Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon is my new favorite Jet

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I just disagree. In the 2 years he was here I never once thought he gave it his all. He was a dog as a player and didn't make the O look any better. BE fans can spin it any way they want but he flat out didn't do a good job here. period. Very good in the last 2 min well below average the rest of the game.
    I guess the 2 AFCG appearances and our offense looking its best since 1998 with BE is spin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I guess the 2 AFCG appearances and our offense looking its best since 1998 with BE is spin.
    WHAT!!! LOLOLOL You are way off on that one. Even with Farve our O never broke the top 16. We had some good years under Chad and Martin even under Vinny. Biggest difference under Mark is our D has averaged more points. The crap O we put up in 2009 and 2010 was not good at all. We averaged more points in 2011 with out BE. So the stats don't support that trash at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHAT!!! LOLOLOL You are way off on that one. Even with Farve our O never broke the top 16. We had some good years under Chad and Martin even under Vinny. Biggest difference under Mark is our D has averaged more points. The crap O we put up in 2009 and 2010 was not good at all. We averaged more points in 2011 with out BE. So the stats don't support that trash at all.
    The crap O that got us into the playoffs both years 2009 & 2010 and almost to a Super Bowl both times with BE. So Plax 2011 > BE on the Jets? Ok. I will never get the Braylon Edwards-hate movement on this site. Such a silly idea by you people to dismiss him last off-season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously don't know where some of you BE supporter get this crap. With him our passing game sucked. With out him it sucked just as much. I have watch all his games and he was no where near the best WR we had over the last 10 years. Dude was a flat out dog. Yeah he had talent and was likeable but that is about it. Didn't bring anything more then guys like Plax, Holmes or Justin McCareins IMO. Move on and find a WR that may actually help the team win. BE did nothing nothing at all special for this team. period He is the Shon Greene of JETS WRs for the love of god.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't bring anything more then guys like Plax, Holmes or Justin McCareins IMO.
    Ok Stop. You are embarassing yourself now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    D'Brick didn't allow a sack until week 17. Amazing stat when you consider how bad Sanchez and the WRs were. Lots coverage/QB cant pull the trigger sacks this year.
    Brick is still not a top 10

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Stop. You are embarassing yourself now.
    I think it is you embarrassing yourself. There is 0 proof BE was a good JET. For 2 years I have been asking for it and not one person has any real evidence. I have 2 years of crappy game film to prove my point. He was average at best. Never proved to be anything better then a #3 when he was here. That is why on one is even willing to give him more then 1 mil. The league didn't think much of his time here I seriously find it concerning that a few fans do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    As a pass protector he is. Without question.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I don't think you can question the fact he is a top OT. Not a HOF LT OK but he is better then average. He is a pro bowl OT that is in the prime of his career. Well worth what he is getting paid IMO. $15.36 is the tag on LT this year so I am OK with him making 10-11 mil.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Braylon Edwards comes back next year for us. Such a stupid mistake not signing him last off-season.
    One of the worst moves we made outside of resigning cancer Metonio

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    One of the worst moves we made outside of resigning cancer Metonio
    Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates, Pat Turner and Teabag didn't do it for ya?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates, Pat Turner and Teabag didn't do it for ya?
    worst Wr corps in the NFL and ppl say Sanchez was bad well he didn't have any help!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously don't know where some of you BE supporter get this crap. With him our passing game sucked. With out him it sucked just as much. I have watch all his games and he was no where near the best WR we had over the last 10 years. Dude was a flat out dog. Yeah he had talent and was likeable but that is about it. Didn't bring anything more then guys like Plax, Holmes or Justin McCareins IMO. Move on and find a WR that may actually help the team win. BE did nothing nothing at all special for this team. period He is the Shon Greene of JETS WRs for the love of god.
    YOU'RE DELUSIONAL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sound a lot like another poster who's handle started with a 'D'. Let's look at some actual data.

In Edwards' first stint with the Jets he had 12 TDs in 28 games and 1,445 yards.

J-Mac had 4 full seasons with the Jets (64 games) during which he scored a grand total of 7 TDs and about 2,050 yards.

