Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Braylon is my new favorite Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Always nice to see Dreamers ignore what I stated before.....because he has no answer for it.

You are the minority here, pal. 97%(The 3% being SizzleBear, Untouchable, and you) want BE back and that's the way it is. Deal with it.
    Also it isn't 97% either your reaching. Heck I'd say at least 70% just doesn't even care. We are just vocal of him. Even if it is a majority that thinks he was good here not as many want him back as you seem to think. I haven't seen an out right I want him back from 90% of the people here. If I did I wouldn't have been posting it over the last 3 years at it would be a loosing battle. This is not. It has been mainly the same 6-7 people every time screaming I want him back your just the more prominent posters. People have jump on and off our threads on this. More don't want him back then 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    But he sucks.
    Stop whining and just deal with it.

Stop whining and just deal with it.
    Please, the Braylon Edwards hate club is apparently trying to make a comeback. What reason I dunno it was so obviously dumb not to sign the guy for peanuts last summer. Why can't Jets fans get this passionate about hating overpaid players who actually suck/deserve it? I'm talking about you Eric Smith.

Thank god he is not going to be our guy.
    Sanchez will be our guy & Marty was brought in here to fix him. Not a fan of David Lee except the 1 that played for the Knicks!

I would hold off signing Braylon right away. Here is the 2013 WR free agent class:

Wide Receivers

Dwayne Bowe
    Mike Wallace
    Greg Jennings
    Wes Welker
    Danny Amendola
    Brian Hartline
    Julian Edelman
    Donnie Avery
    Terrell Owens
    Jerome Simpson
    Kevin Ogletree
    Randy Moss
    Braylon Edwards
    Donald Driver
    Austin Collie
    Josh Cribbs
    Domenik Hixon
    Ramses Barden
    Jabar Gaffney
    Brandon Stokley
    Brandon Gibson
    Plaxico Burress
    Mohamed Massaquoi
    Johnny Knox
    Chad Johnson
    Deion Branch
    Mark Clayton
    Donte' Stallworth
    Brandon Tate
    Ted Ginn
    Devery Henderson
    Louis Murphy
    Derek Hagan
    Chaz Schilens
    Sammie Stroughter
    Steve Smith (STL)
    Devin Aromashodu
    Adrian Arrington
    Courtney Roby
    Jason Hill
    Greg Camarillo
    Kassim Osgood
    Roscoe Parrish
    Big Mike Williams
    Lee Evans
    Micheal Spurlock
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Legedu Naanee
    Ruvell Martin

There are many names on there that would do well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I would hold off signing Braylon right away. Here is the 2013 WR free agent class:

Wide Receivers

Dwayne Bowe
    Mike Wallace
    Greg Jennings
    Wes Welker
    Danny Amendola
    Brian Hartline
    Julian Edelman
    Donnie Avery
    Terrell Owens
    Jerome Simpson
    Kevin Ogletree
    Randy Moss
    Braylon Edwards
    Donald Driver
    Austin Collie
    Josh Cribbs
    Domenik Hixon
    Ramses Barden
    Jabar Gaffney
    Brandon Stokley
    Brandon Gibson
    Plaxico Burress
    Mohamed Massaquoi
    Johnny Knox
    Chad Johnson
    Deion Branch
    Mark Clayton
    Donte' Stallworth
    Brandon Tate
    Ted Ginn
    Devery Henderson
    Louis Murphy
    Derek Hagan
    Chaz Schilens
    Sammie Stroughter
    Steve Smith (STL)
    Devin Aromashodu
    Adrian Arrington
    Courtney Roby
    Jason Hill
    Greg Camarillo
    Kassim Osgood
    Roscoe Parrish
    Big Mike Williams
    Lee Evans
    Micheal Spurlock
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Legedu Naanee
    Ruvell Martin

There are many names on there that would do well for us.
    None other than Plax has played or has chemistry w/Mark. Unless a miracle happens Sanchez will be under center.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    None other than Plax has played or has chemistry w/Mark. Unless a miracle happens Sanchez will be under center.
    Chemistry in the past doesn't equal chemistry in the future.

Sign the best available wr we can acquire, not a fan favorite for the sake of signing him. I like Braylon. He was a good Jet. I want the Jets to not jump the gun and do their due diligence.

Jets Insider VIP
    But he sucks.
    Okay. That's YOUR opinion.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Jets Insider VIP
    My favorite Braylon Edwards hater is Limolady who claimed to have "inside information" as to why the team let him go and would NEVER bring him back. But of course refused to reveal that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    My favorite Braylon Edwards hater is Limolady who claimed to have "inside information" as to why the team let him go and would NEVER bring him back. But of course refused to reveal that reason.
    its pure stupidity on why he was let go. Hopefully it wasn't over the DWI he received.

Sign the best available wr we can acquire, not a fan favorite for the sake of signing him. I like Braylon. He was a good Jet. I want the Jets to not jump the gun and do their due diligence.
    Chemistry is underrated and sanchez has the same receiver 3 full seasons. We always change wideouts and kept crybaby holmes cut his ass!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    its pure stupidity on why he was let go. Hopefully it wasn't over the DWI he received.
    That's the whole point. If it was for a personal reason, why would the same administration bring him back? I don't think that was the reason.

Some people claimed that Woody Johnson didn't want him because he's so anti-drunk driving. Well, apparently that wasn't true either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That's the whole point. If it was for a personal reason, why would the same administration bring him back? I don't think that was the reason.

Some people claimed that Woody Johnson didn't want him because he's so anti-drunk driving. Well, apparently that wasn't true either.
    And some said Holmes couldn't stand him and wouldn't sign if they kept Braylon.. In hindsight they should have kept him then..

Veteran

Maybe it was the DWI at the time and two years heal wounds. It was probably a combination of both financial and personal issues at the time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GREENBLOODBLITZ View Post
    I agree Braylon is a Beast ..tough and a big beard!
    LOL to the poster who coined METONIO SMURF..that **** is priceless!
    Holmes is average ..I like Kerley better. Remindes me of J Co.

My opinion this is when our team took a dump.
    Signed Holmes... released Bray..J Co left..Brad Smith went to Bills..
    we tried to lure in anamde amosowaganbergeno and just dropped the friggin ball for good. Replaced nobody. At least we got CRo back~
    BUTTFUMBLE! thanks alot Tanny
    yes bring back the Beard he can leave the flips to his kids though

I'd say 90 percent of the players either drink and drive or do drugs and most cheat on their wives but that's fine by woody.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And some said Holmes couldn't stand him and wouldn't sign if they kept Braylon.. In hindsight they should have kept him then..
    who cares what holmes thinks he's such a great judge of character and model citizen not to mention great teammate. kick him to the curb!

I think the Jets can sign Braylon to a 1-year-incentive-laden deal and STILL go after the Free Agents you have listed. Don't know why you think they should be "careful" when this would be a low-risk, high-reward situation...

Didn't she post recently that she just disliked Braylon and made sh-t up just because of that fact?

She exposed herself(figuratively speaking...lol) in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You know what?

I think in the end, this "theory" right here carries the most weight.

Holmes and his Agent played the Jets for fools with the "threat" of Holmes going elsewhere if Braylon was re-signed.

I think Holmes Agent is the one who perpetuated this because if Braylon were re-signed to reasonable deal, Holmes would've gotten slightly less than he ultimately got which means less commission for his Agent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Didn't she post recently that she just disliked Braylon and made sh-t up just because of that fact?

She exposed herself(figuratively speaking...lol) in that regard.
    I don't know. I didn't see her post.

If that's true, that's pretty ****ty on her part. Acting as if she had inside info. And there was no ambiguity in her comments to that effect.

Yes Sanchez was bad last season but as Garcia noted he had new WRs every week. Bring back continuity & who he's comfortable w/...Keller whose a good fit for WCO