Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's worse for the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If the Ravens are a "much better team", why are the Pats -9.5 favorites in a Championship game?
    Please don't quote Vegas odds. You made it very clear in the first jets/bills game thread that you don't understand gambling. On top of that you called the bills the easiest bet of the year. ;-)

All Pro
    I don't see how either of those outcomes could possibly happen.

The ravens are going to get trolopped and NE's going to pull another vintage Tom Brady sh*tshow 4th quarter to beat SF.

I get it, they're in our a division and arch rivals - but some of you need to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Losing tomorrow would obviously be worse. Every team wants to make the Super Bowl. This is the dumbest thread ever started.
    I'll check with you in the future before I start any more threads.

Losing tomorrow would not obviously be worse. Read the replies from the others, retard.

What a loser mentality.

"Hey son, don't try and go to college. It's better to not go than to fail"

I really can't believe some people who think it's better to fail early than to fail later...loser mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
    I'll check with you in the future before I start any more threads.

Losing tomorrow would not obviously be worse. Read the replies from the others, retard.
    First, all the Pats fans replies here indicate otherwise, losing today is far worse than losing the SB.

Second, your cavalier use of the word "retard" is offensive and an affront to anyone who has a loved one with an intellectual disability. Grow up.

Third, the Pats aren't playing tomorrow so they can't possible lose "tomorrow" you intellectually disabled moron.

Neither is really good, but as a Pats fan I would rather have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl in two weeks than watch the Ravens take on either the 49ers or Falcons. Losing again this post-season will be upsetting for me, but I rather have two more weeks of enjoyment and speculation of whether Belichick and Brady get their fourth ring than having it all end around 9PM tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    First, all the Pats fans replies here indicate otherwise, losing today is far worse than losing the SB.

Second, your cavalier use of the word "retard" is offensive and an affront to anyone who has a loved one with an intellectual disability. Grow up.

Third, the Pats aren't playing tomorrow so they can't possible lose "tomorrow" you intellectually disabled moron.
    The thread was started last night so for the sake of continuity I kept it in that context. I'm sorry you couldn't figure that out, but I don't mind helping you understand things.

What is the difference between calling someone a "retard" and calling someone a "moron"? Educate me.

Now put down the building blocks and get on that short bus.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    What a loser mentality.

"Hey son, don't try and go to college. It's better to not go than to fail"

I really can't believe some people who think it's better to fail early than to fail later...loser mentality.
    A loss is a loss I don't see it matters where that loss is. I'd rather win a division then go anther year where we really don't win anything. I don't think that is looser mentality. We'd still be a PO team that didn't win the SB. Only we'd have a division banner at the end of the year. Pats fans are in a different boat though. They want a SB and anything short of that is failure. The fact they they have won something in Pats fans lifetime gives them a different perspective. I mention Buff fans because for them I really feel if they had gone and lost one more year in that decade there would have been riots.

We have these talks in college threads all the time. Would you rather loose a game to your biggest rival or one of the meaningless bowl games. Ideally you don't want to loose either. It is a matter of where your pride is but in either case your still talking losing. What was a more humiliating loss for USC? ND or that Sun Bowl game? There is not right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Neither is really good, but as a Pats fan I would rather have a rooting interest in the Super Bowl in two weeks than watch the Ravens take on either the 49ers or Falcons. Losing again this post-season will be upsetting for me, but I rather have two more weeks of enjoyment and speculation of whether Belichick and Brady get their fourth ring than having it all end around 9PM tonight.
    Yes, both would be painful. But having witnessed my teams lose championship games, especially ones they should have won, was extra painful for me.

That's why I asked the question. To see what others thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post

What is the difference between calling someone a "retard" and calling someone a "moron"? Educate me.

Really?

Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 01-20-2013 at 02:04 PM.

All League
    I'm glad these troll-trap threads exist to keep the rest of the board clear.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Really?

Calling someone retarded and calling someone a moron were both once medically accepted terms to describe the degree of mental impairment. Imbecile and idiot were also medically acceptable terms. Each word meant a different level of mental impairment. Look it up.

Let's move on, Yaz. We're boring people.

Sorry if I offended you. Honestly. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Go Ravens. Anyone but the Pats.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't see how either of those outcomes could possibly happen.

The ravens are going to get trolopped and NE's going to pull another vintage Tom Brady sh*tshow 4th quarter to beat SF.

I get it, they're in our a division and arch rivals - but some of you need to wake up.
    If Brady is gonna upset SF, Colin and Harbaugh better get their Sh!t together fast,

Falcons 17-0 early in the second qtr. Roddy White and Julio Jones are tearing the SF Defense a new one.
    Last edited by Spectre; 01-20-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    eh Ask a Buffalo fan over the age of 35 about that they may disagree. Maybe even a Denver fan. Loosing the big game 3-4 times in a decade is very heart breaking.
    More heartbreaking than finishing out of the playoffs two years in a row? Personally. if the Patriots got to the SB and lost, it would still be a great year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I was at the Patriots first Super Bowl loss to the Giants. It was a work of art; the situation couldn't have been setup any better for a painful disappointment and upset for the Pats. The arrogance of Pats fans before the game at the pre-SB parties and tailgates was unreal. It was supposed to be a coronation, a friggen Prom party for an undefeated team.

I don't like the Giants at all, but that day nothing was better than having a front row seat when they punched the Pats in the mouth and crapped on their party.

With that said, I also know that almost (maybe even more) painful was the Pats losing at Home to the Jets in the Divisional round 2 years ago. They were the #1 seed and the Jets went into their house and shut them up. So I wouldn't mind watching the Ravens disappoint all those chowds in Massachusetts tomorrow evening.
    A loss tonight or in 2 weeks will surely be disappointing but at least I know the Pats have a legit chance to contend next season. Indeed you should welocme a Pats loss as it serves as diversion therapy...you don't really have anything else to look forward to. It's the little things in life.