Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Idzeks Biggest Decision - What to About Revis...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think quite a few think you build your team around the CB instead..
    Oh and get rid of your sig. I always lift my hand when I see it as an initial reaction

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples,Ellis,Wilkerson,Cromartie,Landry,Bell,Harri s,Davis,mcintyre add a speedy olb or switch to the 4-3 and you have an elite top 5 nfl defense.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Except we have to score point too and need talent on offense.
    We have the draft and free agency to build our offense.

Once we clear out $36M in cap space this year we'll be able to make some moves and more next year as when we drop Sanchez, Holmes and others.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    We put money on Sanchez and tried to build around him. Look at how that turned out.

I dont understand NOT resigning Revis. Where are we putting money elsewhere? What are the good free agent QBs we should get that are good enough so we can forget about Revis? Where is all the talent?
    You miss the point I would love for Revis to retire a Jet.. But knowing his history I doubt if he is here past next season.. I think HE will make it impossible to resign him.. BTW what big players did we build around Sanchez?? Holmes??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's about a little thing called "resources".

How the hell are we going to fix this sh*tastic offense if we have damn near a quarter of our cap tied into our starting CB's alone?

Is Revis a great player? Sure

But I don't really give a sh*t because to me, there's no way you can justify paying a CB Tom Brady/Peyton Manning money. That's just idiotic and I don't take Idzik for an idiot.

Our pass defense was ranked 2nd in the league this year without Revis. So please tell me why we really need him?

Fix the offense already

F*ck

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no more like hill,kerley,edwards,holmes. post facts and not fiction.

id rather cut sanchez and the offense instantly improves.
    No , my point is you cut Sanchez and the inherent 17M cap hit , you end up with bargin bin replacements everywhere else because you can't afford to pay them all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Yeah we were second in pass defense. Take out that Cardinals, Rams, and Titans game and I bet you we would rank in the 20's.
    And take out the games against the 49ers and Pats and we could have been 1st - you can play that game both ways.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    There is nothing more to it. You put your money at the most important position - QB. Simple as that.
    they did where did sanchez get us?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In football history how many teams were built around a CB???
    I don't buy into this hold building around an individual player thing. Football is a team sport. I can see picking a system that favors your players, but building a team around a player, I don't even know what that means.

What are some examples of teams building a team around a player. Who did Indy bring in to build around Peyton?

Who specifically did the Pats bring in to build around Brady? Their receivers and RBs are OK, but not superstars. Only guy who really panned out for them was Gronkowski and he was a 2nd round pick and arrived several years after Brady.

There are some teams that are built around the running game and perhaps a great back, but not as common nowadays.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    a intelligent jets fan...........
    If he's playing Madden. Welcome to the world of salary cap football folks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Nobody is going to give you a legit pass rusher or QB for revis. derp derp doe
    Show me where I said anything about trading for a pass rusher. ****ing uninformed dip****, you are.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I am a diehard Jet fan and I absolutely love Revis but a football team is a team. You simply can't pay a cornerback that kind of money. Even if Revis was totally healthy this season - the best corner ever - how many games do the Jets win ? Maybe 7 or 8 at most. So you hamstring your whole team to have the best corner and you win 7 games? It's just not worth it. Sorry but it's just not effective putting that much money at that position. That's the bottom line.
    There is nothing more to it. You put your money at the most important position - QB. Simple as that.
    What kind of money are you referring to.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No one is trading a 1st round pick for Revis.

Doesn't matter if he's the best corner in football. He's still a corner. A corner coming off a season in which he shredded his knee.

I'd trade him for a 2nd and not think twice.

I'd be a bit reluctant to trade him for a conditional 3rd, but when push comes to shove that's a deal I'd make.
    Revis will be worth at least a 1st round pick. Maybe two.

A conditional 3rd? That would be the worst trade in the history of football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trading Revis makes no sense. He is our best player that counts very little against the cap. Also with only one year left his contract, no team will give too much in compensation because he can be a free agent after the coming season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Revis will be worth at least a 1st round pick. Maybe two.

A conditional 3rd? That would be the worst trade in the history of football.
    No, he won't.

Franchise QB's are worth multiple 1st round picks. Not CB's who, no matter how great they are, only take away one single player.

We're talking about a guy who, let's face it, doesn't play a very important position, is coming off a season in which he shredded his knee, and wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

You're batsh*t crazy if you think anyone is giving up a 1st round pick, much less MULTIPLE 1st round picks, for that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'll ask it again because I can't get an answer from the don't trade Revis at all costs people. How much are you willing to pay him? Where do you draw the line?

if he asks for $12mm a year, $15mm, $20mm????

is there no line, just pay him whatever he asks? Because that's what it sounds likes you're saying.
    I don't think anyone is saying that? He is still under contract.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Show me where I said anything about trading for a pass rusher. ****ing uninformed dip****, you are.
    Whoa lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Whoa lol
    He rustled my jimmies.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He rustled my jimmies.
    This I can tell

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    This I can tell
    lol. I just hate people not reading and putting words in my mouth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol. I just hate people not reading and putting words in my mouth.
    Understandable. Life is good, hockey is back and the pens are beating Philly!