Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: rex & 2013 ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol this is obvious news and the point is?
    ..as far as those agents...and how greedy they are

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    ..as far as those agents...and how greedy they are
    Indeed the truth.. But it's all about " leverage" and big Mo is going to have a ton.. But comes a point where agent/player plays hard ball/greedy and waits it out- revis, brees, ect.. I think mangold/dbrick signings went fairly well without much pull and tug from either side.. Hopefully Mo will be same..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Indeed the truth.. But it's all about " leverage" and big Mo is going to have a ton.. But comes a point where agent/player plays hard ball/greedy and waits it out- revis, brees, ect.. I think mangold/dbrick signings went fairly well without much pull and tug from either side.. Hopefully Mo will be same..
    i hope so as well...i'm keeping my fingers crossed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pros and Cons of a Jets playoff run

With the New York Jets sitting with a 5-4 record in the bye-week and, for the moment, the number six seed position in the AFC, a lot of Jets fans are talking playoffs. So lets break down some pros and cons of a scenario where the Jets did get into the playoffs.

Pros: There are two real pros that I see here:

A: This would be great for the fans, and we have seen before what Rex Ryan can do with a wild card playoff berth and a rookie quarterback. This team clearly is growing together and there is an air of confidence and defiance in the locker room that could serve them well in the playoffs.

B: If the Jets get into the playoffs Rex Ryanís job would most likely be secured for at least a couple of more years. Although some Jets fan might be tired of his antics, I believe he has evolved as a coach, learned from his mistakes, and has always been able to get lesser players to over perform, as evidenced by this season so far.

Cons: There unfortunately is one major con to the Jets making the playoffs this season, draft position. For those who donít know the teams that go to the playoffs get one of the last 12 picks in the first round. The better a team does in the playoffs the further down the draft pick is, this is why the Super Bowl champion gets the last pick. If the Jets make the playoffs they will knock themselves down in the draft order and behind teams with less needs. This normally isnít a huge issue for any team; however, the Jets are in a rebuilding mode with Idzik in a position to really start building the Jets team of the future next year once salary cap issues clear up. The draft is an integral part of building a young talented team, and if this is compromised to any extent Idzik will be forced to more heavily rely on the free agent market.

> http://thejetpress.com/2013/11/08/pr...s-playoff-run/