Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon is my new favorite Jet

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Not to mention how many of those incompletions were caused by Receivers running the wrong routes, not coming back for balls, dropping balls. YAC, you want YAC I was happy when they actually just caught the ball this year.
    agreed well said

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    agreed well said
    LOL... I didn't think there were any Sanchez apologists left! Guess I was wrong.

Veteran
    I always felt Braylon was an attitude adjustment away from being a great receiver. He may be getting to old for a good attitude to matter. I really like the dude. He is my daughters favorite.

As a person I never had anything against Edwards as a player he was a crappy JET sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    As a person I never had anything against Edwards as a player he was a crappy JET sorry.
    Very, very false. He was as good a WR as they've had since Sanchez took the helm. He still has plenty in the tank and he does things very well (besides catching td's) like knocking the piss out of defenders with his blocking and he fights for the ball like the third pick in the draft was supposed to do.

He compensates for Sanchez' poor throws. He goes up and gets the ball. He beats defenders with double moves and often is wide open streaking down field even when the QB panics and doesn't see it.

I want him back. I'm not a fan of any player that is a locker room dick. He has that reputation but I haven't seen it. Flame away if you want but you would be wrong. Bring him back and let him be a cog in the offensive machine. Plus, and this is no small factor, he WANTS very much to be here. That is more than can be said for half the roster.
    Last edited by Rolling Thunder; 01-19-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Very, very false. He was as good a WR as they've had since Sanchez took the helm. He still has plenty in the tank and he does things very well (besides catching td's) like knocking the piss out of defenders with his blocking and he fights for the ball like the third pick in the draft was supposed to do.

He compensates for Sanchez' poor throws. He goes up and gets the ball. He beats defenders with double moves and often is wide open streaking down field even when the QB panics and doesn't see it.

I want him back. I'm not a fan of any player that is a locker room dick. He has that reputation but I haven't seen it. Flame away if you want but you would be wrong. Bring him back and let him be a cog in the offensive machine. Plus, and this is no small factor, he WANTS very much to be here. That is more than can be said for half the roster.
    I just disagree. In the 2 years he was here I never once thought he gave it his all. He was a dog as a player and didn't make the O look any better. BE fans can spin it any way they want but he flat out didn't do a good job here. period. Very good in the last 2 min well below average the rest of the game.

Ignore him, he is going around posting nonsense in every thread. Looks to be trolling.

Braylon always played balls out for us, that's what I loved about him. The drops were never an issue of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Braylon always played balls out for us, that's what I loved about him. The drops were never an issue of effort.
    I am not a troll just a jets fan that didn't think much of BEs on field play. As for the drops he didn't do that a lot here. Your thinking in Cleveland. Where he actually tried to make plays out side of the last 2 min. He just flat out sucked when he came here.

All Pro
    He just flat out sucked when he came here.
    You really should get checked out by a doctor, sounds like you have a serious delusional disorder, or maybe you're just ignorant.
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 01-20-2013 at 03:38 AM.

He' s Sanchez favorite Wr & they had instant chemistry. your absolutely right he compliments him well.

He made some great catches for us, was a beast blocker and other than his DIE which many prominent many have done was a good citizen.

One of our favorite moments is Braylon slapping up Lebron's friend...too bad he didn't beat the tar out of arrogant idiot who embarassed his own hometown!

I am not a troll just a jets fan that didn't think much of BEs on field play. As for the drops he didn't do that a lot here. Your thinking in Cleveland. Where he actually tried to make plays out side of the last 2 min. He just flat out sucked when he came here.
    I've never seen you post before, but last night it seemed like all of your posts were purposely "against the grain", so to speak. No biggy.

Braylon struggled a little with drops his first year here, I guess you missed that. Other than the drops, I can't see how any jet fan wouldn't appreciate what Braylon did on the field for us. He was the best blocking WR I can remember seeing in a jets uniform, and he never showed frustration with Mark's bad play (unlike Holmes and Plax), he always just hustled back to the huddle. I lived that about him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I've never seen you post before, but last night it seemed like all of your posts were purposely "against the grain", so to speak. No biggy.

Braylon struggled a little with drops his first year here, I guess you missed that. Other than the drops, I can't see how any jet fan wouldn't appreciate what Braylon did on the field for us. He was the best blocking WR I can remember seeing in a jets uniform, and he never showed frustration with Mark's bad play (unlike Holmes and Plax), he always just hustled back to the huddle. I lived that about him.
    Braylon played a total of 28 games for the Jets and had in the regular season 12 total tds and some fine playoff games as well.. J-Co that everyone loved had a total of 19 in 7 years.. I just don't see the hate some have for Edwards??

LOL... I didn't think there were any Sanchez apologists left! Guess I was wrong.
    Not so much a Sanchez apologist but rather an Rex offense realist.

Can you honestly believe any QB could have produced decent numbers in the Rex offensive philosophy of G&P.

On top of that throw in the uber talented skill position players like Shonn I'll run into the first guy I see Greene, Powell, McKnight, Stephen stone hands Hill ( who I think will get better), Chaz tough as Charmin Schilens, Clyde Gates, Mardy Gras Hilyard a banged up Braylon, Holmes and Keller basically hurt all year.

Sure you'll spout well Brady or Peyton could do it , again but not with these ragtags and not with the mantra of G&P.

Bash Sanchez all you want , he played miserably is 2012 , but to even consider it may not have been alll his fault is beyond the Sanchez haters

And if you want o say well he did terrible in 2011 and had a better cast around him, again same G&P mentality. But you want a shocker look at Sanchez's stats from 2011 and Eli Mannings from 2012 they are very comparable. Yet didn't hear boatloads of people bashing Eli like they do with Sanchez.

If you step away from your pure hate of the player and look at the circumstances you might see why some "so called apologists" feel the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Braylon played a total of 28 games for the Jets and had in the regular season 12 total tds and some fine playoff games as well.. J-Co that everyone loved had a total of 19 in 7 years.. I just don't see the hate some have for Edwards??
    Braylon was the best physically talented WR we've had since Al Toon w/o a doubt. He loves Sanchez and I love that he fights for his man.

Excellent point he was loyal to Mark thru and thru. He is a stud and we def need him back. I'm hopeful we get rid of Greene and get a new OL at least 2 new players to help Sanchez.

Hope Braylon Edwards comes back next year for us. Such a stupid mistake not signing him last off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Braylon was the best physically talented WR we've had since Al Toon w/o a doubt. He loves Sanchez and I love that he fights for his man.
    God forbid one player in lockerroom actually sticks up for his qb instead of tonguing Tebow's cornhole.