Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: Can we all just get along ?

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Can we all just get along ?

    OK, so this past season was a major let down but before we start saying that 2013 is going to be another let down can we at least see what moves the team makes to try and improve itself ? The new OC believes more in a passing attack than a ground n pound so it could be exciting to watch the off season moves. This team has to be built around one objective: Beat the Pats and beat them soundly the both times we play them !!

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    OK, so this past season was a major let down but before we start saying that 2013 is going to be another let down can we at least see what moves the team makes to try and improve itself ? The new OC believes more in a passing attack than a ground n pound so it could be exciting to watch the off season moves. This team has to be built around one objective: Beat the Pats and beat them soundly the both times we play them !!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are F**ked if thats our only objective, It should be to win a superbowl in this decade

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    OK, so this past season was a major let down but before we start saying that 2013 is going to be another let down can we at least see what moves the team makes to try and improve itself ? The new OC believes more in a passing attack than a ground n pound so it could be exciting to watch the off season moves. This team has to be built around one objective: Beat the Pats and beat them soundly the both times we play them !!
    Listen, by the time Opening Day 2013 comes around we will all be on board and looking forward to the first game of the new season.

    While some of us have already put last season behind us and have moved on to next year, there are a greater amount of fans who are still very bitter about this past season, the change in the front office, our owners devotion to the head coach, and a general belief that our head coach isn't the right man for the job. Not to mention our concerns around the quarterback, the coordinators, the coaching staff, the Revis contract, the non-personnel GM, etc. etc.

    All of us "getting along" also means that the posters who have just moved onto next year have a little patience and allow upset fans a little more time to heal. The current season isn't even over yet, we haven't even crowned an AFC Champion, yet some of you expect us to immediately just start talking about next season as if last season never happened.

    We will all get along if everyone understands that we are all on different timelines, we eventually will get over our current emotional state, and we will all eventually be excited about next season. It takes some of us a little bit longer to get over things, we still have unaddressed issues we want to discuss. Understanding goes both ways.

    SAR I

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,546
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a very, very good chance that we will miss the playoffs 3 years in a row for the first time since before Parcells. The AFCCGs were a loooooong time ago.

    We have good reason to be upset. Many of us saw this coming.

    All of us hope that Idzik turns things around for us. But we also realize there is only so much he can do with the cap and roster and that we might be in for a very lean year. Another reason why it is hard to look completely look forward is b.c the same HC is here. If everything was fresh it would be easier.

    Personally, I start focusing on the next season after the SB. Once the Combine comes around it is full steam ahead.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,883
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mods, pleas merge with I love the Jets thread.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR the Jets could go 11-5 next season and make it the AFC playoffs and loose and you would complain

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    SAR the Jets could go 11-5 next season and make it the AFC playoffs and loose and you would complain
    Let me get this straight:

    When the Jets lost the 2010 AFC Championship Game you had no complaints?

    You don't know me. You can stop thinking for me now. Your original comment asked if we could all get along. I offered up a solution. And all you are doing now is creating more agitation, the opposite of what you yourself asked for.

    SAR I

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    SAR the Jets could go 11-5 next season and make it the AFC playoffs and loose and you would complain
    lol thats about right.. we would hear " If Jets had a good HC jets go to the superbowl" "Rex is only good enough to get tho AFC championships"

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    This team has to be built around one objective: Beat the Pats and beat them soundly the both times we play them !!


    This coming from a Pats fan

    I say this is Trolling 101

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    SAR the Jets could go 11-5 next season and make it the AFC playoffs and loose and you would complain
    Woody thanks you for your unwavering acceptance of mediocrity. We have averaged less than 9 wins since 1999.

    I bet you own a Sanchez jersey

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    lol thats about right.. we would hear " If Jets had a good HC jets go to the superbowl" "Rex is only good enough to get tho AFC championships"
    That's a fact.

    Rex Ryan lost 3 consecutive AFC Championship Games, his defense playing worse each time.

    And in case you forgot, it takes four wins to get a Lombardi trophy. The Jets got two wins, or halfway there. I don't recall Joe Girardi bing given a lifetime contract for losing back-to-back American League Championship Series. Didn't realize that losing two of the biggest games in Jets history in consecutive seasons is something to celebrate.

    SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-19-2013 at 08:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's a fact.

    Rex Ryan lost 3 consecutive AFC Championship Games, his defense playing worse each time.

    And in case you forgot, it takes four wins to get a Lombardi trophy. The Jets got two wins, or halfway there. I don't recall Joe Girardi bing given a lifetime contract for losing back-to-back American League Championship Series. Didn't realize that losing two of the biggest games in Jets history in consecutive seasons is something to celebrate.

    SAR I
    In their entire history, the Jets have been to a total of 4 AFC Championship games

    Rex Ryan has coached the Jets to half of them in the 4 years he's been head coach.

    Sleep well

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    In their entire history, the Jets have been to a total of 4 AFC Championship games

    Rex Ryan has coached the Jets to half of them in the 4 years he's been head coach.

    Sleep well
    Let me guess:

    Mets fan?

    Rex Ryan is a good playoff defensive coordinator. Is that your point? It's not enough. Rex took Eric Mangini's team deep in the playoffs. His own team? Can't even get a winning record.

    SAR I

  16. #16
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like
    A bunch or anonymous fans of a losing team getting along on a fan site... Hmmm..kinda doubt it's gonna be all Chrystals and rainbows..

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    A bunch or anonymous fans of a losing team getting along on a fan site... Hmmm..kinda doubt it's gonna be all Chrystals and rainbows..
    Life is very short and
    There's no time
    For fussing and fighting
    My friend.

    SAR I

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR is an idiot.


    Sent from a phone using an app

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    In their entire history, the Jets have been to a total of 4 AFC Championship games

    Rex Ryan has coached the Jets to half of them in the 4 years he's been head coach.

    Sleep well
    NO SBs....but that makes many happy who adore mediocrity.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    SAR is an idiot.
    We are trying to get along here.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us