Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I know, but some day I'd love to hear that confirmed. People don't just pick up and move across the country to work for a friend.

Someone like Tanny with no football knowledge would not only enable Rex's meddling but likely encourage it. The remark at the presser that the GM will be responsible for personnnel decisions and Rex for coaching positions was very telling. To think that Idzik will roll over and let Rex call the shots that way and call him Tanny 2.0 is absurd
    cmpletely agree. This thread really got under my skin due to the blind belief that Francessa isn't full of crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does everybody know the real story of what happened between Fatty and the Jets?

Here is how I understand it. I might be wrong but this is what I have gathered from listening to Fatty talk about it.

The Jets made a deal with ESPN radio and pulled all their players from his program. He used to interview Jets players all the time. Before that, he questioned Woody's ability to get the WSS built which is why Woody stopped talking to him. One of the only reasons why he still got interviews with players was b.c he had a decent relationship with Tanny but that ended when the Jets pulled their players from his program. And it wasn't that they pulled the players from WFAN. They only pulled them from Fatty b.c ESPN did not want them on his show b.c he was their main competitor. Players were still allowed on with Boomer and Carton as well as Joe and Evan. During that same time was the Indy game in 2009 after which Fatty spent an entire show bashing the Jets for taking credit for getting a gift from Indy. That was the icing on the cake and the relationship has been hostile ever since.

Fatty was invited to TC in 2011 (or was it 2010?) IIRC but I think the Revis interview in 2011 (which Revis' agent put together b.c they are friendly with Fatty) was the final nail in the coffin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    All we need to know about Francesa is this.

If the NYG ownership had hired Korn Ferry, had Polian in the room for the interviews and had taken a couple of weeks to pick a GM, the Fat Man would be singing the franchise's praises about how the NYG do things the right way, and so on.
    exactly. That people refuse to acknowledge the obvious is just mind boggling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    I'm convinced SAR=patsfantx
    he is not. Scott is one of the most passionate, honest and committed Jets fans that I have ever met. I think he's on the wrong track this time, but in no way do the Jets failures float his boat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over time, certain things become apparent:

Some posters seem to lose their objectivity on forums when they perceive that they have successfully become a "character" that other posters will recognize and react to...

This leads to threads they start automatically getting great response and great interest...

These posters then gain some level of importance in their own minds which I'll admit must be gratifying...

Ray-Ray plays the supremely optimistic Jet fan, and hence becomes "Rah-Rah"...

SAR I plays the exact opposite, and becomes "SORE I"...

It seems to be mostly schtick at this point, and I believe that they have lost credibility...

As for the Idzik issue...

Did the Jets not need a "cap" guy?

Are they not in "cap hell?"

So Idzik has great cap skill, isn't that what the Jets need?

He DOES also have some football experience and some personnel background, so he is NOT another Tannenbaum, who had zero football experience...

Do we know how many "picks" the other interviewees actually made? Did Gamble ever make an NFL draft pick?

Also, conversely, if Idzik were strictly a personnel guy, wouldn't he need a cap guy as well?

It seems to me that IDZIK has a good combination of what the Jets need, and I trust that he, as a GM, will bring in people who can help him in areas he feels he may be weak in...

So, what is the problem?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    I'm convinced SAR=patsfantx
    I actually have gotten to know Mike (PatsFanTX) very well over the years....don't insult the man by thinking that he is SAR.

Mike has forgotten more about football then SAR will ever know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Over time, certain things become apparent:

Some posters seem to lose their objectivity on forums when they perceive that they have successfully become a "character" that other posters will recognize and react to...

This leads to threads they start automatically getting great response and great interest...

These posters then gain some level of importance in their own minds which I'll admit must be gratifying...

Ray-Ray plays the supremely optimistic Jet fan, and hence becomes "Rah-Rah"...

SAR I plays the exact opposite, and becomes "SORE I"...

It seems to be mostly schtick at this point, and I believe that they have lost credibility...

As for the Idzik issue...

Did the Jets not need a "cap" guy?

Are they not in "cap hell?"

So Idzik has great cap skill, isn't that what the Jets need?

He DOES also have some football experience and some personnel background, so he is NOT another Tannenbaum, who had zero football experience...

Do we know how many "picks" the other interviewees actually made? Did Gamble ever make an NFL draft pick?

Also, conversely, if Idzik were strictly a personnel guy, wouldn't he need a cap guy as well?

It seems to me that IDZIK has a good combination of what the Jets need, and I trust that he, as a GM, will bring in people who can help him in areas he feels he may be weak in...

So, what is the problem?
    for some, the problem is that Francessa hasn't given Idzik his ass-hat seal of approval. He is playing the role of radio Daily News. Pissed off Jets fans inflate ratings. We are so gullible.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fatty is just very bitter because, like stated, the jets don't talk to him anymore. Why should they. He rips them any chance he gets and is a clear giants homer as well as Yankees.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Although I am new here, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that with over 38,000 posts that the author of this thread doesn't have much of a life outside of this website. As far as Francesa goes, he's pretty much thought of here as a blowhard too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not on any other NFL teams radar for a GM job.

