Thread: Coaches on the Offense and Defense

Undrafted Free Agent

Coaches on the Offense and Defense

Hello all. Any word on more additions of coaches on offense and defense. You think the new coordinator will bring in his o line coach and another quaterback coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by KOZ57 View Post
    Hello all. Any word on more additions of coaches on offense and defense. You think the new coordinator will bring in his o line coach and another quaterback coach.
    We will definitely be getting a new QB coach b.c Cavanaugh was fired. I haven't heard anything about the other position coaches yet. They are probably being evaluated. I would not be surprised if we have an entirely new staff on offense. Personally, I hope we change our RBs coach. I would be OK with Lal coming back, everyone seemed to like him and he was working with literally nothing.

As for the defense, Thurman will be promoted to DC so we will be hiring a new secondary coach. We also will be hiring a new LB coach b.c Sutton left for KC as well as a new OLB coach b.c Smith left to coach in college. Dunbar will be back to coach the DL.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-20-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yes new about Cav. can't believe Bears signed him. Any thoughts who would be avail. Jim Zorn maybe?

I vote Gary Gibbs for LBs coach and Bryan Cox for OLB.
    Jeff Tedford for Asst HC/QBs

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I vote Gary Gibbs for LBs coach and Bryan Cox for OLB.
    Jeff Tedford for Asst HC/QBs
    We would have to move quick on Byran Cox Tampa is challenging for the laughing stock title..

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have gone from a dangerous team on the cusp of playoff contention to a laughing stock in a matter of four weeks. Linebackers coach Bryan Cox finds nothing funny about it, though.

Cox, a former NFL linebacker who was known throughout his career for his mean streak, grew furious while watching his team get its keister kicked by the Saints on Sunday. His frustration hit its peak after New Orleans started driving downfield — thanks in large part to a couple of penalties — following one of Josh Freeman‘s four interceptions. The result was a rather heated exchange between Cox and one of his players.

As Cox began to berate an official, linebacker Adam Hayward intervened, something Cox wasn’t too receptive to. He tossed Hayward’s arms to the side, at which point Hayward shoved the Tampa coach. Cox then gave Hayward a little finger-pointing treatment before the two were separated.

Losers of four straight, the Bucs now sit at 6-8. Head coach Greg Schiano might have even bigger issues, though, if he can’t get his team under control.
    Here's the video http://nesn.com/2012/12/adam-hayward...xchange-video/

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOZ57 View Post
    Maybe he will bring in Juan Castillo? Cavanaugh is in Chicago.

All Pro
    I believe Marty is normally OC and QB coach. Multitasking, but I'm sure he will bring many assistants since they all just got fired.