On top of that, J-Mac was a dropped-pass machine. Braylon, after having that rep in Cleveland, was surprisingly sure-handed. Still want to go with that comparison?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    Totally agree. I ran into him with my nephews at a sport store in Manhattan on Christmas Eve. He was buying a Yankees cap and was really nice. Man he is tall - at least the 6'3" they list him at.

Braylon's a Yankee fan??? Even dumber than I thought- maybe I'd respect him a little bit more if it was the Mets.

I'm sick of waiting for the Jets to release Tebum already so I don't have to defend Sanchez anymore.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    You sound a lot like another poster who's handle started with a 'D'. Let's look at some actual data.

In Edwards' first stint with the Jets he had 12 TDs in 28 games and 1,445 yards.

J-Mac had 4 full seasons with the Jets (64 games) during which he scored a grand total of 7 TDs and about 2,050 yards.

On top of that, J-Mac was a dropped-pass machine. Braylon, after having that rep in Cleveland, was surprisingly sure-handed. Still want to go with that comparison?
    Braylon was a stud for us and i want him back and his jersey. The old one tho not the new ones they are ugly wouldn't buy them at 50% at last game!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Braylon's a Yankee fan??? Even dumber than I thought- maybe I'd respect him a little bit more if it was the Mets.

I'm sick of waiting for the Jets to release Tebum already so I don't have to defend Sanchez anymore.
    Oh shut up!

You've long since established your "hate" for Braylon just because he was a Wolverine.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I just discovered the "ignore" feature here on JI. I used it for the 1st and 2nd time two posters in this thread who I consider to be trolls. My suggestion is rather that responding to these guys, try the ignore feature instead.

With that being said, almost everyone in this thread wants Edwards back. Add me to that list as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    worst Wr corps in the NFL and ppl say Sanchez was bad well he didn't have any help!!!
    Sanchez sucks straight up. It is impossible to judge a receiving corps when the worst QB in the NFL is throwing them passes.

I'll go further. Sanchez has sucked since his first start (which IMO was his best game ever). I can look back on his career and point to 6-7 games in total where he played well. That's it. He had a few flashes in some other games but as far as complete games the number is in single digits at best. I was a Sanchez supporter through last season but that was because I figured Schitty was part of the problem. This season sealed it. That game versus Tennessee was horrific. The butt fumble was an embarrassment that will live in the annals of Jets incompetence lore alongside the fake spike and countless draft day gaffes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...2/mark-sanchez

I just went through his record. In 4 seasons he has 9 games with a passer rating over 100. Of those 9, seven were games in which he threw for under 200 yards. Most were against lollipop opponents.

The shocking thing is that he has been given the opportunity to start year after year. He has been garbage since day one and has gotten worse each year. We as fans wanted to give the guy a chance and hope he would mature but based on what other rookie QB's are doing nowadays the era of 4-5 years of learning the position is over.

Oh and back to the topic, Braylon has been a solid player as a Jet. Guy works hard, blocks well and in general has been a good player for us. I would definitely bring him back next season.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 01-21-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Sanchez sucks straight up. It is impossible to judge a receiving corps when the worst QB in the NFL is throwing them passes.

I'll go further. Sanchez has sucked since his first start (which IMO was his best game ever). I can look back on his career and point to 6-7 games in total where he played well. That's it. He had a few flashes in some other games but as far as complete games the number is in single digits at best. I was a Sanchez supporter through last season but that was because I figured Schitty was part of the problem. This season sealed it. That game versus Tennessee was horrific. The butt fumble was an embarrassment that will live in the annals of Jets incompetence lore alongside the fake spike and countless draft day gaffes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...2/mark-sanchez

I just went through his record. In 4 seasons he has 9 games with a passer rating over 100. Of those 9, seven were games in which he threw for under 200 yards. Most were against lollipop opponents.

The shocking thing is that he has been given the opportunity to start year after year. He has been garbage since day one and has gotten worse each year. We as fans wanted to give the guy a chance and hope he would mature but based on what other rookie QB's are doing nowadays the era of 4-5 years of learning the position is over.

Oh and back to the topic, Braylon has been a solid player as a Jet. Guy works hard, blocks well and in general has been a good player for us. I would definitely bring him back next season.
    He was good enough to get us to 2 AFC title games and i don't want to hear that he did nothing and it was all the defense and running game.