Thread: Jim Caldwell may be the difference against the pats

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim Caldwell may be the difference against the pats

Since he was made OC of the ravens they have been on a tear. He set records on offence for each of the two playoff games. I don't think it's a fluke, Caldwell is a great OC. It will be interesting to see if he can make the pats D look as bad as we have seen them in the first half of the year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Since he was made OC of the ravens they have been on a tear. He set records on offence for each of the two playoff games. I don't think it's a fluke, Caldwell is a great OC. It will be interesting to see if he can make the pats D look as bad as we have seen them in the first half of the year.
    He is better in the Pro's then college.. Caldwell served as an assistant coach at the University of Iowa, Southern Illinois University, Northwestern, Colorado, Louisville, and Penn State before being named head coach at Wake Forest in 1993. He was the first African-American coach in the ACC.
    In eight years, Caldwell had a record of 26Ė63.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They lit up a Broncos D that was arguably the best in the league last week. Granted 2 of the TDs were kinda flukey, it was still a great showing. If Flacco plays like he did last week, and Rice doesn't fumble, Ravens should win since they are a much more talented team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    They lit up a Broncos D that was arguably the best in the league last week. Granted 2 of the TDs were kinda flukey, it was still a great showing. If Flacco plays like he did last week, and Rice doesn't fumble, Ravens should win since they are a much more talented team.
    And no Gronkowski today, right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's one thing the Ravens have on the Pats today.

BB is a creature of planning on what he sees, in film and whatnot.

There is very little film of the Ravens' offense with Jim Caldwell at the helm. That favors the Ravens.

Now, the Denver game there was a lot of luck involved, which the Ravens can't depend on. We'll see how both teams come out today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Caldwell will always have a special place in my heart b.c of that horrendous decision he and Polian made in 2009.

When the Ravens Offense is on the field, they have the advantage. When the Patriots Offense is on the field, they have the advantage. If the Ravens can do what they did last week then they will be fine. Run the ball just enough to keep the Pats honest and then exploit the secondary.

The key to this game for me is the pass rush on both teams. Ninkovich (who is the most underrated player in the NFL) and Jones for the Pats. Suggs and Kruger for the Ravens. Both QBs are playing very well, if someone can knock them off their game then they will win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Jim Caldwell will always have a special place in my heart b.c of that horrendous decision he and Polian made in 2009.

When the Ravens Offense is on the field, they have the advantage. When the Patriots Offense is on the field, they have the advantage. If the Ravens can do what they did last week then they will be fine. Run the ball just enough to keep the Pats honest and then exploit the secondary.

The key to this game for me is the pass rush on both teams. Ninkovich (who is the most underrated player in the NFL) and Jones for the Pats. Suggs and Kruger for the Ravens. Both QBs are playing very well, if someone can knock them off their game then they will win.
    Brady saw himself as Great after just 2 games.. Holy Rex Batman..

Tom Brady said ďIím going to be a great oneĒ after his second start
    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 18, 2013, 7:04 AM EST

Not many people thought Tom Brady was going to become an all-time great quarterback in 2001, when he first took over for an injured Drew Bledsoe. But Brady himself thought so.

Damon Huard, who was the Patriotsí third-string quarterback that year, recalled in an interview with ESPN.com that Brady told him after his second career start that he knew he was going to be great.

ďIíve been playing this game my whole life,Ē Brady told Huard. ďIíve started a couple games now, and itís the same game, man. Itís no different. I kid you not, itís not that hard. Iím going to be a great one. Iím going to be one of the best at this game.Ē

Itís pretty surprising Brady felt that way after that game. In that game, Brady went 12-for-24 for 86 yards and lost two fumbles while the Patriots lost 30-10.

But Brady saw something in himself that the rest of us didnít see. And he then embarked on a career that really has been great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are crazy. Brady be rollin'

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't think that 20 MPH (gusts 35) winds are going to affect the Ravens vertical passing attack a lot more Brady's ball control passing attack?

I think the pats play it straight against the runs and against the pass attack the middle of the line with Spikes and Hightower rotating Blitzing with Ninko dropping back into a zone on Flaccos Right . Jones needs to set the edge making Rice cut back into mayo.

I think the pats can make some noise in that gap between Birk and Osemele

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ravens should win since they are a much more talented team.
    Then how is a "much more talented" team a 9.5 point underdog?

Pats offense is significantly better than the Ravens and Pats defense is much better than the Ravens defense in creating turnovers.

There is no way the Ravens offense can score 30+ points today.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It one thing for Flacco to throw those meatballs down the field in the high altitude of Denver and another to do it in the swirling winds of Foxboro.

Besides, Caldwell's influence is overrated. I know his innovative style of "run, run, pass" that he used in the second half and overtime is only reserved for the most creative OCs like Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sparano, but can he continue to use such an innovative game plan and get away with it?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    In terms of points allowed, turnovers, and run defense baltimore's defense was one of the worst defenses left in the playoffs if not the worst. They also benefitted by Peyton Manning inexplicably not changing his snap count which you could decipher sitting at home.

As for as talent, the Pats arguably have much better talent than the Ravens. Most of the Ravens' talent are more name recognition than production.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    In terms of points allowed, turnovers, and run defense baltimore's defense was one of the worst defenses left in the playoffs if not the worst. They also benefitted by Peyton Manning inexplicably not changing his snap count which you could decipher sitting at home.

As for as talent, the Pats arguably have much better talent than the Ravens. Most of the Ravens' talent are more name recognition than production.
    How about no

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Then how is a "much more talented" team a 9.5 point underdog?

Pats offense is significantly better than the Ravens and Pats defense is much better than the Ravens defense in creating turnovers.

There is no way the Ravens offense can score 30+ points today.
    At least you were right about one thing.