Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Fellow Jets Fans: Please Vote to Help My Synagogue Recover From Hurricane Sandy

  1. #1

    Fellow Jets Fans: Please Vote to Help My Synagogue Recover From Hurricane Sandy

    Want to help the recovery from Hurricane Sandy? Yeshiva University is donating $10,000 in seforim (religious books) to replenish the library of a Jewish institution hit by the hurricane, and my synagogue is on the list (we lost a tremendous amount, including Torah scrolls, and the community as a whole is struggling to rebuild). Please visit http://www.facebook.com/seforim/app_228910107186452, and vote for the Young Israel Oceanside .


    Votes - or publicizing to friends and neighbors for their votes - would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,448
    I will vote. And I am so sorry for the difficulties that your synagogue is still facing.

    I also teach at Brooklyn College and once the semester starts I will ask my students to vote as well.

    All be well my friend
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-20-2013 at 11:27 AM.

  3. #3
    Voted. Good luck.

  4. #4
    I'd love to help but I refuse to sign up for a Facebook account, sorry.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    6,187
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Want to help the recovery from Hurricane Sandy? Yeshiva University is donating $10,000 in seforim (religious books) to replenish the library of a Jewish institution hit by the hurricane, and my synagogue is on the list (we lost a tremendous amount, including Torah scrolls, and the community as a whole is struggling to rebuild). Please visit http://www.facebook.com/seforim/app_228910107186452, and vote for the Young Israel Oceanside .


    Votes - or publicizing to friends and neighbors for their votes - would be much appreciated!

    Thanks!
    Just did, sorry to hear about this

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,031
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I'd love to help but I refuse to sign up for a Facebook account, sorry.
    Why?

  7. #7
    i gave at the office.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I'd love to help but I refuse to sign up for a Facebook account, sorry.
    Make up a fake one and vote. It's for a good cause.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,515
    I am truly sorry to hear about the damage, and my comments are not directed at the OP, but...

    How dare Seforim make this a social media competition to increase page likes - as if social media savvy and popularity should determine who receives a donation.

    Seforim should be ashamed.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,619
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I'd love to help but I refuse to sign up for a Facebook account, sorry.
    Same here, I snub Facebook. Is there any other way to help? If you can tell me all the details without me having to go to Facebook I can publicize to a very sympathetic and generous group of people.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-20-2013 at 11:54 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Why?
    I don't understand why people like Facebook and ill never use it. Yes I am very familiar with it, my girlfriend uses it all the time. I find it to be uninteresting.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,031
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I don't understand why people like Facebook and ill never use it. Yes I am very familiar with it, my girlfriend uses it all the time. I find it to be uninteresting.
    Yes.

    I find staying in touch with my family and friends to be very uninteresting as well.

    I prefer semaphore.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,299
    I'm in .... I think ... Website acted up a bit



    Ljr

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,318
    I voted. Hope it helps.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yes.

    I find staying in touch with my family and friends to be very uninteresting as well.

    I prefer semaphore.
    I prefer the phone.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,031
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    I prefer the phone.
    Are you also scared of electronic mail?

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,114
    Done. I don't use facebook either but had my gf vote on her account. Been a while since I did anything "mitzvah"ish...even if it is a small one.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,274
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Are you also scared of electronic mail?
    I bet he would prefer a electric female..

  20. #20
    done and done...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us