Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's worse for the Patriots?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

What's worse for the Patriots?

Losing tomorrow against a team they are heavily favored to beat, or losing a third consecutive Super Bowl against the NFC Champion?

I'd rather see them lose to the Ravens, but another Super Bowl loss would hurt an awful lot. I'm curious to see what he rest of the Patriot haters like me would think about this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how they are favorite over the Ravens. Ravens are a much better team. I don't think it would be a bad loss for the Pats at all. Anther SB yeah that would hurt much more even if the loss is to a much better team. I just feel they are the worst team left.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't see how they are favorite over the Ravens. Ravens are a much better team. I don't think it would be a bad loss for the Pats at all. Anther SB yeah that would hurt much more even if the loss is to a much better team. I just feel they are the worst team left.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    "What's worse for the Patriots?"

Sitting home watching either game on TV with Woody Johnson as your owner, Mark Sanchez as your QB and Marty Morningwhatever as your new OC.

That's what would be worse.

Playing and losing in a seventh AFCCG or sixth SB in 12 years? Somehow I'd prefer either of those two options over sitting on my couch.
    Last edited by NYCFan; 01-20-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    "What's worse for the Patriots?"

Sitting home watching either game on TV with Woody Johnson as your owner, Mark Sanchez as your QB and Marty Morningwhatever as your new OC.

That's what would be worse.

Playing and losing in a seventh AFCCG or sixth SB in 12 years? Somehow I'd prefer either of those two options over sitting on my couch.
    Yeah, but you're a Pats fan. And, you either didn't read the question or comprehend that it gave you two choices, neither of which you selected.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think pats fans rather lose tomorrow then in the Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Losing tomorrow against a team they are heavily favored to beat, or losing a third consecutive Super Bowl against the NFC Champion?

I'd rather see them lose to the Ravens, but another Super Bowl loss would hurt an awful lot. I'm curious to see what he rest of the Patriot haters like me would think about this.
    I was at the Patriots first Super Bowl loss to the Giants. It was a work of art; the situation couldn't have been setup any better for a painful disappointment and upset for the Pats. The arrogance of Pats fans before the game at the pre-SB parties and tailgates was unreal. It was supposed to be a coronation, a friggen Prom party for an undefeated team.

I don't like the Giants at all, but that day nothing was better than having a front row seat when they punched the Pats in the mouth and crapped on their party.

With that said, I also know that almost (maybe even more) painful was the Pats losing at Home to the Jets in the Divisional round 2 years ago. They were the #1 seed and the Jets went into their house and shut them up. So I wouldn't mind watching the Ravens disappoint all those chowds in Massachusetts tomorrow evening.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you lost your mind or something?

You've been making zero sense these past few months.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Have you lost your mind or something?

You've been making zero sense these past few months.
    Ravens are the most complete team in the POs and have been. I don't see where that has changed. I said they had the easy path to the SB and I still believe that. Denver, NE, and Indy are just not on Balts level right now sorry. They are healthy and have way more weapons on both O and D then NE. This is just a dominate team when healthy. Atlanta and SF are head and shoulders above NE too. Either one wins easy IMO. NE has a great QB and an average team everywhere else. I said it when Balt played Denver Balt is just the only real team in the AFC this year. It has been a very down year for the AFC IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Losing tomorrow would obviously be worse. Every team wants to make the Super Bowl. This is the dumbest thread ever started.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Losing tomorrow would obviously be worse. Every team wants to make the Super Bowl. This is the dumbest thread ever started.
    eh Ask a Buffalo fan over the age of 35 about that they may disagree. Maybe even a Denver fan. Loosing the big game 3-4 times in a decade is very heart breaking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    I think pats fans rather lose tomorrow then in the Super Bowl.
    They can't lose tomorrow, then (again) in the Super Bowl. They can only lose once. It would be nice if they could lose both though, so good idea.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    eh Ask a Buffalo fan over the age of 35 about that they may disagree. Maybe even a Denver fan. Loosing the big game 3-4 times in a decade is very heart breaking.
    Nope, always best to make it as far as possible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, always best to make it as far as possible.
    I don't know. I'd rather win a friggen division then loose anther AFCC as a WC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong again, as is the case with every post I've read of yours.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can't lose tomorrow, then (again) in the Super Bowl. They can only lose once. It would be nice if they could lose both though, so good idea.
    Really dude?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong again, as is the case with every post I've read of yours.
    LOL OK my opinion that I'd rather win a division that loose anther meaningless AFCC is wrong. That is your opinion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus 2.5

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not if you already won 3 in recent memory.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously getting to the AFCCG is easy to do, and means nothing. Getting to the Super bowl and losing is just as good as winning it. At least that's what I've been told.