Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tony Dungy on Idzik: "John Idzik was a big part of our success...he knows talent"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That wasn't the point he said the 6-10 season felt like pre Parcells.. I just wondered what he thought the 4-12 seasons felt like.. Nowhere did I say anything about accepting mediocrity nor should any fan..
    No you're right it was very dramatic from his end, but as fans we can all agree that settling for mediocrity will just give us another 40+ years without a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I STOPPED READING YOUR POST RIGHT THERE- YOU'RE GULLIBLE!!!

SAR I
    actually you read the entire post!!! lol...all jokes aside im not gullible im honest..and in the process of hiring this new GM i feel jets did a good job and based on the feedback from real football people i.e. dungy i feel even better about it..even francesa who hates the jets more than you do!!! states his only concern is who will make the final decisions on picking players..my concern also..though all reports coming out even francesa himself said idzik has total control and has rex fate in his hands come 2014...now my only question will idzik bring in different scouts or keep current regime..which i dont think will be worst thing because as long as rex doesn't have final say like he did under tanny i feel our current scouts arent awfull..

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You know most normally when a writer goes off on the Jets, I see all of you on this board go and attack the writer. I often do not agree with the approach. I choose to think well, it's one mans opinion. It doesn't mean it is right or wrong, it's just his opinion.

You guys just overreact to anything the press says which might be construed as negative.

With that said, this recent attack by Cimini and the other guy? It was so immediate, more or less before the ink has even dried on Idzik's contract. It was bullsh*t.

HTF could they even presume to know what this hire was when they haven't been following Seattle Seahawks football?

This really lends credence to thinking no matter who had been hired they would have immediately attacked the choice.

Where they think they have earned this right to run their traps about the Jets, I will never know.

However, any logical thinking Jets fan should be DONE with Cimini. He's a POS that wants nothing more than to attack the team, just dying to create something to write about. He's as bad as the papparazi.
    When writers (or radio hosts - fat ones) choose to attack the organization to drive up their ratings (this is the Howard Stern technique), then you should stop listening until they can convey their thoughts in a more professional matter. Why do I want to hear Francessa screaming about how bad the organization is when he never uses a fact. Yes, he is correct, but I don't need him pouring it on like a bloated spoiled brat to constantly rub it in our faces. Just ignore those who can't act like professionals. If someone can write an article criticizing the Jets without sounding like a caddy 12 year old girl, I'll read it, and they're usually right.

Cimini wrote an entire article about a GM who hasn't even gotten to the facility yet. He is covering up all the other articles that he wrote that he was wrong in (we're focused on this one, right?).

Writers are smart, there's a method to their madness. They don't have the fans best interest at heart, just themselves to drive up the ratings of their newspapers and themselves. That's what the media is all about.

All League

Talking

Sorry SAR. How could I resist the opportunity?

All Pro
    If 10 years ago I was a phone repair man and for the last 10 years I've been a house painter, no one would consider me a "qualified phone repair man" anymore.

It's wonderful that in the stone age Idzik had some personnel experience. Those NCAA coaches and NCAA players are all gone now. Who is he networked with? What does he know of the next 3 classes of players?

He's going to do a good job with the cap and get the organization into a professional groove. I feel good there. But drafting players? Completely out of his league right now. That's all the reporters are saying. Millions of Jets fans too.

SAR I
    Based on the knowledge displayed about business and career advancement in this post, I believe you really are a house painter. Dumbest analogy ever.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Just thinking the same thing, there was not as much to read about but it was not embarrassing to be a fan (last year was the worst since pre-Parcells)
    Did you watch in 07?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...hire-1.4476736

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Tony Dungy on new Jets GM John Idzik: "John Idzik was a big part of our success in Tampa and I believe he'll do a great job in New York."

More Dungy: "he's extremely bright and he knows talent. He's been around football all his life and he understands what it takes to win."
    Hurry up. Close this thread. John Idzik only orders windex for the glass windows at the team headquarters. Let me step away from the computer and go to the bathroom, so I can go take a Sar.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Hurry up. Close this thread. John Idzik only orders windex for the glass windows at the team headquarters. Let me step away from the computer and go to the bathroom, so I can go take a Sar.
    I laughed hard at this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Did you watch in 07?
    yes it was similar with a Turkey day blow out, but less drama, it started with loss to the Patriots to end the 2006 season (playoffs) and continued as they lost like 8 of the first 10 games, clear rebuilding year but it seemed to get better as the year went on

drafted Revis and Harris, swept the fish, beat the Steelers and Herms Chiefs, thats all I remember

