Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What An Absolute joke

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The press release states "official duties and job description" it does not state what actually happens.

No one knows if he will do good or not. People that say he is a bad hire are clueless, hes not Tannenbaum. He has some experience in personnel and was around football his entire life. Also, he has a great relationship with player agents unlike Tannenbaum who burnt a lot of bridges with agents.

Insiders have been saying how hes a excellent hiring and a rising star around the ranks.

This was not a bad hire, a bad hire would have been hiring Jerry Angelo or promoting Scott Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The press release states "official duties and job description" it does not state what actually happens.
    But what it didn't state in any way shape or form that he had a greater input than Scot McCloughan in player evaluations or that he wa part of the ruling troika. All three titles -The director of pro scouting, college scouting, and football operations report to Scot McCloughan as senior personnel director.

Carroll is the boss, as Executive VP of Football Operations & Head Coach, Schneider is the GM and reports to Carroll, There is no equal sharing of power. Carrol is the man. Scot McCloughan as senior personnel director and he reports to Schneider. Idzeks also reported to Schneider in his duties, but those were mainly 'business" and not personnel.
    Last edited by patman; 01-19-2013 at 12:33 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    But what it didn't state in any way shape or form that he had a greater input than Scot McCloughan in player evaluations or that he wa part of the ruling troika. All three titles -The director of pro scouting, college scouting, and football operations report to Scot McCloughan as senior personnel director.

Carroll is the boss, as Executive VP of Football Operations & Head Coach, Schneider is the GM and reports to Carroll, There is no equal sharing of power. Carrol is the man. Scot McCloughan as senior personnel director and he reports to Schneider. Idzeks also reported to Schneider in his duties, but those were mainly 'business" and not personnel.
    What does it say in Belicheck's bio? Do you believe it? You know what. Go Away now.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What does it say in Belicheck's bio? Do you believe it? You know what. Go Away now.
    yes, I do. And what does that have to do with Idzik being part of a troika of power in Seattle.
    Last edited by patman; 01-19-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I find it offensive, and a complete joke that anyone automatically say that Idzik is Tannenbaum and the Mohrninweg hire is no good and spew criticism at the Jets for these 2 hires.
    The Jets went to 2 AFC finals under Tanny in the last 4 years. Rehiring him in a different wrapper is a decidedly good thing.

Wig is going to install the Paul Hackett O which from my recollection allowed Herm Edwards coached teams to reach the playoffs on numerous occasions.

With the hire of Wizdick we should be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    No one knows if he will do good or not. People that say he is a bad hire are clueless, hes not Tannenbaum. He has some experience in personnel and was around football his entire life. Also, he has a great relationship with player agents unlike Tannenbaum who burnt a lot of bridges with agents.

Insiders have been saying how hes a excellent hiring and a rising star around the ranks.

This was not a bad hire, a bad hire would have been hiring Jerry Angelo or promoting Scott Cohen.
    On that note...he is an outsider and will bring in a new perspective. I hope he beats the $hit out of REX in meetings and stands his ground.

There are several morons right on this site that will criticize these moves as if they know more about the game than anyone else. One of them I'll give a you a hint, he's not from this country. But it doesn't matter anyway, he probably spends all of his time stoned out of his f*cking mind on cocaine. Hopefully, that person (if you can call him that) will overdose and we'll be spared any more crap from his filthy sewer.

That's about the same way I feel about the media also. They know as little as anyone else on these hires. They just PRESUME to know more. A little arrogant? Don't you think?

At the end of the day, WOODY JOHNSON conducted a marvelous GM search. It was very thorough and he looked at many candidates. IMO, that is the best way to conduct such a search.

So I have confidence Woody made the right choice on this.

Rookie
    Let's face it, negativity sells paper's because it sparks controversy. It's like when a team selects a draft pick, you have to give it time to marinate and see how they do.
    Let's see how these guy's do before we judge.

You display a surprising level of ignorance(or maybe it's naivity)in how the day to day running of any operation happens in reality.

And it's Idzik

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    You display a surprising level of ignorance(or maybe it's naivity)in how the day to day running of any operation happens in reality.

And it's Idzik
    Are you agreeing with jetman67 statement saying that John Schneider, Carroll and Idzik had equal responsibilities regarding player procurement and that Idzik's input on player procurement more than Scot McCloughan?

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I find it offensive, and a complete joke that anyone automatically say that Idzik is Tannenbaum and the Mohrninweg hire is no good and spew criticism at the Jets for these 2 hires.

And how do these guys know so much anyway? Does anyone think or believe that Mike Fat is familiar with the inner workings of the Seattle Seahawks front office? Really? Come on, no way, just him spouting off Jet hatred as he always does, nothing more, nothing less.

