Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Fellow Jets Fans: Please Vote to Help My Synagogue Recover From Hurricane Sandy

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Fellow Jets Fans: Please Vote to Help My Synagogue Recover From Hurricane Sandy

    Want to help the recovery from Hurricane Sandy? Yeshiva University is donating $10,000 in seforim (religious books) to replenish the library of a Jewish institution hit by the hurricane, and my synagogue is on the list (we lost a tremendous amount, including Torah scrolls, and the community as a whole is struggling to rebuild). Please visit http://www.facebook.com/seforim/app_228910107186452, and vote for the Young Israel Oceanside .


    Votes - or publicizing to friends and neighbors for their votes - would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will vote. And I am so sorry for the difficulties that your synagogue is still facing.

    I also teach at Brooklyn College and once the semester starts I will ask my students to vote as well.

    All be well my friend
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-20-2013 at 11:27 AM.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Voted. Good luck.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to help but I refuse to sign up for a Facebook account, sorry.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,184
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Want to help the recovery from Hurricane Sandy? Yeshiva University is donating $10,000 in seforim (religious books) to replenish the library of a Jewish institution hit by the hurricane, and my synagogue is on the list (we lost a tremendous amount, including Torah scrolls, and the community as a whole is struggling to rebuild). Please visit http://www.facebook.com/seforim/app_228910107186452, and vote for the Young Israel Oceanside .


    Votes - or publicizing to friends and neighbors for their votes - would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!
    Just did, sorry to hear about this

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I'd love to help but I refuse to sign up for a Facebook account, sorry.
    Why?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    i gave at the office.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    25,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I'd love to help but I refuse to sign up for a Facebook account, sorry.
    Make up a fake one and vote. It's for a good cause.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am truly sorry to hear about the damage, and my comments are not directed at the OP, but...

    How dare Seforim make this a social media competition to increase page likes - as if social media savvy and popularity should determine who receives a donation.

    Seforim should be ashamed.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop spamming

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I'd love to help but I refuse to sign up for a Facebook account, sorry.
    Same here, I snub Facebook. Is there any other way to help? If you can tell me all the details without me having to go to Facebook I can publicize to a very sympathetic and generous group of people.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-20-2013 at 11:54 AM.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Why?
    I don't understand why people like Facebook and ill never use it. Yes I am very familiar with it, my girlfriend uses it all the time. I find it to be uninteresting.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I don't understand why people like Facebook and ill never use it. Yes I am very familiar with it, my girlfriend uses it all the time. I find it to be uninteresting.
    Yes.

    I find staying in touch with my family and friends to be very uninteresting as well.

    I prefer semaphore.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,953
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in .... I think ... Website acted up a bit



    Ljr

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,453
    Post Thanks / Like
    I voted. Hope it helps.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yes.

    I find staying in touch with my family and friends to be very uninteresting as well.

    I prefer semaphore.
    I prefer the phone.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I prefer the phone.
    Are you also scared of electronic mail?

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Done. I don't use facebook either but had my gf vote on her account. Been a while since I did anything "mitzvah"ish...even if it is a small one.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Are you also scared of electronic mail?
    I bet he would prefer a electric female..

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    done and done...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us