Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Idzeks Biggest Decision - What to About Revis...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Idzeks Biggest Decision - What to About Revis...

I love Revis but if we could bring back a package of draft picks and or some young players, I would be inclined to trade him... Assuming teams would be willing to give up much from someone coming off a season ending injury. What say my fellow Jet Posters?
    Last edited by Jet Black; 01-18-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be all for it. Despite what the Revis fanboys might thing, we don't need to have the best CB to win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    only jet fans want to trade him, the team is more then happy to hold on to the best corner in football...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Merge w the Fire Izdik thread

Yeah, would be a bad start here to trade the best player the team has ever had. This might be the only situation where it's good that Rex has some power within the organization, he'd quit before letting this happen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do some morons want to trade the only true positive the team really has going for it right now? Revis is the best defensive player in football. There's no decision.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    only jet fans want to trade him, the team is more then happy to hold on to the best corner in football...
    We don't WANT to trade him but we should consider and field all offers. We need PLAYERS. I love Revis but just how many Superbowls have the Jets won with him???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Why do some morons want to trade the only true positive the team really has going for it right now? Revis is the best defensive player in football. There's no decision.
    That's a little dated. Love Revis but right now, I would trade Revis for Watt straight up and never look back.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    That's a little dated. Love Revis but right now, I would trade Revis for Watt straight up and never look back.
    What have you done for me lately I see... Revis was hurt. He is 27 years old. He has at least 5 more years of taking every team's best WR out of a game entirelt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Texans are not trading Watt like the Jets are not trading Revis....this isn't madden.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The hard truth is that the Jets will watch him have a great season next year and then watch him walk away. The Jets are not going to be real contenders for at least two more seasons and Revis is already in his prime years now. The Jets will not be able to franchise him after next season either. Trading him may be a smart thing long term but I am not sure they will get full value due to him coming off his injury. It is a tough position and I fear the Jets are going to lose in the end.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What have you done for me lately I see... Revis was hurt. He is 27 years old. He has at least 5 more years of taking every team's best WR out of a game entirelt.
    I'd prefer a pass-rusher who can take the QB away from the receivers.

Revis is the best CB, and it's cool to be able to say that he's a Jet. But, you really don't need the best CB in the league to win. Though, I will say that my willingness to part with him is entirely based on how greedy he decides to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade him now or hes walking. Thats the options.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet Cowboy fans said the same thing about Herschell Walker. How did that work out?? BTW, why you have to result to insults.... another internet tough guy, SMH....

Now read very carefully....

NO ONE WANTS TO TRADE REVIS...

Let me try that again for the TRULY DENSE

NO ONE WANTS TO TRADE REVIS....

BUT ANY SAVVY GM HAS TO CONSIDER ALL OPTIONS ESPECIALLY IF REVIS IS SET ON HOLDING OUT AGAIN FOR MORE MONEY AND IF THERE ARE OFFERS AVAILABLE THAT WILL HELP THIS TEAM IMPROVE IN SEVERAL OTHER AREAS.

DO YOU WANT TO WIN A SUPERBOWL IN YOUR LIFETIME OR JUST BRAG ABOUT HAVING THE BEST CB IN THE GAME (DEBATABLE UNTIL HE GETS ON THE FIELD AGAIN)?

The Giants Corners have been average to downright SUCKING.

THEY HAVE TWICE AS MANY SUPERBOWLS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS THEN THE JETS HAVE IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY.

Oh by the way in case you missed it....

NO ONE WANTS TO TRADE REVIS

Get it now?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Future hall of famer...

You don't trade future hall of famers. Period.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Trade him now or hes walking. Thats the options.
    He will have to prove that he can still play though.

You could do it mid-season and see how he plays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetMex View Post
    You don't trade future hall of famers. Period.
    You're acting as if he's a HoF QB or something. He plays CB, a position that you don't NEED to be super mega ultra awesome HoF elite at to win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sell high, buy low.

meaning: trade Cro, resign Revis.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis WAS the best cb in football,He's coming off an injury.
    Will he be the best next year ?

Revis wants to be paid as the best cb in the league,Do you want to pay him that type of money ?
    And give up draft picks for the privilige of paying him top cb money ?

Lower expectations as to the amount of compensation you'de get back for him.

Just Sayin

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You're acting as if he's a HoF QB or something. He plays CB, a position that you don't NEED to be super mega ultra awesome HoF elite at to win.
    Although as we saw last weekend, especially with the Broncos and Texans, it couldn't hurt to have a great corner

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'd prefer a pass-rusher who can take the QB away from the receivers.

Revis is the best CB, and it's cool to be able to say that he's a Jet. But, you really don't need the best CB in the league to win. Though, I will say that my willingness to part with him is entirely based on how greedy he decides to be.
    THIS.

Also, if Cromartie continues playing the way he did this past season, the need for Revis is not nearly as great as it was before. I mean if we can keep him for a good price fine but I think he is going to go hard for the money and in that case the team has no choice but to shop him.