Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What An Absolute joke

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

What An Absolute joke

I find it offensive, and a complete joke that anyone automatically say that Idzik is Tannenbaum and the Mohrninweg hire is no good and spew criticism at the Jets for these 2 hires.

And how do these guys know so much anyway? Does anyone think or believe that Mike Fat is familiar with the inner workings of the Seattle Seahawks front office? Really? Come on, no way, just him spouting off Jet hatred as he always does, nothing more, nothing less.

Admittedly, I know nothing about John Idzik other than the obvious; the Seahawks roster is light years ahead of ours, and the Seahawks could possibly play in a Super Bowl as early as next season. They are stocked with Championship caliber players up and down, and have a kick ass defense, and a good offense that was 1 or 2 players away this season. Did that happen by accident? Hardly, I would believe so how about us as fans giving Mr. Idzik a chance? It is, after all, the new beginning we all craved. As far as the Mohrninweg hire, game planning and design was not the Eagles problem last season, Vick and Foles just could not stop Sanchez'ing.
    As nobody knows better than us, turn the football over and you lose. Period.

Proof positive that no matter what this organization does, the media, especially Franchesca, will have nothing but negative things to say.

I for one like what I hear about Idzik, he seems to be a well rounded football/financial man, not only from outside the existing organization, but from across the darned Country!Just what we needed actually, a fresh start, new blood and hopefully, new philosophy.. Oh, and they will bring in a staff of football personnel to help him. So let's let the man go to work, see what happens, and keep the Jet faith....
    Last edited by ASH_1962; 01-18-2013 at 08:11 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say lets sit back and watch.

3 yrs from now, how much better are we than today.

i doubt we will be playing in the Meadowlands Super Bowl though

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    T

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    T
    A

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    A
    ===============================================

That's the spirit!

S

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ===============================================

That's the spirit!

S
    M

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post

I felt this exact same way going into 2009 and we almost made the superbowl!

Its like... when your hopes are up, they build you up and then drop you. 3 times a season if they can get you.

But when you expect that they will suck, they surprise you... but still punch you in the nuts. lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post

Its like... when your hopes are up, they build you up and then drop you. 3 times a season if they can get you.

But when you expect that they will suck, they surprise you... but still punch you in the nuts. lol.
    Why did yuo think the jets were going to suck in 2009, they won 9 games the year before and just signed Scott and leonard, And Drafted Sanchez and Greene. If you thought they were going to suck in 2009, you must be suicidal this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post

LMAO...

So true!

And they ALWAYS lure you back into caring for that final nut punch of the season.
    HAHAHA

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    F-ing media have an agenda to rip everything the Jets do. Fck them. They can suck my dck
    I can't see how any one can hate either of these two guys. No one knows The GM from a hole in the wall, and Moningwheg while he sucked as a HC, should at the very least be an improvement over Sparano.

None of the GMs from the playoff teams were available. What did they expect?
    I am surprised that the jets did not hire a strictly personnel guy though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post
    I say lets sit back and watch.

3 yrs from now, how much better are we than today.

Stewie Griffin speaks the truth.

Like the draft, making judgements the day after it occurs is folly.

We (the Fans) will know hog good/bad Izz is in ~3 years from today.

We can certainly judge/evaluate the moves he makes now, as he makes them, but his overall team building needs time. Rational fans will give him that time before the boo bird fire fiend come out to play.

Can't say I'm instantly a fan of the Morning Whig choice.....but again, I can't judge how he'll do here tonight. Give me till week 2 at least

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    And how do these guys know so much anyway? Does anyone think or believe that Mike Fat is familiar with the inner workings of the Seattle Seahawks front office?
    After hiring Coach Carroll, Paul Allen hired John Schneider as the GM with the understanding that they are going to be making personnel decisions as a 3 man committee of Carroll, Schneider and Idzik. The 3 have been working together since and all having equal input on trades, signings, picks etc. The philosophy that a team effort in decision making is better has worked to perfection.

I am hoping that in NY Woody will have them take the same approach.

Of course, Idzik would determine if a deal can work under the cap, but he had his fair share of input on personnel.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    F the media, that is why they write about sports instead of play/coach...

They are a bunch of wanna-bees...

I can't wait for the day the Jets win the SB so we can jam it back up their *ss

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Picking on the Jets is like rich people making fun of poor people. The way the Jets are treated by the media, You would think that they started a bounty system to end players careers or had their star QB allegedly rape two women or that they videotaped other teams signals and cheated to win games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    After hiring Coach Carroll, Paul Allen hired John Schneider as the GM with the understanding that they are going to be making personnel decisions as a 3 man committee of Carroll, Schneider and Idzik. The 3 have been working together since and all having equal input on trades, signings, picks etc. The philosophy that a team effort in decision making is better has worked to perfection.

I am hoping that in NY Woody will have them take the same approach.

Of course, Idzik would determine if a deal can work under the cap, but he had his fair share of input on personnel.
    Where did you get that he had equal responsibilities? The #1 personnel man in Seattle is Scot McCloughan who is one of the best in the business. He is the guy that drafted for the 49ers from 2005 to 2010, and look at the job he has done since then with the seahawks. Idzik was a businesss guy with the seahawks who did some personnel evaluation. I am not saying he can or can't do the job, but to think that he has more input than McCloughan is nuts.

This is from the Seattle Seahawks press release.

Idzik spent the past six seasons as part of the Seahawks staff as the Vice President of Football Administration. His primary duties included player negotiations, the teamís compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patman vs Jetman ! Epic!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Where did you get that he had equal responsibilities? The #1 personnel man in Seattle is Scot McCloughan who is one of the best in the business. He is the guy that drafted for the 49ers from 2005 to 2010, and look at the job he has done since then with the seahawks. Idzik was a businesss guy with the seahawks who did some personnel evaluation. I am not saying he can or can't do the job, but to think that he has more input than McCloughan is nuts.

Idzik spent the past six seasons as part of the Seahawks staff as the Vice President of Football Administration. His primary duties included player negotiations, the team’s compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations.
    Guarantee you he can evaluate talent better than Tannenbum AND Bellicheat.
    Enjoy the last day of Pasts* season sunday!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Idzik spent the past six seasons as part of the Seahawks staff as the Vice President of Football Administration. His primary duties included player negotiations, the teamís compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations.
    Inside Information is generally pretty much accurate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Guarantee you he can evaluate talent better than Tannenbum AND Bellicheat.
    Enjoy the last day of Pasts* season sunday!
    Do you have something to contribute to the thread?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Inside Information is generally pretty much accurate.
    What does that mean? I cut and pasted the posted the seahawks press release which listed player evaluation 7th on the list of his responsibilities.