Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 301

Thread: Idzeks Biggest Decision - What to About Revis...

  1. #261
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,539
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    God forbid the guy from speaking the truth
    The truth for some of you is Revis is the most important player in NFL history. I just think he's a great CB that will be really hard to sign and we have many other needs.. We will see in the coming season how it plays out..

  2. #262
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The truth for some of you is Revis is the most important player in NFL history. I just think he's a great CB that will be really hard to sign and we have many other needs.. We will see in the coming season how it plays out..
    I agree with you. It's to early to tell if he is "unsignable" . If we can keep him then great. But to just trade him for the sake of trading him is crazy.

  3. #263
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,539
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I agree with you. It's to early to tell if he is "unsignable" . If we can keep him then great. But to just trade him for the sake of trading him is crazy.
    And I for one never said that.. We don't even know if he will show up in Camp this summer..

  4. #264
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And I for one never said that.. We don't even know if he will show up in Camp this summer..
    He hasn't missed a game due to holding out. It's business.

  5. #265
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,539
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    He hasn't missed a game due to holding out. It's business.
    He didn't miss a game because the Jets caved.. He was holding out as a rookie before he played in 1 game.. Now that he's a God as some think who knows what he will want??

  6. #266
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He didn't miss a game because the Jets caved.. He was holding out as a rookie before he played in 1 game.. Now that he's a God as some think who knows what he will want??
    The jets didnt cave. He got what he deserved. He wants to play just as much as anyone else. If his contract was detrimental to the team, it would be known. And by the way, he is a god..... He is the best in the world at what he does.

  7. #267
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    We don't WANT to trade him but we should consider and field all offers. We need PLAYERS. I love Revis but just how many Superbowls have the Jets won with him???
    The other thing is no one has thought of or posted this before.

    I will bet the house that this isnt close to the biggest decision our new GM has to face this year.

  8. #268
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,539
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    The jets didnt cave. He got what he deserved. He wants to play just as much as anyone else. If his contract was detrimental to the team, it would be known. And by the way, he is a god..... He is the best in the world at what he does.
    And another fan from Revis home turf bows to his god..

  9. #269
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He didn't miss a game because the Jets caved.. He was holding out as a rookie before he played in 1 game.. Now that he's a God as some think who knows what he will want??
    He held out because the Jets wanted him to take a contract that no other rookies signed.

    And negotiating your first contract really isn't a holdout. Or his fault. Funny that people blame players, not mgt for playing hardball as was the case with his first.

  10. #270
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    He hasn't missed a game due to holding out. It's business.
    He sort of did. If you figure that holding out the second time led directly to his hamstring injury then there's arguable causation.

    It's the slow time of year so what the heck

  11. #271
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And another fan from Revis home turf bows to his god..
    Yeah i grew up close to revis, so what. Say what you want. These guys pulling the strings know more than both of us combined. Put your name in the hat for the next open GM spot. In sure you will bring home a winner. You just don't get it

  12. #272
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    He sort of did. If you figure that holding out the second time led directly to his hamstring injury then there's arguable causation.

    It's the slow time of year so what the heck
    Weak

  13. #273
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    He sort of did. If you figure that holding out the second time led directly to his hamstring injury then there's arguable causation.

    It's the slow time of year so what the heck
    Really, the holdout in preseason led directly to his hammy injury in week 5?

    Weak, really weak.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    The jets didnt cave. He got what he deserved. He wants to play just as much as anyone else. If his contract was detrimental to the team, it would be known. And by the way, he is a god..... He is the best in the world at what he does.
    So... are you his mother or his sister?

    If some team wants to offer us a 1st for him, we should take it. Unfortunately, they won't. They know that he will be a FA this time next year. Why give up a first or second to rent Revis for only one year?

    Revis is a GREAT player. And he is not stupid. He will play out this year, play well, and hit the open market in 2014. He will not agree to an extension on the cheap this year. Won't happen.

