Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's worse for the Patriots?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    Really dude?
    I think he was telling you to use than, instead of then. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Losing tomorrow against a team they are heavily favored to beat, or losing a third consecutive Super Bowl against the NFC Champion?

I'd rather see them lose to the Ravens, but another Super Bowl loss would hurt an awful lot. I'm curious to see what he rest of the Patriot haters like me would think about this.
    Patriot lover- not hater. Losing to the Ravens by far. Not getting to the SB is a lost worse than losing one. (I been on the losing side 4 times) Losing against Indy in 2006 still hurts more than any other loss that I can remember even more than the 18-1 season. Losing against Indy, Pitt, and now the Ravens being our biggest rivals always hurts more than losing a game against a NFL team.
    Last edited by patman; 01-20-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Veteran
    without hesitation, today, get them out. no more NE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    Losing tomorrow against a team they are heavily favored to beat, or losing a third consecutive Super Bowl against the NFC Champion?

I'd rather see them lose to the Ravens, but another Super Bowl loss would hurt an awful lot. I'm curious to see what he rest of the Patriot haters like me would think about this.
    Doesn't matter the PATS are GREAT.

2 AFC Championships in a row.

To your question.... I bet it hurts the fans MORE if they lose the SB.

Rookie
    What's worse for the Jets? Not getting to another AFCCG or getting there and lose again?

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    I think pats fans rather lose tomorrow then in the Super Bowl.
    This is true, IMO. I asked one of my friends (from Boston/Pats fan) what he thought about the game tomorrow, and he said "I don't know anymore" regarding the playoffs.

I think this Patriots team is one of BB's best in years, TBH.

Ravens 20
    Pats 34

lock it up, the Pats are winning there 4th SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Losing tomorrow would obviously be worse. Every team wants to make the Super Bowl. This is the dumbest thread ever started.
    This.

Making it to the superbowl >>>> Not making it to the superbowl

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    3 SB's, doesn't matter what happens. Fans have gotten their monies worth and then some. More importantly, they have experienced the ultimate as fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

With that said, I also know that almost (maybe even more) painful was the Pats losing at Home to the Jets in the Divisional round 2 years ago. They were the #1 seed and the Jets went into their house and shut them up. So I wouldn't mind watching the Ravens disappoint all those chowds in Massachusetts tomorrow evening.
    You are on the right track here, at least in the eyes of this Patriots fan. The most unpleasant loss for me BY FAR during the Belichick era was the Patriots loss to the Colts in the AFCC. That denied the Patriots a cake walk to their 4th title (against the overmatched Bears) and led to the first and only championship for Peyton, one of the Pats' most bitter rivals.

A loss to the Ravens today would be far worse than making it to the SB and losing. Having your team in the SB is great fun and, if your team loses, well, the season was going to be over anyway. Losing to the Ravens today would be much worse than getting blown out by Atlanta or SF in the SB (even if that happens), and it's not even close.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't see how they are favorite over the Ravens. Ravens are a much better team.
    If the Ravens are a "much better team", why are the Pats -9.5 favorites in a Championship game?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the Ravens are a "much better team", why are the Pats -9.5 favorites in a Championship game?
    Because someone in Vegas knows the fix is in of course

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Because everyone knows that having a better offense, defense, coach, and homefield advantage doesn't mean anywhere near as much as leading the league in destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't see how they are favorite over the Ravens. Ravens are a much better team. I don't think it would be a bad loss for the Pats at all. Anther SB yeah that would hurt much more even if the loss is to a much better team. I just feel they are the worst team left.
    This is quite literally one of the 5 dumbest posts I've witnessed on JI.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    What are the other 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    You haven't witnessed very much here, have you?

I hear you both. It's just that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    3 SB's, doesn't matter what happens. Fans have gotten their monies worth and then some. More importantly, they have experienced the ultimate as fans.
    This is correct. Losing today would be far worse than losing the SB. I still can't believe how lucky we are as fans to have a chance to root for our team in 6 of the last 12 Super Bowls. Even Pats haters have to admit that's incredible.

And btw, "loose" is the opposite of "tight". The opposite of "win" is "lose".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    This is correct. Losing today would be far worse than losing the SB. I still can't believe how lucky we are as fans to have a chance to root for our team in 6 of the last 12 Super Bowls. Even Pats haters have to admit that's incredible.

Nah, getting to back-to-back AFCCG's is a more incredible feat than playing in 6 of the last 12 Super Bowls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    You are on the right track here, at least in the eyes of this Patriots fan. The most unpleasant loss for me BY FAR during the Belichick era was the Patriots loss to the Colts in the AFCC. That denied the Patriots a cake walk to their 4th title (against the overmatched Bears) and led to the first and only championship for Peyton, one of the Pats' most bitter rivals.

A loss to the Ravens today would be far worse than making it to the SB and losing. Having your team in the SB is great fun and, if your team loses, well, the season was going to be over anyway. Losing to the Ravens today would be much worse than getting blown out by Atlanta or SF in the SB (even if that happens), and it's not even close.
    That's what I figured. Besides, how much animosity is there towards SF or Atlanta by Pats fans? Virtually none I'd guess. But watching Ray Lewis do that stupid dance on my field today, I'd lose it.