Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 143

Thread: Braylon is my new favorite Jet

  1. #81
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He was good enough to get us to 2 AFC title games and i don't want to hear that he did nothing and it was all the defense and running game.
    No doubt he played better in the playoffs then the regular season..

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He was good enough to get us to 2 AFC title games and i don't want to hear that he did nothing and it was all the defense and running game.
    He sucks. He sucked then and he sucks worse now. He showed some flashes in his first two years here and we all got excited. The reality is that Kirk Cousins and Matt Flynn have shown more in their one game of Pro experience then Sahchez did in 60 games. Glen Foley was a better pro as well. Whats wors is that Sanchez is clearly a head case. In that game against Tennessee he literally was so obviously mentally beaten that it almost seemed he was begging Rex to sack up and pull him from the game. He is and will forever be know as the buttfumbler.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He was good enough to get us to 2 AFC title games and i don't want to hear that he did nothing and it was all the defense and running game.
    Sanchez was awful last year but he absolutely was set up for failure by this organization. First was the moronic Tebow trade creating media circus and qb controversy, then it was not getting any weapons at the skill positions and doing nothing to upgrade the OL. Tone and Revis getting hurt and Keller being MIA almost the entire season was the icing on the cake.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    The reality is that Kirk Cousins and Matt Flynn have shown more in their one game of Pro experience then Sahchez did in 60 games. Glen Foley was a better pro as well.
    Welcome to the world of deluded JI posters. Matt Cassell and AJ Feeley are available this off-season maybe we can sign one of them to upgrade at QB while Tim Tebow waits 2-3 years to learn how to effectively play QB in the NFL?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sanchez was awful last year but he absolutely was set up for failure by this organization. First was the moronic Tebow trade creating media circus and qb controversy, then it was not getting any weapons at the skill positions and doing nothing to upgrade the OL. Tone and Revis getting hurt and Keller being MIA almost the entire season was the icing on the cake.
    Exactly he was set up for failure w/Tebow, rotating Wrs, crappy Wrs this year etc. Overated offensive line

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Welcome to the world of deluded JI posters. Matt Cassell and AJ Feeley are available this off-season maybe we can sign one of them to upgrade at QB while Tim Tebow waits 2-3 years to learn how to effectively play QB in the NFL?
    No thanks. I'm not sure how coming to accept the fact that buttfumbler sucks and will never be a quality Pro QB makes me deluded. I have no interest in Tebow as a starting QB either as he is just a poor mans version of Wilson/Kapernick/RG3 but without the speed or arm.

    If I were running the franchise this offseason I would trade a 4th for Flynn and draft a QB like Naseem in the 2nd/3rd round. Let them compete for the job. I would make that scenario work by trading Cro for a 2nd rounder. Cro's departure adds 8Million in cap room which would cover Flynn's salary and then some.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Exactly he was set up for failure w/Tebow, rotating Wrs, crappy Wrs this year etc. Overated offensive line
    I guess you people forgot that Sanchez was terrible for the last 12 games of the 2011 season as well. That was sans Tebow.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I guess you people forgot that Sanchez was terrible for the last 12 games of the 2011 season as well. That was sans Tebow.
    Look at Sanchez's stats from 2011 look at Eli Manning's stats from 2012 . Then answer the question - Was Eli Manning terrible this year ??

    Compare the respective offensive talent and Olines of those two teams, compare the offensive philosophies of those two teams and then tell me was Sanchez really terrible last year or was he saddled with subpar offensive weapons and an antiquated offenisive approach.

  9. #89
    Did I mention Braylon is my favorite Jet?







    Seriously, whether it was Mark just regressing back to a potato or not, the fact is that he LOOKED like a real NFL QB the first 2 seasons(and part of the 2011 one).

  10. #90
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    As a person I never had anything against Edwards as a player he was a crappy JET sorry.


    Do we watch the same games?

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post


    Do we watch the same games?

    Is this a trick question?

  12. #92
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I am not a troll just a jets fan that didn't think much of BEs on field play. As for the drops he didn't do that a lot here. Your thinking in Cleveland. Where he actually tried to make plays out side of the last 2 min. He just flat out sucked when he came here.
    I'm sure you were drooling over Schillens and Gates this year.

    Sucked? Was it a just a coincidence that the two times we went to the AFCCG since 1998, Braylon Edwards was a starting WR?

    Here's what I think. I think you DO hate him as a person contrary to what you said earlier. That's the only explanation for such ignorance.

  13. #93
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,279
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    You really should get checked out by a doctor, sounds like you have a serious delusional disorder, or maybe you're just ignorant.
    That's another way of putting it. +1

  14. #94
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,279
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    God forbid one player in lockerroom actually sticks up for his qb instead of tonguing Tebow's cornhole.
    I could have gone another 40 years without reading that and the image it evoked.

