Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Idzeks Biggest Decision - What to About Revis...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It is not that his value is not worth it as a football player, it is. He is the best at his position in the nfl. But for a team looking for a top corner do you want to pay his salary and give up the picks. If he was making 7 mill a year for the next 5 years, the jets would get 2#1s plus more. But the guy wants more 12% of the total cap and he is coming off an ACL and is only signed for one year.
    +1 BB would never sign Revis he traded Asante Samuel when he wanted more money.. I wouldn't be surprised if BB signed Mike Devito before camp though..

a deal would have to be worked out

It is not that his value is not worth it as a football player, it is. He is the best at his position in the nfl. But for a team looking for a top corner do you want to pay his salary and give up the picks. If he was making 7 mill a year for the next 5 years, the jets would get 2#1s plus more. But the guy wants more 12% of the total cap and he is coming off an ACL and is only signed for one year.
    Im sure revis would be approached by the team trading for him, to find out about his willingness to sign a long term deal??

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Im sure revis would be approached by the team trading for him, to find out about his willingness to sign a long term deal??
    And that team would insist on some type of holdout clause knowing how Revis is..

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    If a team like a Tampa is convinced revis is healthy, a 1st and 3rd isn't out of the realm of possibility. Warmack and Dysert.I would fly through the roof, and i don't think thats an unreasonable asking price
    You're crazy. NO ONE will give up a 1st and 3rd for 1 year of Revis when they can be 100% certain it will take close to QB money to extend him and even then, he feels no need to honor his contracts.

And unless the Jets are willing to pay over 10% of their total cap to a CB, Revis will have all the leverage and the team will take anything offered. My guess is a 2nd and 4th at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No one is trading a 1st round pick for Revis.

Doesn't matter if he's the best corner in football. He's still a corner. A corner coming off a season in which he shredded his knee.

I'd trade him for a 2nd and not think twice.

I'd be a bit reluctant to trade him for a conditional 3rd, but when push comes to shove that's a deal I'd make.
    Then I don't trade him. We still have a bunch of contracts to get rid of this year. Pace, Smith..... Next year we lose Sanchez, and other contracts. Harris and Holmes are way over paid. Why don't we thing about losing those guys instead of our best player.

What team out there is going to pay 15 mill a year for Revis and trade you three players? The market is not as big as you think, when peppers was a FA they were only a few teams that could afford him and back then the cap was going up every year.
    I'm not saying a team will take Revis salary AND give us 3 players, I'm saying the cap money the Jets save will allow them to pick up three $5 million dollar players in his place. I think the impact of three $5 million dollar players is more than one Darrell Revis considering the Jets need significant help on offense and they are going to a WCO under Morninweg.

the trading team

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You're crazy. NO ONE will give up a 1st and 3rd for 1 year of Revis when they can be 100% certain it will take close to QB money to extend him and even then, he feels no need to honor his contracts.

And unless the Jets are willing to pay over 10% of their total cap to a CB, Revis will have all the leverage and the team will take anything offered. My guess is a 2nd and 4th at best.
    The team trading for Revis would have to work out a long term deal with revis before the draft. Obviously that team would have to appeal to revis.Its tough, we don't even know if were going to explore that option?

Also, instead of saying "Morninweg" (which I'm sure I spelled incorrectly, can we just say "Coach M" from now on? Just askin'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Actually, he's doing just fine.

Why would the QB decision have any bearing on the Revis decision (if there is even one to be made)? That's a wasted sentence right there.
    your opinion.

all decisions directly affect the entire team cb qb kicker punter whatever.

whats wasted is the damn fools who want to trade revis for "i dont know" players and meaningless draft picks.

none of us know what revis will do to restructure to help this team win. im sure hes as aggravated as we all are. its the stupid idiotic fair weather fans who demand he be traded over and over again then complain about losing as well.

Veteran
    I don't get everyone saying the Jets can't afford to pay Revis what he wants. The Jets can't afford to waste 50 million dollars on players like Harris, Scott, and Sanchez. If Idzik is any good and figures out how to pay his players appropriately, then there's no reason that you can't pay a superstar like.....a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    I don't get everyone saying the Jets can't afford to pay Revis what he wants. The Jets can't afford to waste 50 million dollars on players like Harris, Scott, and Sanchez. If Idzik is any good and figures out how to pay his players appropriately, then there's no reason that you can't pay a superstar like.....a superstar.
    exactly pay the superstars not the scrubs like tanny did. all this revis bashing makes me sick. we finally get a superstar marquee player and many haters bash him continually.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    your opinion.

whats wasted is the damn fools who want to trade revis for "i dont know" players and meaningless draft picks.

none of us know what revis will do to restructure to help this team win. im sure hes as aggravated as we all are. its the stupid idiotic fair weather fans who demand he be traded over and over again then complain about losing as well.
    How about fans that care about the team rather then one player?? If the highest paid player is a All Pro QB, I'm all for keeping him but a CB All Pro or not isn't the same thing.. Revis is no Brady that will take less to help the team.. When Revis walks after next season and we get nothing will you then go and root for his new team??

This is absolute silliness. You don't trade Revis. Yes we need some depth, but Jesus your going to trade away the best defensive player in the game on a weekly basis, for a couple of unknown draft picks that could turn out to be a couple of Vernon Gholstons!!!?

We keep him and all out draft picks this year. Maybe we trade down an get a few extra. We can fill depth that way.

Also anyone complaining about getting a pass-rusher, it's not goin to come in a straight up trade for Revis(ex: Revis for Watt). We have two young, excellent d-linemen who are developing into good pass rushers, especially coples. I'm expecting a beastly year for him in 2013. And if a good OLB falls to us at 9, and he turns out to be a player, we just filled a HUGE need

All League
    If we aren't going to break the bank for him eventually then yes we should trade him, but now is when his value is at an all time low.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    If we aren't going to break the bank for him eventually then yes we should trade him, but now is when his value is at an all time low.
    Going by that then Revis should agree to a sane contract ?? Do you really think that will happen with Mevis??

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    This is what stinks. We have to trade him, people who think otherwise do not see the big picture.

I'd settle for a 2nd rounder. Too many problems with the team to worry about paying a star CB who demands top dollar and holds out too often.

your opinion.

History tell us that's not going to happen with Mevis.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    How about fans that care about the team rather then one player?? If the highest paid player is a All Pro QB, I'm all for keeping him but a CB All Pro or not isn't the same thing.. Revis is no Brady that will take less to help the team.. When Revis walks after next season and we get nothing will you then go and root for his new team??
    root for a new team? no thanks i leave that to guys like you.

so sick and tired of the hate for the nfls best cb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

root for a new team? no thanks i leave that to guys like you.

so sick and tired of the hate for the nfls best cb.
    Your a player fan not a team fan that's the difference.. I've been a Jet fan longer then you have been breathing, I just don't put one player over the team like you do.. What killed the team this year was the horrid play of Sanchez do you think we would have been 12-4 if Revis played the whole year??

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Your a player fan not a team fan that's the difference.. I've been a Jet fan longer then you have been breathing, I just don't put one player over the team like you do.. What killed the team this year was the horrid play of Sanchez do you think we would have been 12-4 if Revis played the whole year??
    8 and 8