Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Idzeks Biggest Decision - What to About Revis...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Sell high, buy low.

meaning: trade Cro, resign Revis.
    Now that's a interesting thought.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sell high, buy low.

meaning: trade Cro, resign Revis.
    Interesting... hadn't really thought of that. What do you think he would bring in a trade?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get draft picks 4 revis if u can. Thats the way to go bc its a team sport.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Although as we saw last weekend, especially with the Broncos and Texans, it couldn't hurt to have a great corner
    it's a passing league... people that think that shutdown corners aren't a premium position are smoking crack. pass rushers and shutdown corners are what makes a defense. jets are #2 in pass defense without revis and without a natural pass rush. imagine what this D would be like if we can rush 4 and get pressure with those corners

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Interesting... hadn't really thought of that. What do you think he would bring in a trade?
    don't know what we can get for Cro, but his value is as high as its gonna get.

I think we could get a solid 3rd rounder, maybe some later picks added.

also trading Cro would open up like $8 million in cap space.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetMex View Post
    You don't trade future hall of famers. Period.
    No you let them walk a year from now and get nothing. No wonder this team hasn't won **** since 1968. Too sentimental...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

we gave up a 3rd/conditional 2nd for cro when the chargers were looking to unload him after the playoff loss. cro's play has improved a lot, especially coming off this big season... I'd think we could probably get an early 2nd/late 1st possibly since he's signed to a reasonable deal

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I think even with some teams that are very close, we could get a 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although as we saw last weekend, especially with the Broncos and Texans, it couldn't hurt to have a great corner
    Champ just had a bad game is all. Dunno what the **** was with him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    I bet Cowboy fans said the same thing about Herschell Walker. How did that work out?? BTW, why you have to result to insults.... another internet tough guy, SMH....

Now read very carefully....

NO ONE WANTS TO TRADE REVIS...

Let me try that again for the TRULY DENSE

NO ONE WANTS TO TRADE REVIS....

BUT ANY SAVVY GM HAS TO CONSIDER ALL OPTIONS ESPECIALLY IF REVIS IS SET ON HOLDING OUT AGAIN FOR MORE MONEY AND IF THERE ARE OFFERS AVAILABLE THAT WILL HELP THIS TEAM IMPROVE IN SEVERAL OTHER AREAS.

DO YOU WANT TO WIN A SUPERBOWL IN YOUR LIFETIME OR JUST BRAG ABOUT HAVING THE BEST CB IN THE GAME (DEBATABLE UNTIL HE GETS ON THE FIELD AGAIN)?

The Giants Corners have been average to downright SUCKING.

THEY HAVE TWICE AS MANY SUPERBOWLS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS THEN THE JETS HAVE IN THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY.

Oh by the way in case you missed it....

NO ONE WANTS TO TRADE REVIS

Get it now?
    Sorry JB, love ya man, but i wanna trade Revis bad. We need the roster spot, the cap room and the draft pick(s) we could get for this player and we need them this yr.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    it's a passing league... people that think that shutdown corners aren't a premium position are smoking crack. pass rushers and shutdown corners are what makes a defense. jets are #2 in pass defense without revis and without a natural pass rush. imagine what this D would be like if we can rush 4 and get pressure with those corners
    it's a passing league... people that think that shutdown corners aren't a premium position are smoking crack

Absolutely right it's a passing league...
    Patriots must keep winning divisions because of their cb's LOL

Ty Law was good
    Sterling Moore
    Cb Troy Brown
    Arrington
    Julien Edelman
    Help me out can't remember some of the other shutdown cb's

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Champ just had a bad game is all. Dunno what the **** was with him.
    Really?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG2004 View Post
    it's a passing league... people that think that shutdown corners aren't a premium position are smoking crack

Absolutely right it's a passing league...
    Patriots must keep winning divisions because of their cb's LOL

