Thread: RIP Prop Joe

Veteran
    The Wire...great show...watching it on HBO GO...into the 3rd season now...surprised I don't see the actors in anything else, unless I missed it..

RIP Prop Joe...he didn't look in great health on the series either...

Jets Insider VIP
    "My names Proposition Joe. If you steal from me, I'll kill your whole family."

LMAO

Great character with classic, classic scenes. I forget the exact context but there is one episode where I think he keeps calling the cops for some reason and using different voices. Priceless.

RIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    The Wire...great show...watching it on HBO GO...into the 3rd season now...surprised I don't see the actors in anything else, unless I missed it..

If you do a little digging, you can see the actors in other places.

Cutty was in Its Always Sunny for a while, Omar is in Boardwalk Empire, Gone Baby Gone, and some other cop/ganster stuff. Stringer and McNutty(as Bubs would say) are Brittish and are in a decent amount of BBC stuff.

I dont think I have seen Avon in anything since the Wire, although he was in that crappy Roc a Fella records movie, Paid in Full I think.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    If you do a little digging, you can see the actors in other places.

Cutty was in Its Always Sunny for a while, Omar is in Boardwalk Empire, Gone Baby Gone, and some other cop/ganster stuff. Stringer and McNutty(as Bubs would say) are Brittish and are in a decent amount of BBC stuff.

I dont think I have seen Avon in anything since the Wire, although he was in that crappy Roc a Fella records movie, Paid in Full I think.
    Also, Freamon and Bunk are the stars of Treme.

Dep. Commish Rawls was Rodrigo Borgia in The Borgias.

Lt. Daniels is in Fringe.

Lots of great shows listed.
    Last edited by Lone Star Lady; 01-19-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: forgot a few people

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    Also, Freamon and Bunk are the stars of Treme.

Dep. Commish Rawls was Rodrigo Borgia in The Borgias.

Lt. Daniels is in Fringe.

Lots of great shows listed.

Yup, Cutty is on Walking Dead now also. Herc is on Breakout Kings.

such a great show, with great characters.

RIP, Prop Joe.

Am I supposed to care?

Pour some out for ya, Prop Joe!! That phone scene was classic, like shell toes. David Simon said he added that scene just for kicks because he knew that Prop Joe, Robert Chew, would tear it up and he did.

Stringer Bell stars in the BBC show Luther. Check out season 1 in particular, fantastic. And McNulty is the star of a BBC show The Hour, a period piece about the creation of the BBC network.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post

I loved Prop Joe and especially what "the tall man" did for him in the finale.

The actors are everywhere.

To add to the others, Frankie Faison (Burrell) is now on the new Cinemax show "Banshee".

Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar) is on Boardwalk Empire.

Domenic West (McNulty) in The Hour.

Bubbles is everywhere.

Kima is in Burn Notice.

Carter was in an episode of Homeland this past season. Anyway, if you look closely, you'll find them everywhere.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Am I supposed to care?
    Great memorable character from a great show, sooo yeah...but if you haven't seen the show then no I guess...

Jets Insider VIP
    RIP

Currently reading "Homicide" by David Simon the creator of The Wire. He spent a year with Baltimore Homicide detectives and follows them everywhere explaining how they worked while analyzing the evolution of Baltimore (city, politics, police force..)

If you liked The Wire it’s definitely worth the read. Great 'in the trenches' journalism, rough on the edges with really colorful characters.

Woody I got a proposition for ya... sell the team and go away.