Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Idzeks Biggest Decision - What to About Revis...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Understandable. Life is good, hockey is back and the pens are beating Philly!
    My Stars play later today. I'm watching my buddy's Blackhawks abuse the Queens right now, lol.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    The Jets have a culture of trading away all of their best players. Now, we have a legitimately great player on our team and all of these idiots want to trade him. That would be the dumbest f*cking thing they could ever do.

John Idzik? If you by chance read this forum, PLEASE do not ever listen to any one of these morons around here.

Darrelle Revis is an all world player. A player that if you build around him will make the team championship worthy. He MUST get locked up for his entire career as a NYJ.
    Name a team that EVER built their team around an All-Pro CB and went to the SB...don't worry i'll wait.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dumbest idea yet. Don't know why you would trade the best player you have. I do believe the ones calling for him to be traded are the ones that wanted Tebow to start. Just shows you how smart they are.
    For the record, I hated the Tebow trade from day 1, am a big Revis, own his jersey, and I want to trade him.

It's almost as if the "Keep Revis and pay him whatever he asks" camp is content on saying "My team has the best corner of this generation", instead of doing the logical thing and trade him to one day hopefully say "my team won the SB this year".

Revis ain't leading us to no superbowl, I'm not exactly sure why this isn't as clear as day now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    This is absolute silliness. You don't trade Revis. Yes we need some depth, but Jesus your going to trade away the best defensive player in the game on a weekly basis, for a couple of unknown draft picks that could turn out to be a couple of Vernon Gholstons!!!?

We keep him and all out draft picks this year. Maybe we trade down an get a few extra. We can fill depth that way.

Also anyone complaining about getting a pass-rusher, it's not goin to come in a straight up trade for Revis(ex: Revis for Watt). We have two young, excellent d-linemen who are developing into good pass rushers, especially coples. I'm expecting a beastly year for him in 2013. And if a good OLB falls to us at 9, and he turns out to be a player, we just filled a HUGE need
    This is why you are not an NFL GM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What 2 games would have Revis won for the Jets?
    The ones where he played Quarterback.

The obsessive man-love for Revis by some of the fans is embarrassing.

Sure am glad we have the best CB in the game. Beats having Super Bowl rings any day

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    In what dreamland has (if he still is) the best CB won a Super Bowl?

Because outside of Charles Woodson, the past, what, 10+ Super Bowl winners have all had absolutely terrible secondaries.

I could see how people can logically argue that keeping Revis for 12 million a year would benefit this team more than signing Dwayne Bowe for the rest of his career CHEAPER.
    Darrell Green and Deion won a handful of Super Bowls along with Woodson. There haven't been too many better than Deion, Green, Revis and Woodson.

With that said, and my obviouslove of Revis, it would be a crime to comsider trading ANY player. But if we trade Revis we better get back a Herschel Walker type return. I ain't trading an all time great for a 1st (20th overall) and a 2nd 55th overall). That would just be retarded, especially when our GM is unproven.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    For the record, I hated the Tebow trade from day 1, am a big Revis, own his jersey, and I want to trade him.

It's almost as if the "Keep Revis and pay him whatever he asks" camp is content on saying "My team has the best corner of this generation", instead of doing the logical thing and trade him to one day hopefully say "my team won the SB this year".

Revis ain't leading us to no superbowl, I'm not exactly sure why this isn't as clear as day now.
    Ain't leading us to no Super Bowl....awesome analysis. Revis is the only sure thing we have. Even after surgery. Just don't.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Darrell Green and Deion won a handful of Super Bowls along with Woodson. There haven't been too many better than Deion, Green, Revis and Woodson.

With that said, and my obviouslove of Revis, it would be a crime to comsider trading ANY player. But if we trade Revis we better get back a Herschel Walker type return. I ain't trading an all time great for a 1st (20th overall) and a 2nd 55th overall). That would just be retarded, especially when our GM is unproven.
    This guy gets it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ain't leading us to no Super Bowl....awesome analysis. Revis is the only sure thing we have. Even after surgery. Just don't.
    neither is sanchez yet rex starts him every damn game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    neither is sanchez yet rex starts him every damn game.
    What!? Lol. Who did you want Rex to start?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What!? Lol. Who did you want Rex to start?
    after game 6 anyone but him. thats right!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    after game 6 anyone but him. thats right!
    Haha.

I love this forum.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    I say we start a petition to band morons from these sites and the stadium and from being a jets fan. what say?
    Who will harass broads walking down the stadium spiral.....or buy PSLs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha.

I love this forum.
    dude sanchez sucks did you even watch any of the games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

The flipside is that many anti-Revis people want to trade him for ANYTHING. I could maybe understand an argument of "hey, IF we can get a 1st round pick we should consider it". But people are wanting are just wanting to give him away. We had people saying this past Summer that we should cut him, which makes me think people are mad about his holdouts and not thinking logically.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, he won't.

Franchise QB's are worth multiple 1st round picks. Not CB's who, no matter how great they are, only take away one single player.

We're talking about a guy who, let's face it, doesn't play a very important position, is coming off a season in which he shredded his knee, and wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

You're batsh*t crazy if you think anyone is giving up a 1st round pick, much less MULTIPLE 1st round picks, for that.
    CB isn't an important position? In this pass-happy league?

A shredded knee today isn't a shredded knee of 10 or 20 years ago. The science and the medical advances have grown to where these guys come back even stronger. Look at AP this year.

Revis will net two 1st rounders long before he nets your conditional third.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude sanchez sucks did you even watch any of the games?
    This discussion is of Revis my man. Besides, Sanchez was the best QB on the team. Are u a female?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy gets it
    Oh yeah a guy with the name revischrist isn't biased..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Oh yeah a guy with the name revischrist isn't biased..
    God forbid the guy from speaking the truth