That was the quote.

SAR I
    No, your quote was "no other NFL team wanted Idzik." He was employed by an NFL team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me get this straight:

It's better to fire Mike Tannenbaum, hire a Tannenbaum-like clone, and keep Tannenbaum's scouting/draft staff that got us into this mess...

...than....

....to fire Mike Tannenbaum, bring in a true GM personnel expert, throw out Tannenbaum's staff, and move forward as a well-oiled machine?

News flash: The unicorns and rainbows on your bedroom wallpaper aren't real.

SAR I
    Idzik needs to be able to say NO to Rex and listen to his personnel/scouting dept..Something Tannenbaum apparently couldn't do consistently enough...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    If true, SOJ. So fire Tannenbaum, but keep the rest of the confederacy of dunces? Well done, lads.

At a minimum, how is Bradway still employed by the Jets? Jezus-H.
    Think that Bradway will be fired the week after the Draft in April, seems to be the custom in the NFL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I have to admit I feel the same way. I usually come to this board every day and typically enjoy SAR I hating (to some degree), it's kind of fun. But this is just annoying at this point. It's beyond obvious an no longer enjoyable.

If this matters to anyone running the site (I can't imagine one regular user will) I will be visiting this site MUCH less often and frequenting the many other sources for Jets news.
    Enjoy yourself. Prediction you'll come back humble and weeping. It's that bad

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    No, your quote was "no other NFL team wanted Idzik." He was employed by an NFL team.
    Imagine if they had gone wiith Poop?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    amazing you only quote the possible negatives that Francesa stated!!...he went on for 5 minutes talking about the positives of the hire..but lets not talk about that!!!???...and they have in essence changed tannys scouting staff they got rid of tanny who if your honest(and your not) francesa stated Tanny did everything rex wanted!!! under mangini/tanny regime jets were above avg to good drafting team...so by removing rex from the process you will probably BASED ON FACTS AND PAST RESULTS see an improvement in drafting..
    +10... Sar is a just a blowhard troll jets hater..until rex is gone..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    he is not. Scott is one of the most passionate, honest and committed Jets fans that I have ever met. I think he's on the wrong track this time, but in no way do the Jets failures float his boat.
    I agree, but this endless agenda pushing is ridiculous. He has an opinion, we get it. We don't need to be reminded every 5 minutes of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I am not completely agreeing with SAR or Fatty but I think "other" does not include his current team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Does everybody know the real story of what happened between Fatty and the Jets?

Here is how I understand it. I might be wrong but this is what I have gathered from listening to Fatty talk about it.

The Jets made a deal with ESPN radio and pulled all their players from his program. He used to interview Jets players all the time. Before that, he questioned Woody's ability to get the WSS built which is why Woody stopped talking to him. One of the only reasons why he still got interviews with players was b.c he had a decent relationship with Tanny but that ended when the Jets pulled their players from his program. And it wasn't that they pulled the players from WFAN. They only pulled them from Fatty b.c ESPN did not want them on his show b.c he was their main competitor. Players were still allowed on with Boomer and Carton as well as Joe and Evan. During that same time was the Indy game in 2009 after which Fatty spent an entire show bashing the Jets for taking credit for getting a gift from Indy. That was the icing on the cake and the relationship has been hostile ever since.

Fatty was invited to TC in 2011 (or was it 2010?) IIRC but I think the Revis interview in 2011 (which Revis' agent put together b.c they are friendly with Fatty) was the final nail in the coffin.
    Yes, this rant poisoned the well for Rex and the rest of the NYJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jdEb5zxL4

One more quick point. When Fatty was ranting about how "contractual obligations" were keeping the Jets off his show, Cotchery had a regular spot with Joe and Evan.

When Fatty went on vacation and Joe and Evan filled in on "Miked Up," guess who appeared on "Miked Up" as a guest? Cotchery.

Contractual obligation? Cotchery appeared on "Miked Up."

Another lie. No Jets wanted to go his show because he's a biased blowhard.

Fatty's a liar.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 01-20-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik is a business guy. Never picked a player in his life.

No other NFL team wanted Idzik, interviewed him, or had him on their radar.

Jets interview process included no football men. Woody, Korn/Ferry, Glat. This is a business hire not a football hire.

Jets will not change Tannenbaums draft staff.

Idzik told he makes the Rex Ryan decision next season, has authority to fire him.

SAR I
    You must never get laid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I agree, but this endless agenda pushing is ridiculous. He has an opinion, we get it. We don't need to be reminded every 5 minutes of it.
    Hey shut your fook up