Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

You mad, bro? They run out of cotton candy in Unicorns & Rainbows Land?

SAR I

Wake me when you grow the fuk up. Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Speaking for myself, if Idzik says the following two things I'll be a lot more comfortable with the hire than I am today:

Question: "They say you're a cap guy. Do you have any experience picking players? Who in Seattle did you get behind in a big way and pick?"

Idzik: "I was involved deeply in the ____, and ____ drafts and I personally got behind _______, and ________ and insisted that we take them. Ask my GM or Coach Carroll, they'll back that up."

Question: "It appears that for the past four years the Jets had a 'committe' approach to picking players with the HC heavily involved and possibly having final say. Who will have final say on all personnel matters now?"

Idzik: "Me."

SAR I
    "Asked and answered. During my interview the result of which is I'm here".

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    What about Ira?
    He represents my fandom as much as the ex-mascot or any SOJF jerk does, which is not in any way shape or form, past present or future.

Some people get off on seeing their threads accumulate posts. No one here had probably ever heard the mans name before and we are supposed to trust the number 1 most Jets haters on this? Just because you say its so?

Question: "They say you're a cap guy. Do you have any experience picking players? Who in Seattle did you get behind in a big way and pick?"
    Who are "they"? If "they" is Francessa, Ira and you SAR, he doesn;t really have to answer to you three.

His resume speaks for itself, and thats the only answer he should (IMO) give the NY Media Jackels.

Question: "It appears that for the past four years the Jets had a 'committe' approach to picking players with the HC heavily involved and possibly having final say. Who will have final say on all personnel matters now?"

Idzik: "Me."

SAR I
    All teams choose players by committee SAR. You may not like it, you may try and deny it, but every team takes input from their Coach and Coachign staff as to whom to aquire. Every single one, even those with the perceived "strongest" GM's.

The real question is not "who picks the players" but "who has final say in times of a disagreement". And that should be the GM.

And I'm willing to be it is, based on already made statements by the Owner, who outranks both GM and Coach. "The GM picks the players, the Coach picks the coaching staff". Seems clear cut and already answered to me, all thats left is for folks to call woody a liar over it.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn212 View Post
    under mangini/tanny regime jets were above avg to good drafting team...

Nough said
    uhh have to strongly disagree.. Revis is obviously the best pick under them..but they did have to trade up for him (means losing other picks) and he was suppose to be picked earlier so it wasnt a hard pick..but credit MT for trading up.. Maybe that pick made them cocky and then the blueprint was "always trade up" given up a lot of picks. Always trading up,never trading down.. no one kept score of all the valuable picks that were lost by trading up..

In 06 Mangini/MT picked Dbrick #4 over veron davis #6.. smart to pick a lineman but to pass up a TE like Davis and some other very good players, not a great pick at #4 overall..

2 years later in 08 Was a terrible draft by MT/mangini.. 1st round 1 of the biggest busts ever in Golston #6 overall..Joe Flaco and much better talent behind him.. Then they once again traded up end of the 1st to pick keller. Keller is not a bad pick but hes small for a TE, basically a big slot WR who cant block and isnt a huge target a TE should be.. Had we taken Vernon Davis over Dbrick, obviously wouldnt have taken Keller..Prob take a RB. And The talent of Rbs taken in 2nd round of 08 was amazing. (yes I just looked this up) ray rice, Desean Jackson, Matt Forte..all were taken right after the 2nd round pick Jets traded away... If we had 1 of those guys... I know we had Tjones but he wasnt going to be long term at his age.. Wouldnt have hurt having 1 of those guys ease their way in.. I know im playing revisionist but id rather have

Flaco
    Veron davis
    Ray rice or Forte

over

drick
    golston
    keller

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    uhh have to strongly disagree.. Revis is obviously the best pick under them..but they did have to trade up for him (means losing other picks) and he was suppose to be picked earlier so it wasnt a hard pick..but credit MT for trading up.. Maybe that pick made them cocky and then the blueprint was "always trade up" given up a lot of picks. Always trading up,never trading down.. no one kept score of all the valuable picks that were lost by trading up..

In 06 Mangini/MT picked Dbrick #4 over veron davis #6.. smart to pick a lineman but to pass up a TE like Davis and some other very good players, not a great pick at #4 overall..

2 years later in 08 Was a terrible draft by MT/mangini.. 1st round 1 of the biggest busts ever in Golston #6 overall..Joe Flaco and much better talent behind him.. Then they once again traded up end of the 1st to pick keller. Keller is not a bad pick but hes small for a TE, basically a big slot WR who cant block and isnt a huge target a TE should be.. Had we taken Vernon Davis over Dbrick, obviously wouldnt have taken Keller..Prob take a RB. And The talent of Rbs taken in 2nd round of 08 was amazing. (yes I just looked this up) ray rice, Desean Jackson, Matt Forte..all were taken right after the 2nd round pick Jets traded away... If we had 1 of those guys... I know we had Tjones but he wasnt going to be long term at his age.. Wouldnt have hurt having 1 of those guys ease their way in.. I know im playing revisionist but id rather have

Flaco
    Veron davis
    Ray rice or Forte

over

drick
    golston
    keller
    Yes, you are right, it is revisionist history...plus we shouldn't have a problem w the d'brick move, he's been solid overall, LT are a need to build a solid line...we were stuck drafting gholston, he was the viewed by many as the best pick available...

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Yes, you are right, it is revisionist history...plus we shouldn't have a problem w the d'brick move, he's been solid overall, LT are a need to build a solid line...we were stuck drafting gholston, he was the viewed by many as the best pick available...
    I didnt mean to play revisionist, I hate that.. My point meant to be about calling MT/mangini about being good drafters. And how given up picks has caught up with the Jets.. They cant get a bad grade for a pick they didnt get to make, because they gave it away.. I blame that on MT, because he did that after Mangini left also..He was a bad GM so he knew he couldnt pick the hard picks in the later rounds, he traded them away to pick the more "obvious" picks in the earlier rounds.. Meanwhile the smart GM who traded down, Greenbay for instance has made good use of extra picks..
    But about Dbrick.. I didnt like the pick then.. #4 overall just seems to low to pick a lineman unless he is going to be an allpro force every year.. Dbrick is solid your right, but not exactly all pro. Know hes made 1 or 2... With 2 picks at #6 and #4 Jets failed to daft that impact player that are always available at that draft position..

Idzik is a business guy. Never picked a player in his life.

No other NFL team wanted Idzik, interviewed him, or had him on their radar.

Jets interview process included no football men. Woody, Korn/Ferry, Glat. This is a business hire not a football hire.

Jets will not change Tannenbaums draft staff.

Idzik told he makes the Rex Ryan decision next season, has authority to fire him.

SAR I
    All jets fans should hate Fatcessa only time he liked us is when we had parcells. he constantly trashes the jets no matter what

Veteran
    I stopped listening regularly after Chris left because his arrogance became apparent. But what annoyed me the most was his agenda against the WSS. It was so blatant! Why would he care that the Jets would get instant popularity playing in Manhattan? Because his beloved Giants would lose their hold on NYC? Please..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 01-23-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post

Flaco
    Veron davis
    Ray rice or Forte

over

drick
    golston
    keller
    Vernon Davis at 4? Are you kidding? You think the Jets should have taken Vernon Davis based on revisionist history? Vernon Davis has had 1 great year in the NFL in 7 seasons, 2 seasons where he broke 800 yards, 2 seasons where he had more than 60 catches. Over the course of his career he averages about 42 Yard per game, Keller averages about 40 yards per game.

he's basically Owen Daniels.