Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Where does it say that a Jets source gave Francessa a single item in this? Francessa listened to the Jets presser after the season and claimed he heard things that Rex never said. I'm going to trust a single word of this? He continues to push the idea to his listeners that the Jets hired a numbers guy who hasn't got a clue, shocking. Got to love the idea that a guy who can't get a scrub from the Jets to come on his show has deep insight into the running of the Jets organization.

This thread is like the countless other Jets are a mess SAR threads. It's obvious when all you quote, all you fixate on is the negative parts of a rant or an article.

Only difference is he has Francessa saying what he usually says, his way of reposting the same message and then differing the blame to Francessa for the same tired old rant.

While continuing to ruin this board.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-20-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    SAR, who did you want for GM? I think your are on-board with Gamble and/or Caldwell but I do not want to put words in your mouth.
    I had no opinion at all, still don't. I don't follow the comings and goings of the front offices of the NFC West.

I just wanted a guy who had significant player personnel experience or an all-in-one type like a Bill Cowher or an Andy Reid.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    And would have had another HC job by now
    I think he would have gotten a job. I am not sure if that would have been a HC.

Either way, if he got another job, there are typically offsets in the contracts of coaches that prevent them from collecting from two jobs. So Woody would have been off the hook for his salary.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The Jets will pay a team of scouts and personnel men, talent evaluators and coahces to identify players for this team. Idzik needs to know football and personnel, but the idea that he needs to be the best "talent evaluator" on the staff is ridiculous. He will make final decisions after hearing all input, he'll look at things like how much investment we're making in certain areas of the team (i.e. do we have too much $ tied up in the secondary, not enough in other phases?)

The CIO of an IT department needs to understand technology, finances, management and tech trends. He doesn't need to sit around dissecting javascript:void(0) lines all day in order to successfully run a 100 person IT shop.

Relax guys, Idzik seems like a really good fit at this point. Obviously we'll need to wait and see.
    I can't believe SAR needs this spelled out for him like this.

I think the Jets are fantastically lucky to have this guy on board. I have been extremely critical of Woody but I give him major props for this process and decision.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Name them.....

$100 bucks says you can't because as usual, you have no clue.....
    I'm going to be in the Keys for a week next month. Let's do lunch.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    This cannot be true when it was reported that Bill Polian was a part of the Interview process.

In every truth, there's a lie, the process is to figure out the Lie and ignore it. You ate the whole story including the lie.
    I heard it reported that Polian was in the room.

Francesa's lies are legendary. Where do I start?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLWcFYaS8A

"a lotta championships." Again, someone explain why this is a person whose opinions we should take seriously.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

The board is fine. Not everyone will agree with everything but at least the conversations have been civil.

Thanks to the mod who is responsible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Idzik is a business guy. