Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Braylon is my new favorite Jet

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Look at Sanchez's stats from 2011 look at Eli Manning's stats from 2012 . Then answer the question - Was Eli Manning terrible this year ??

Compare the respective offensive talent and Olines of those two teams, compare the offensive philosophies of those two teams and then tell me was Sanchez really terrible last year or was he saddled with subpar offensive weapons and an antiquated offenisive approach.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Very, very false. He was as good a WR as they've had since Sanchez took the helm. He still has plenty in the tank and he does things very well (besides catching td's) like knocking the piss out of defenders with his blocking and he fights for the ball like the third pick in the draft was supposed to do.

He compensates for Sanchez' poor throws. He goes up and gets the ball. He beats defenders with double moves and often is wide open streaking down field even when the QB panics and doesn't see it.

I want him back. I'm not a fan of any player that is a locker room dick. He has that reputation but I haven't seen it. Flame away if you want but you would be wrong. Bring him back and let him be a cog in the offensive machine. Plus, and this is no small factor, he WANTS very much to be here. That is more than can be said for half the roster.
    Thank you!!!!

Edwards was the best WR on the team last year and he was only here for three games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For other posters to call him a dog is INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    He' s Sanchez favorite Wr & they had instant chemistry. your absolutely right he compliments him well.
    This is why the Jets got rid of BE he was just to helpful to the Jets offense and them winning...

Hmmmmm guess what the Jets didn't make the playoffs the two years BE wasn't on the team..... yeah he is the dog!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Not so much a Sanchez apologist but rather an Rex offense realist.

Can you honestly believe any QB could have produced decent numbers in the Rex offensive philosophy of G&P.

On top of that throw in the uber talented skill position players like Shonn I'll run into the first guy I see Greene, Powell, McKnight, Stephen stone hands Hill ( who I think will get better), Chaz tough as Charmin Schilens, Clyde Gates, Mardy Gras Hilyard a banged up Braylon, Holmes and Keller basically hurt all year.

Sure you'll spout well Brady or Peyton could do it , again but not with these ragtags and not with the mantra of G&P.

Bash Sanchez all you want , he played miserably is 2012 , but to even consider it may not have been alll his fault is beyond the Sanchez haters

And if you want o say well he did terrible in 2011 and had a better cast around him, again same G&P mentality. But you want a shocker look at Sanchez's stats from 2011 and Eli Mannings from 2012 they are very comparable. Yet didn't hear boatloads of people bashing Eli like they do with Sanchez.

If you step away from your pure hate of the player and look at the circumstances you might see why some "so called apologists" feel the way they do.
    Bravo Sir... I say Bravo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Gholston wasn't a starter. He wasn't even in the rotation. He hardly ever saw the field.

If you're going to make an analogy, use a relevant one.

BTW, his 2010 season was better than anyone in the last 2 years without him.
    There was a lot of guys on the 2009 and 2010 roster that weren't on the last 2. BE didn't make those teams AFCC teams. That was the team as a whole that whole argument was a bad one. My whole point of using Ghost was that. BE did nothing for this team. All your arguments don't help you. 900 yards doesn't make him more then average. His dogging out plays definitely doesn't. Until you can go back in time and have him not play like a loser that is what he is to me. I have pride in this team he didn't IMO. Also to say 99% of Jets fans want him back is false. Do you know them all personally. I am not the only one on this site that doesn't want him back I am just one of the few who really hates the idea of him back. Wasn't a very good player bottom line. I get it your a fan but for this team not a good fit at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    God forbid one player in lockerroom actually sticks up for his qb instead of tonguing Tebow's cornhole.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Thank you!!!!

Edwards was the best WR on the team last year and he was only here for three games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Grief!!!
    Homes 272 yards 4 games 115 YAC Edwards 12 in 3 games 32 YAC. Kerley also average more YPG and YPC and lead the team in most cats and wasn't the day one starter. Not even close to the best last year. He is 30 now injury prone and brings little up side as a WR for this team. holly cow come back down to reality. You want to argue his average stats 3-4 years ago fine but don't give me he is still a viable starter. He isn't.

Thank you!!!!

Good Grief!!!
    We need Braylon back and it will be a huge loss from a psychological standpoint if he signs elsewhere. He still has fuel in the tank!!

Bravo Sir... I say Bravo!!!!

As I've previously stated give Eli what Mark had last and see how he would fair.

Edwards is the best WR we've had in the last decade.

Braylon is exactly the type of Wr the WCO calls for a big dude that go up and get and he can help mentor Hill who has a case of the dropsies!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    There was a lot of guys on the 2009 and 2010 roster that weren't on the last 2. BE didn't make those teams AFCC teams. That was the team as a whole that whole argument was a bad one. My whole point of using Ghost was that. BE did nothing for this team. All your arguments don't help you. 900 yards doesn't make him more then average. His dogging out plays definitely doesn't. Until you can go back in time and have him not play like a loser that is what he is to me. I have pride in this team he didn't IMO. Also to say 99% of Jets fans want him back is false. Do you know them all personally. I am not the only one on this site that doesn't want him back I am just one of the few who really hates the idea of him back. Wasn't a very good player bottom line. I get it your a fan but for this team not a good fit at all.
    Now he's at least "average" in your mind. That's an upgrade from dog****.

I'm curious, what is your opinion of Holmes?

Jets Insider VIP
    Homes 272 yards 4 games 115 YAC Edwards 12 in 3 games 32 YAC. Kerley also average more YPG and YPC and lead the team in most cats and wasn't the day one starter. Not even close to the best last year. He is 30 now injury prone and brings little up side as a WR for this team. holly cow come back down to reality. You want to argue his average stats 3-4 years ago fine but don't give me he is still a viable starter. He isn't.
    Oh nevermind. You apparently think Holmes is awesome. How do you like Holmes' attitude?

His own teammates calling him out for not giving 100%. Falling to the ground in a crucial moment of the game and instead of holding onto the ball or even just simply fumbling it after hitting the turf or flinging it out of bounds, he flings it into the air into the field of play towards defenders.

In my mind, Edwards is 10X the team player Holmes is.

Oh nevermind. You apparently think Holmes is awesome. How do you like Holmes' attitude?

His own teammates calling him out for not giving 100%. Falling to the ground in a crucial moment of the game and instead of holding onto the ball or even just simply fumbling it after hitting the turf or flinging it out of bounds, he flings it into the air into the field of play towards defenders.

In my mind, Edwards is 10X the team player Holmes is.
    I agree w/you. There is a reason Steelers dumped that jerk for a 5th rounder!!

Now he's at least "average" in your mind. That's an upgrade from dog****.

I'm curious, what is your opinion of Holmes?
    Holmes and Edwards are both guys we can do without. Average WR neither are a true #1 and both are pretty much done with their careers. Kerley right now is better then both and Hill will be soon.

Braylon is exactly the type of Wr the WCO calls for a big dude that go up and get and he can help mentor Hill who has a case of the dropsies!
    We need both Holmes and Braylon next year. Any objective Jets fan with a brain can recognize that. NFL is supposed to be a QB league - it's really a WR/TE driven league b/c those guys make their QB's better.

Mark Sanchez first 3 games (w/Holmes): 5 tds 3 ints 2-1 win/loss record

Mark Sanchez rest of season (w/o Holmes): disaster butt-fumbler

Holmes and Edwards are both guys we can do without. Average WR neither are a true #1 and both are pretty much done with their careers. Kerley right now is better then both and Hill will be soon.
    No we need Braylon back especially if Sanchez is our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We need both Holmes and Braylon next year. Any objective Jets fan with a brain can recognize that. NFL is supposed to be a QB league - it's really a WR/TE driven league b/c those guys make their QB's better.

Mark Sanchez first 3 games (w/Holmes): 5 tds 3 ints 2-1 win/loss record

Mark Sanchez rest of season (w/o Holmes): disaster butt-fumbler
    This logic just makes me sad. If a mid 70s QBR is making your QB better Mark is more useless then even I think. Meanwhile RG3 puts up MVP #s with a WR core that isn't that good at all. We could have Zonas WRs and Mark still wouldn't look any better.

No we need Braylon back especially if Sanchez is our guy.
    Thank god he is not going to be our guy.

Always nice to see Dreamers ignore what I stated before.....because he has no answer for it.

You are the minority here, pal. 97%(The 3% being SizzleBear, Untouchable, and you) want BE back and that's the way it is. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Always nice to see Dreamers ignore what I stated before.....because he has no answer for it.

You are the minority here, pal. 97%(The 3% being SizzleBear, Untouchable, and you) want BE back and that's the way it is. Deal with it.
    But he sucks.