Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

if it comes from fatcessa it's tainted. i doubt if anyone knows what idzik is going to do. if he is light on talent evaluation then he will bring in the guys that can do the job. he has an experienced staff in morhnigweg and ryan and they know how to win football games. there are some positives here. fatcessa would never bring them out.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    How is posting what I just heard on the radio 'schtick'?

Francesa stated this info came from inside the Jets organization.

SAR I

idzik is a Good hire.

SAR can just go pound sand....with his head.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I wanted a GM with significant player personnel experience. We have a GM that doesn't appear to have that.
    SAR I
    He was a part of the 3 man committee in Seattle that makes the personnel decisions. The decisions are made by Coach Carroll, John Schneider, and Idzik. The director of scouting plays a advisory role.

The Quote from Schneider on losing Idzik.
    “John is a well-respected, life-long football man who I believe will be a strong addition to the Jets organization,”

Life Long Football Man, not Cap Guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by New Jerzey Jet View Post
    has anyone else confirmed this?

edot: nvm I thought it said next week lol
    My sources have confirmed that, yes, it's true.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    In the full discussion, which you missed, Tubby said that a football executive, not from the Jets called him after his show Fri. to tell him some info about Idzik.
    The Jets proper gave him nothing except som talking points, so in his usual way just conflated facts with his opinion and sprinkled a few SOJF dopes like Ira on top.
    What about Ira?

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    He was a part of the 3 man committee in Seattle that makes the personnel decisions. The decisions are made by Coach Carroll, John Schneider, and Idzik. The director of scouting plays a advisory role.

The Quote from Schneider on losing Idzik.
    “John is a well-respected, life-long football man who I believe will be a strong addition to the Jets organization,”

Life Long Football Man, not Cap Guy.
    In my company, if the head of Operations needed rounding out to be groomed as a future CEO, he would spend 95% of his time executing his current job and 1% of his time as an observer in the role he is trying to get.

None of us know exactly how much time Idzik spent looking at players, but it is very hard to believe that he has significant recent experience to the tune of the other six GM's that were hired in the past 10 days.

He is our guy and we support him, but we can't prop him up to be something that he isn't. It certainly looks like there is going to be a large learning curve here.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I am going to be in the Keys for a week in the middle of February.

When can we get together?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    idzik is a Good hire.

Idzik is a "hire".

The Jets need a general manager who is fantastic at picking players, plain and simple. As a charter member of the Unicorns & Rainbows Coalition, you need to get your head out of the clouds and back down here on earth with the rest of us.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    idzik is a Good hire.

Can you say why he is a good hire?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Because members of the Unicorns & Rainbows Coalition won't have it any other way.

The sun is always shining, Rex Ryan is a great head coach, and we just hired the best GM, OC, and assistant coaching staff in the history of the NFL.

SAR I

Idzik is a "hire".

The Jets need a general manager who is fantastic at picking players, plain and simple. As a charter member of the Unicorns & Rainbows Coalition, you need to get your head out of the clouds and back down here on earth with the rest of us.

SAR I

I'll do that just as soon as you get your head out of your ass and come back to the REAL WORLD(a World that DOESN'T revolve around you or your opinions).

JERK.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Because he isn't Tannebaum or Cohen.

My belief is ANYONE that wasn't tainted by the SUCK of this franchise would be a MASSIVE improvement.

I'm willing to give this guy a shot and while he is more geared toward the Contract-aspect, he still has the experience of being a SUCCESSFUL Personnel guy so it's not going to be TOO MUCH of a "learning curve" as SAR stated.
    Last edited by Vin; 01-21-2013 at 10:26 PM.

I'll do that just as soon as you get your head out of your ass and come back to the REAL WORLD(a World that DOESN'T revolve around you or your opinions).

JERK.

You mad, bro? They run out of cotton candy in Unicorns & Rainbows Land?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    he is not. Scott is one of the most passionate, honest and committed Jets fans that I have ever met. I think he's on the wrong track this time, but in no way do the Jets failures float his boat.
    Dr. Evil's son?

In my company, if the head of Operations needed rounding out to be groomed as a future CEO, he would spend 95% of his time executing his current job and 1% of his time as an observer in the role he is trying to get.

None of us know exactly how much time Idzik spent looking at players, but it is very hard to believe that he has significant recent experience to the tune of the other six GM's that were hired in the past 10 days.

He is our guy and we support him, but we can't prop him up to be something that he isn't. It certainly looks like there is going to be a large learning curve here.

SAR I
    Present at the Senior Bowl practice today:

"The Jets’ contingent at practice consisted of Ryan, Idzik, assistant general manager Scott Cohen, director of football administration Ari Nissim, director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett and a number of scouts."

Holy Geezus, what is Ari Nissim doing at a college all star game. He is a cap man and should be locked in a room with numbers and formulas. We have a CAP CRISIS on our hands and he is out scouting???????

As anyone who doesnt simply want to be negative can see, football administration personnel are involved in scouting, plain and simple.

There is simply no way to tell if David Caldwell will have better draft success then John Idzik (see scott pioli). But to say he is a "cap guy" is just ridiculous. Go tweet cimini

Idzik is a "hire".

SAR I
    You do not speak for the rest of us. You speak for the Fringe pathetic sojfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    What about Ira?
    Spot On...He was very cordial to Ira when Ira called in...Mehta had Pettine, Fatcessa has Ira

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

"The Jets’ contingent at practice consisted of Ryan, Idzik, assistant general manager Scott Cohen, director of football administration Ari Nissim, director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett and a number of scouts."

Holy Geezus, what is Ari Nissim doing at a college all star game. He is a cap man and should be locked in a room with numbers and formulas. We have a CAP CRISIS on our hands and he is out scouting???????

As anyone who doesnt simply want to be negative can see, football administration personnel are involved in scouting, plain and simple.

There is simply no way to tell if David Caldwell will have better draft success then John Idzik (see scott pioli). But to say he is a "cap guy" is just ridiculous. Go tweet cimini
    why do you pick out 1 guy out of the group?? do you have a problem w the rest of the guys there?? lets stop nitpicking here please....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Like everyone else, I hope the Jets made a great hire. Perhaps on Thursday when we hear him speak we'll all have a good comfort level.

But until then, we go by his record and his record shows that 11 years ago he helped the Tampa Bay Bucs towards a Championship but then was removed from that side of the business and has been focusing on operations and cap management.

I'd have been far more comfortable with a up-and-comer currently in a player personnel role, but when you're 7th out of 7 GM openings to be filled you take what you can get.

SAR I

Idzik's words are irrelevant. It would be foolish in the extreme to make a judgement of any kind based on what a new GM says in an introductory press conference.

Only his forthcoming actions will matter.