Ty Law was good
    Sterling Moore
    Cb Troy Brown
    Arrington
    Julien Edelman
    Help me out can't remember some of the other shutdown cb's
    the pats have spent 2 first round picks and 5 second round picks on DB's over the last 6 years and their secondary is still hot garbage. they probably would have at least another SB under their belt if they had an average secondary

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we gave up a 3rd/conditional 2nd for cro when the chargers were looking to unload him after the playoff loss. cro's play has improved a lot, especially coming off this big season... I'd think we could probably get an early 2nd/late 1st possibly since he's signed to a reasonable deal
    I think even with some teams that are very close, we could get a 2.
    Maybe, but I'm thinking at his age teams might not be willing to give up a 2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis is easy IMO. Abstain until next year. No one is going to give up enough to get him coming off injury. At best your getting a 2nd and still taking a cap hit. Unless someone is willing to taking Sanchez or Holmes as part of the deal it would be loose loose for our GM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    the pats have spent 2 first round picks and 5 second round picks on DB's over the last 6 years and their secondary is still hot garbage. they probably would have at least another SB under their belt if they had an average secondary
    I agree with you..
    Pats have SUCKED at drafting cb's and Wr's too.

My point is QB's, interior linemen OL and DL.
    Those are the positions to spend your money.
    Welker, BB wasn't being cheap he was being smart.

To me revis is great but top cb's are a luxury that you seldom should pay for.

I'de rather have a nice meal with a cheap bottle of wine than a expensive bottle of wine to wash down a taco bell burito.

Fix the qb,fix the trenches, use revis's money to tie up those guys long term after you draft the of course

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets proved they can have a strong defense without Revis. His stock went WAY down this season. Had he played, how many more games would the Jets have won? I'd say maybe 1 at the most. Not very different.

On defense the Jets need a pass rusher. The secondary can hold its own (resign Landry first).

If you trade Revis for 2 high picks (a 1 and a 2), then it's worth it.

Revis isn't Brady, who changes the game. Not even close.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by REDDOG2004 View Post
    I agree with you..
    Pats have SUCKED at drafting cb's and Wr's too.

My point is QB's, interior linemen OL and Dl.
    Those are the positions to spend your money.
    Welker BB wasn't being cheap he was being smart.

To me revis is great but top cb's are a luxury that you seldom should pay for.
    good corners can mask a lot of things, the jets have had top defenses the last few years with an abysmal pass rush. I just think that if you can find a way to keep these corners and get those pass rushers through the draft you have the makings of a truly dominant D, 2003 bucs/2000 ravens level of play

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do the Jets and some of you guys love to do everything backwards?

Before the debacle and epic circus known as the 2012 Jets season the organization and the clueless faithful were all rah rah for ground and pound in a passing league. That worked out great didn't it?

Now you guys want to praise and hand a blank check to the only bluechip we have that is a consistent threat to hold out. Acting as if the team doesn't have a lot of needs to address this offseason.

Anyone of you pro Revis guys take a look at the Giants roster that won two superbowls in 5 years? They didn't have a Revis or a Cromartie, they had aging and average at best coverage in the secondary. In that timespan the Jets with their all pro CB's have beat Brady twice and they play the Pats twice a season. The Giants played them 4 times (twice in the Superbowl) and beat them 3 times with their average secondary. It's painfully obvious what it takes to beat Brady, a stout D-Line and a pass rush. All pro CB's that demand a kings ransom to show up on the field ain't winning you ****.

Stop doing everything backwards. It never has worked and never will.
    Last edited by nyctomjetsfan; 01-18-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    good corners can mask a lot of things, the jets have had top defenses the last few years with an abysmal pass rush. I just think that if you can find a way to keep these corners and get those pass rushers through the draft you have the makings of a truly dominant D, 2003 bucs/2000 ravens level of play
    I'm not promoting you jetison revis, I just don't think you'll get back as much as many think they would in a trade.

I also think top cb's are a luxury$$$ versus other positions in todays offensive minded NFL.