Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yesterday's news stories were criticized because it was deemed 'speculation'.

Today's news come from sources inside the Jets organization and its deemed 'sensationalism'.

Make up your minds.

SAR I
    LOL at the thought that Fatscessa has 'sources' in the Jets organization. That's a hoot. That's why he broke the news of Idzik being hired before the formal announcement, right? Not. Oh wait, he's close with Tannenbaum, right? HA HA HA HA HA
    you must really be in pain now sar. The Jets made a solid decision and you can't stand it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Idzik told he makes the Rex Ryan decision next season, has authority to fire him.
    has anyone else confirmed this?

edot: nvm I thought it said next week lol
    Last edited by New Jerzey Jet; 01-20-2013 at 12:09 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    amazing you only quote the possible negatives that Francesa stated!!...he went on for 5 minutes talking about the positives of the hire..but lets not talk about that!!!???...and they have in essence changed tannys scouting staff they got rid of tanny who if your honest(and your not) francesa stated Tanny did everything rex wanted!!! under mangini/tanny regime jets were above avg to good drafting team...so by removing rex from the process you will probably BASED ON FACTS AND PAST RESULTS see an improvement in drafting..
    I did not hear the full interview, nor am I saying Idzik can't grow into a great GM.

I posted a very big positive (from my perspective) which is that Idkiz has been told that he has the power to fire Rex Ryan next season if he wishes. That's a huge relief.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It doesn't seem like the Jets have a problem in identifying talent, it seems their problem is in persuading decision makers and following through (eg Russell Wilsoon). I would still love to know the full story behind Clinkscales departure.
    The new GM of the Raiders Reggie McKenzie was Clinkscales friend and roommate in college..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    This cannot be true when it was reported that Bill Polian was a part of the Interview process.

In every truth, there's a lie, the process is to figure out the Lie and ignore it. You ate the whole story including the lie.
    Perhaps instead of "process" he meant "the final interview" or "the group that made the final decision".

My take is that Jets sources told him that no football personnel men were involved in the decision, just the business-arm of the organization.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The new GM of the Raiders Reggie McKenzie was Clinkscales friend and roommate in college..
    So he moved across the country to work with him? For the Raiders?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    You're making this board really tough to read, Scott. And this is coming from someone who usually can enjoy your schtick.
    +1. Usually enjoy the SAR I character but lately it's not as well executed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So he moved across the country to work with him? For the Raiders?
    Apparently so plus it was time for a change.. He was looking to leave last year..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I am sure there was some precipitating disagreement (as rumors attested to) sparking the move. One does not simply pick up and move across country without a very good reason. Everyone is friends with everyone in this business anyway. And BTW complaining that this is a 'business' move not a football move is pretty funny, the NFL is nothing but a business, a huge one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I have to admit I feel the same way. I usually come to this board every day and typically enjoy SAR I hating (to some degree), it's kind of fun. But this is just annoying at this point. It's beyond obvious an no longer enjoyable.

If this matters to anyone running the site (I can't imagine one regular user will) I will be visiting this site MUCH less often and frequenting the many other sources for Jets news.
    I posted something I thought was important new-news: That a Jets source gave information to a 30+ year NY reporter with some important tidbits that were both negative (cap guy) and positive (can fire Rex).

I fail to see how honestly relaying information on a discussion forum designed for that type of dialog is annoying or disrespectful to the group. If Francesa had reported that the ghost of Bill Walsh told him this guy was the best thing to ever happen to the Jets, I'd have posted that as well.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    All I need to know about Francesa and his agenda against the Jets is how he *****ed that the Jets would never give him access to players for his show.

He was "scorned" by the bad ol Jets and since then he's been spewing nothing more than propaganda, lies and hate torwards the Jets Organization, he's playing the victim to drive up his ratings.

He's a useful listen for two things Yankee baseball & horse racing otherwise its not worth listening to his babble.

Botom line here's a guy who bashes everything and anything the Jets do and yet he puts Lawernce Taylor on a pedestal. Tells me all I need to know about this blowhard.
    You give Fatcesa waaaayyyyy too much credit.

If he was the last broadcaster on earth, I'd just talk to myself, as opposed to listening to anything coming out of his mouth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anyone out there who thinks Francessa is objective when it comes to the Jets? Anyone?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted something I thought was important new-news: That a Jets source gave information to a 30+ year NY reporter with some important tidbits that were both negative (cap guy) and positive (can fire Rex).

I fail to see how honestly relaying information on a discussion forum designed for that type of dialog is annoying or disrespectful to the group. If Francesa had reported that the ghost of Bill Walsh told him this guy was the best thing to ever happen to the Jets, I'd have posted that as well.

SAR I
    Oooooooh you're so disingenous, Mr. 'confirms it all'.
    Bolded part, at least there is some truth to what you say.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-20-2013 at 12:16 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    SAR believes francesa over nfl superbowl winning coach dungy who loved the hire...thats all you need to know..
    Francesa knows people in the Jets organization who have always given him reliable and accurate information.

You may not like his delivery, but one can't question his sources. Can't recall a single Jets source being contradictory to what he broadcasted, can't recall a single situation where he quoted someone inside the organization who gave him a lead turned out to be inaccurate and I've been listing to him since the mid-80's.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Oooooooh you're so disingenous, 'confirms it all'.
    Bolded part, at least there is some truth to what you say.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Might have something to do with the fact, over the last three months you have said the same thing over and over and over. You have said it in 39 different ways, but it always sends the same message. You hate Rex Ryan. We know.
    My hate for Rex Ryan has nothing to do with the fact that Mike Francesa gave us new-news from inside the Jets organization this morning.

In fact, if I was trying to be a d-ck my subject line would have been "Woo Hoo! Idzik Can Fire Rex Ryan! Yes!" but I didn't do that.

And from the "saying it over and over" department, just how do you think it sounds to realistic Jets fans to hear the "we're going 12-4" and "your a SOJF" and "the media is out to get us!" stuff over and over and over and over.

There are two ways to look at recent events. The pessimistic point of view does not need to take a back seat to the optimistic view. This isn't a fanclub. This is a discussion forum. We're supposed to discuss, not shut points of view down.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Francesa knows people in the Jets organization who have always given him reliable and accurate information.

You may not like his delivery, but one can't question his sources. Can't recall a single Jets source being contradictory to what he broadcasted, can't recall a single situation where he quoted someone inside the organization who gave him a lead turned out to be inaccurate and I've been listing to him since the mid-80's.

SAR I
    He has an agenda with the Jets and likes to get the fans riled up but I agree with you. He has been pretty spot on when it comes to sources and reporting on the Jets... Just lately it is hard to determine when he is quoting sources or spouting off his opinion. His dislike for the team is eating away at his credibility because the listener is having a hard time between deciphering his opinion vs his reporting...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Did he report that Idzik will have all say on final personnel decisions? As reported by Albert Breer, and contrary to what he has been stating

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR, who did you want for GM? I think your are on-board with Gamble and/or Caldwell but I do not want to put words in your mouth.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Name them.....

$100 bucks says you can't because as usual, you have no clue.....