Admittedly, I know nothing about John Idzik other than the obvious; the Seahawks roster is light years ahead of ours, and the Seahawks could possibly play in a Super Bowl as early as next season. They are stocked with Championship caliber players up and down, and have a kick ass defense, and a good offense that was 1 or 2 players away this season. Did that happen by accident? Hardly, I would believe so how about us as fans giving Mr. Idzik a chance? It is, after all, the new beginning we all craved. As far as the Mohrninweg hire, game planning and design was not the Eagles problem last season, Vick and Foles just could not stop Sanchez'ing.
    As nobody knows better than us, turn the football over and you lose. Period.

Proof positive that no matter what this organization does, the media, especially Franchesca, will have nothing but negative things to say.

I for one like what I hear about Idzik, he seems to be a well rounded football/financial man, not only from outside the existing organization, but from across the darned Country!Just what we needed actually, a fresh start, new blood and hopefully, new philosophy.. Oh, and they will bring in a staff of football personnel to help him. So let's let the man go to work, see what happens, and keep the Jet faith....
    I agree. Look at Seattle. Let's see if he can recreate some of that magic here. To say he's a cap guy like Tanny is so superficial. Just looking for a simple, understandable narrative to something much more complex. If all Tanny could do was manage the cap, why is our cap situation so bad? Bunch of horse ****. Let's see what this guy can do!
    Last edited by Cornfed; 01-20-2013 at 03:34 AM.

He sure has a tough job ahead of him.. anyone would be a HUGE upgrade over tanny.. Look forward to 2014 when we can finally cut ties with sanchez and some other bad contracts..

All Pro
    yes, I do. And what does that have to do with Idzik being part of a troika of power in Seattle.
    Didn't I tell you to go away? That responsibility is in my press release if you want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Didn't I tell you to go away? That responsibility is in my press release if you want to check it out.
    Please post your press release, it is late and everyone likes to have a laugh to close out the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I agree. Look at Seattle. Let's see if he can recreate some of that magic here. To say he's a cap guy like Tanny is so superficial. Just looking for a simple, understandable narrative to something more more complex. If all Tanny could do was manage the cap, why is our cap situation so bad? Bunch of horse ****. Let's see what this guy can do!
    The guy is hired to be a manager, lets see if he surrounds himself with quality people and turns the situation around. Next year the jets should have a good (top) pick again and enough money to start to put his stamp on the organization. At least he gives hope to fans as most thought Tanny could not get himself out of the hole he dug.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Picking on the Jets is like rich people making fun of poor people. The way the Jets are treated by the media, You would think that they started a bounty system to end players careers or had their star QB allegedly rape two women or that they videotaped other teams signals and cheated to win games.
    +1

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post
    I felt this exact same way going into 2009 and we almost made the superbowl!

Its like... when your hopes are up, they build you up and then drop you. 3 times a season if they can get you.

But when you expect that they will suck, they surprise you... but still punch you in the nuts. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    LMAO...

So true!

And they ALWAYS lure you back into caring for that final nut punch of the season.
    HAHAHA
    Just a nut punch? Those "SOJ/give-up-on-them-then-they-give-you-hope-then-they-die-an-improbable-horrid-death-over-and-over" always feel like a simultaneous disembowelment / Stab in the back / Punch in the face AND nut punch.

Practice Squad
    Do you have something to contribute to the thread?
    Ooh! Ooh! Here's my contribution!

Considering your name is patman, and that your lifelong dream is to place both Bill Belicheat and Pom-Pom Brady's scrotums in your mouth simultaneously, does the knowledge that the Patriots will never win another Super Bowl keep you so depressed that you must post on long-suffering NY Jet fan webforums to feel manly? And and once Brady and Belicheat retire and the Patriots will return to the perennial doormat of the AFC East, will you then become a fan of the Super Bowl winning [ENTER CITY NAME SPORTS TEAM NAME HERE] or will you leap headfirst into un-flushed toilets in bathhouses frequented by thousands of effeminate men (AKA Gillette Stadium's rest rooms)" all wearing bent-over-men in Revolutionary War costumes on their hats, shirts, underwear and tatooed on ther buttcheeks like yourself?
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 01-20-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Are you agreeing with jetman67 statement saying that John Schneider, Carroll and Idzik had equal responsibilities regarding player procurement and that Idzik's input on player procurement more than Scot McCloughan?

I am 100% not claiming expertise on the specifics of the Seahawks front office dynamics based upon having read a press release.Only the naive or the clinically stupid would do so.What a press release says the dynamics of an organisation (any organisation)are on paper and the actual reality of the dynamics behind closed doors are two entirely different things.I claim no specific knowledge of the Seahawks inner workings beyond what is public record,feel free to share your inside sources with us