Oh, then passed on Flacco in the 08 draft to select Gholston from Ohio State at #6

and I still think this year was worse (all we can do is hope our team rebuilds again, changes were needed)
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 01-20-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Yea, I would have traded the two wins for no Tebow, no butt fumble (3 TD in 52 seconds) on Thanksgiving, and a true benching of Sanchez for multiple games

but that's just me
    I get where Savage is coming from and I always respect his point of view, but I'm with Ohio on this one. This was for me the worst year since Kotite. I never felt the inclination during the 4-12 years to metaphorically put a paper bag over my head about being a Jet fan. This year I did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Based on the knowledge displayed about business and career advancement in this post, I believe you really are a house painter. Dumbest analogy ever.
    lol. SAR is taking a beating on the board these days, but he's brought it on himself. I actually like Scott but he's just too wound up lately and now he's citing Francessa to back up his points.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol. SAR is taking a beating on the board these days, but he's brought it on himself. I actually like Scott but he's just too wound up lately and now he's citing Francessa to back up his points.
    I like him too. Usually, he is only trying to provoke counter thought, though he sometimes gets carried away. That said, I can't resist a good opportunity to bust balls (see my above post).

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post

Sorry SAR. How could I resist the opportunity?

Just need to blend the edges of the letters a bit, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...hire-1.4476736

Tony Dungy on new Jets GM John Idzik: "John Idzik was a big part of our success in Tampa and I believe he'll do a great job in New York."

More Dungy: "he's extremely bright and he knows talent. He's been around football all his life and he understands what it takes to win."
    He knows talent huh! jets have had plenty of Talent the past few yrs and gave them all away

VILMA
    ABE - WTF wrong with jets
    GOODWIN - Jets R dumb
    GAREY - Sleeper
    NEON LEON - KOR/PR/3rd RB
    RHODES -
    JONES - understandable
    WOODHEAD-
    BIGBY - Good player
    IHEDIGBO - Digs! he is playin opposite ED Reed
    LOWERY - Jets miss DLOW
    MCKENZIE- He got ring
    COTCHERY - Should have been jet 4 life
    DREESING - Ballin!!!

ALL THESE GUYS SHOULD BE ON THE JETS!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    I get where Savage is coming from and I always respect his point of view, but I'm with Ohio on this one. This was for me the worst year since Kotite. I never felt the inclination during the 4-12 years to metaphorically put a paper bag over my head about being a Jet fan. This year I did.
    I understand his reasoning but for me 4-12 is worse the 6-10.. Maybe his and your expectations were too high this year where with Kotite you knew you were DOA.. I think it was the Saint's fans called the Aint's that started the paper bag thing..

Jets Insider VIP
    A couple of pity quotes from a bleeding-heart good-guy doesn't offset the fact that he's a cap guy with a lot to learn.

Rex selected the perfect puppet. Lets hope he made a mistake and the guy fires him.

SAR I
    Sar is really Cimini in ugly clothing!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    rotflmao! That is a funny one! Taking a SAR! Do you think SAR is really Cimini posting under a phony name?

For what it's worth, heard Pat Kirwin of CBS.com on with Jody Mac. Was very complimentary of Idzik....thinks will surround himself with good scouts/personnel people, and actually knows the personnel part better than most people think. Thinks it's a very good move by Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I understand his reasoning but for me 4-12 is worse the 6-10.. Maybe his and your expectations were too high this year where with Kotite you knew you were DOA.. I think it was the Saint's fans called the Aint's that started the paper bag thing..
    Yes, it was expectations (I was one of the idiots predicting 12-4), but it was also more. I could never have imagined Sanchez being this bad, culminating in the Buttfumble, and I was blindsided by the season-long Tebow obsession. And the 7-6 game against Arizona (even though we won) brought back very unpleasant memories of the 6-3 loss to the Colts, with the two games together sending NFL football back to the 1920s.

Of course you're right about the Aints. Brings back another fond Jet memory, when the winless Aints came into Shea in the second to last game of the year and beat the Jets, and a snow squall showed up in the third quarter right after the Aints had gone ahead, and for about five minutes made the field impossible to see from the upper deck. The following week the Jets beat the Dolphins in the Silent Bowl, costing them Lawrence Taylor.

Mem---ries, like the corners of my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    For what it's worth, heard Pat Kirwin of CBS.com on with Jody Mac. Was very complimentary of Idzik....thinks will surround himself with good scouts/personnel people, and actually knows the personnel part better than most people think. Thinks it's a very good move by Jets.
    We are so inundated with sensationalist, dishonest reporting from the Daily News and WFAN that we lose sight of or minimalize the significance of unbiased reporting. Francessa became the obsessed Jets hater that he is when the team kept players from his show. His agenda was dramaticslly changed from that point. And we all know that the Daily News made Cimini what he is and certainly Mehta. You may recall a completely different Mehta when he was a Star-Ledger reporter (pre Ventras). Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hide.