Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Marty Mornhinweg Bio From Eagles Media Guide

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Marty Mornhinweg Bio From Eagles Media Guide

This is very impressive. I thought that I would post the link here.Click for full bio. You forget how successful Marty Mornhinweg has been as an OC in the NFL. I too have fallen victim to the negative stigma and perception attached to Mornhinweg. On paper, This actually looks like a very good hire and a fit based on what Rex Ryan is looking for in generating big plays on offense. If you have a few minutes, Read the bio. Some of the more impressive info about Mornhinweg as a coordinator in Philly and San Fran. I didn't realize how many records his offenses broke. Biggest key stat,Since 2006, Eagles offense has led the league in pass plays over 25 yards(219). He won assistant of the year in 2008.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...b-7dea52615e64

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    This is very impressive. I thought that I would post the link here. You forget how successful Marty Mornhinweg has been as an OC in the NFL. I too have fallen victim to the negative stigma and perception attached to Mornhinweg. On paper, This actually looks like a very good hire and a fit based on what Rex Ryan is looking for in generating big plays on offense. If you have a few minutes, Read the bio. Some of the more impressive info about Mornhinweg as a coordinator in Philly and San Fran. I didn't realize how many records his offenses broke. Biggest key stat,Since 2006, Eagles offense has led the league in pass plays over 25 yards(219).

+1 ive posted this link many times today have to agree i was pleasantly surprised and impressed by his bio..on paper..a good hire..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was just hired today.....really thought a new thread was necessary to post this, instead of just putting it in the thread discussing his hiring?

Regardless, this was (appropriately) posted within the Mornhinweg hired thread, eons ago....

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    He was just hired today.....really thought a new thread was necessary to post this, instead of just putting it in the thread discussing his hiring?

Regardless, this was (appropriately) posted within the Mornhinweg hired thread, eons ago....
    Eons ago.lol I just got home an hour ago.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does the time you got home, have to do with how long ago someone else posted information in a thread?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does the time you got home, have to do with how long ago someone else posted information in a thread?
    You didn't have to open the thread. Easy as that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If reading the thread was my issue, you'd be accurate......I'm pointing out something that is often an issue on messages boards which is people starting unnecessary threads that clog up the front page and push worthwhile threads off the top page.

We have a thread about the signing of Mornhinweg.....we don't need a new thread created every time someone finds something as simplistic as his bio on a website.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If reading the thread was my issue, you'd be accurate......I'm pointing out something that is often an issue on messages boards which is people starting unnecessary threads that clog up the front page and push worthwhile threads off the top page.

We have a thread about the signing of Mornhinweg.....we don't need a new thread created every time someone finds something as simplistic as his bio on a website.
    Ok sorry. I just wanted someone to see that bio. I didn't realize that it was already posted. My mistake.
    Last edited by LeonM; 01-19-2013 at 07:37 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a message board. 5% of the threads are worthwhile. If the thread was worthwhile, it'd still be up there. I think you are missing the real problems on message boards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like

I, for one, appreciate the thread. It has a clear title and is straight to the point. I'm sure the link is buried in other threads....who cares.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    This is very impressive. I thought that I would post the link here.Click for full bio. You forget how successful Marty Mornhinweg has been as an OC in the NFL. I too have fallen victim to the negative stigma and perception attached to Mornhinweg. On paper, This actually looks like a very good hire and a fit based on what Rex Ryan is looking for in generating big plays on offense. If you have a few minutes, Read the bio. Some of the more impressive info about Mornhinweg as a coordinator in Philly and San Fran. I didn't realize how many records his offenses broke. Biggest key stat,Since 2006, Eagles offense has led the league in pass plays over 25 yards(219). He won assistant of the year in 2008.

Vick to Desean Jackson. It seemed like every game they'd open with a big pass attempt down the field.

Marty may be good but does he have the "groceries" to cook up a high powered pass attack here. If....and it's a big IF Holmes is back 100%, Hill returns and starts to approach his potential (size/speed...gotta improve hands) and Kerley shows he's a sneaky slot/3rd WR option then maybe we have a chance....but only if someone can get them the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you a mod? No? Then STFU.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrad01 View Post
    +1
    +2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

+3.....

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Vick to Desean Jackson. It seemed like every game they'd open with a big pass attempt down the field.

Marty may be good but does he have the "groceries" to cook up a high powered pass attack here. If....and it's a big IF Holmes is back 100%, Hill returns and starts to approach his potential (size/speed...gotta improve hands) and Kerley shows he's a sneaky slot/3rd WR option then maybe we have a chance....but only if someone can get them the ball.
    I agree.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP, I missed this bio, so thanks for posting:

Holy sh!t, this guy looks fantastic:

*As OC/assistant HC, he was awarded assistant HC of the year.

*Five of his QB's earned Pro Bowl honors.

*His offenses shattered nunerous rushing/passing records.

*He's a former 4 year college QB and shattered Montana passing records.

Anyone who is not jazzed about signing this guy is nuts. He finally might be the guy who can run the offense thus enabling Rex to be Rex on defense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

STFU, we already have plenty of sucky mods, we don't need another.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

+1
    Appreciate the thread, probably wouldn't have seen it anywhere else

Anyway, we'll be seeing a totally different offense than what we've been used to the past few years. I for one am excited about Marty Mornhinweg becoming OC
    Last edited by bgivs21; 01-19-2013 at 12:30 PM.