  15. #95
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I think it is you embarrassing yourself. There is 0 proof BE was a good JET. For 2 years I have been asking for it and not one person has any real evidence. I have 2 years of crappy game film to prove my point. He was average at best. Never proved to be anything better then a #3 when he was here. That is why on one is even willing to give him more then 1 mil. The league didn't think much of his time here I seriously find it concerning that a few fans do.
    No. You're realy embarrassing yourself. You have game film? LOL.

    Who has had more than 900 yards receiving since 2010? I'll wait.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I guess you people forgot that Sanchez was terrible for the last 12 games of the 2011 season as well. That was sans Tebow.
    Sanchez without Edwards, and Cotch had a hand in 32 TD's last year, and led the NUMBER 1 RED ZONE OFFENSE. What happened this year can be attributed to many reasons including Sanchez himself. Even when things were falling apart he was putting up decent numbers.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm sure you were drooling over Schillens and Gates this year.

    Sucked? Was it a just a coincidence that the two times we went to the AFCCG since 1998, Braylon Edwards was a starting WR?

    Here's what I think. I think you DO hate him as a person contrary to what you said earlier. That's the only explanation for such ignorance.
    Replacing a ****ty WR with a ****ty WR doesn't make the old ****ty WR better. We also had a lot of other players those years. Gholston was on both those teams too maybe he is the missing link. please. This is insane. Edwards was not a good player for the JETS. He never had over 1k yards and dogged out plays all the time. Watching him made me angry every game. No I don't hate him I don't wish harm on him. I just don't want him on my team. I wish him well ANYWHERE ELSE. We try it and it didn't work time to move on. His 09 season was flat out bad and 2010 not much better. I had high hopes when he came here. He did nothing but disappoint. He is anther mark on the JETS taking other teams bad talent and wasting draft picks doing it.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Edwards was not a good player for the JETS.
    Yes he was.

    Shut up.


    He never had over 1k yards and dogged out plays all the time.
    He would've if he didn't share the load with ME-Tonio Holmes who is the king of "dogged out plays".


    Watching him made me angry every game.
    Reading your posts evoke the same feelings in about 99% of all JI members about you.


    No I don't hate him I don't wish harm on him. I just don't want him on my team. I wish him well ANYWHERE ELSE.
    Yeah well....the MAJORITY(you know what word means, right?) here want him back so you're just screaming into a vacuum of nothingness here.

    We try it and it didn't work time to move on. His 09 season was flat out bad and 2010 not much better.
    You just said that watching him made you angry. So because he made you angry, that means "it didn't work"?

    Sorry but the Jets don't pander to your delusions.

    And you're blind if you didn't see how effective and crucial BE was from the moment he arrived in '09 and through '10.

    Tanny's refusal to re-sign him remains the 2nd biggest fuk-up next to Sanchez's extension.

    I had high hopes when he came here. He did nothing but disappoint.
    You had ZERO expectations when he came here. Don't act like you were Gung-ho about this from the start.

    He is anther mark on the JETS taking other teams bad talent and wasting draft picks doing it.
    No. He's another mark on the JETS Front-office not doing their due dilligence in keeping a very important duo for Butt-chez to throw to.

    Who knows where the Jets would be had he been re-signed. Maybe in 2011, the Jets make the playoffs again and make another run? We'll never really know.

  19. #99
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Replacing a ****ty WR with a ****ty WR doesn't make the old ****ty WR better. We also had a lot of other players those years. Gholston was on both those teams too maybe he is the missing link. please. This is insane. Edwards was not a good player for the JETS. He never had over 1k yards and dogged out plays all the time. Watching him made me angry every game. No I don't hate him I don't wish harm on him. I just don't want him on my team. I wish him well ANYWHERE ELSE. We try it and it didn't work time to move on. His 09 season was flat out bad and 2010 not much better. I had high hopes when he came here. He did nothing but disappoint. He is anther mark on the JETS taking other teams bad talent and wasting draft picks doing it.
    Gholston wasn't a starter. He wasn't even in the rotation. He hardly ever saw the field.

    If you're going to make an analogy, use a relevant one.

    BTW, his 2010 season was better than anyone in the last 2 years without him.

  20. #100
    Just found this :


    Lmao. A bills fan just tried to hit our bus with a snow ball but instead he slipped and bust his ass and his beef spilled on him.
    — Braylon Edwards (@OfficialBraylon) December 30, 2012

    #goddoesntlikeugly
    — Braylon Edwards (@OfficialBraylon) December 30, 2012


    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...wing-bills-fan
    I didn't know Dreamers lived in Buffalo...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us