    So the Jets will have Revis for 2013. He is relatively cheap against the cap this year. Next year he will go to the highest bidder. I honestly hope it is not the Jets. We need to focus resources elsewhere.

  15. #275
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,858
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    So... are you his mother or his sister?

    If some team wants to offer us a 1st for him, we should take it. Unfortunately, they won't. They know that he will be a FA this time next year. Why give up a first or second to rent Revis for only one year?

    Revis is a GREAT player. And he is not stupid. He will play out this year, play well, and hit the open market in 2014. He will not agree to an extension on the cheap this year. Won't happen.

    So the Jets will have Revis for 2013. He is relatively cheap against the cap this year. Next year he will go to the highest bidder. I honestly hope it is not the Jets. We need to focus resources elsewhere.
    His mother

  16. #276
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The flipside is that many anti-Revis people want to trade him for ANYTHING. I could maybe understand an argument of "hey, IF we can get a 1st round pick we should consider it". But people are wanting are just wanting to give him away. We had people saying this past Summer that we should cut him, which makes me think people are mad about his holdouts and not thinking logically.
    Oh I absolutely understand that point. Cutting Revis is laughable at best, and I don't think we should trade him out of desperation and get a conditional 5th for him or something like that. I would hate to see Revis go, but given the shape our roster is in, we have to at least entertain the idea. I feel with all of the holes we have on our team thanks to our former brain trust, we can't afford to pay the best CB this generation has seen what it is assumed he will be asking for. Having Revis with the talent level we have on offense is an unneeded luxury, especially given the fact that we did so well in passing defense without him for 2/3rds of the season. Let's get value for him now before he can walk away from us to help out the rest of the roster. Use the money we would have payed Revis into getting some talent on offense.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Show me where I said anything about trading for a pass rusher. ****ing uninformed dip****, you are.
    LOL easy there buddy. well your goal in trading revis is to acquire picks so we can draft at positions of need right? OLB, QB, etc? I can tell you right now we're not getting a top pick for revis... look at the abraham deal where we get the #29 pick (mangold) for abraham on a franchise tag. if you think we can get equal replacement in talent from a late 1st rounder then by all means. who knows, maybe try to stockpile some 1st rounders to get a shot at clowney or bridgewater next year but I'm not confident you will get equal replacement in talent as compensation for revis

  18. #278
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,539
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Oh I absolutely understand that point. Cutting Revis is laughable at best, and I don't think we should trade him out of desperation and get a conditional 5th for him or something like that. I would hate to see Revis go, but given the shape our roster is in, we have to at least entertain the idea. I feel with all of the holes we have on our team thanks to our former brain trust, we can't afford to pay the best CB this generation has seen what it is assumed he will be asking for. Having Revis with the talent level we have on offense is an unneeded luxury, especially given the fact that we did so well in passing defense without him for 2/3rds of the season. Let's get value for him now before he can walk away from us to help out the rest of the roster. Use the money we would have payed Revis into getting some talent on offense.
    Ok who said that??

  19. #279
    you guys are forgetting a big issue here.. What does Revis want? Does he want to go to a top team and avoid this mess? Does he just want top dollar? Which is what I think he cares most about. If thats the case he will probably want to go to FA for bidding war. We cant risk losing him for nothing.

    You also have to ask, will Revis want to agree to sign at time of trade with the trading team. Team is not going to give a high pick to rent revis for less than a year.. If we are stuck with sanchez next year we are not making the playoffs, maybe we can trade revis for a 3rd, then try to sign him as a FA ha. not likely to happen but that would be great.

    If we cant sign him before season, can always trade him in season before the deadline. Give him a chance to show hes back in form, and maybe some playoff bound team sees they have a huge weakness at corner, giants/denver,ect. and gets desperate. If the giants had Revis they would easily made the playoffs, after watching them lose games with corner play.. Its not like a qb in season, Revis can come on a team and instantly make a huge difference..

  20. #280

    ouch.........

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    We will miss you..
    good jab.......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us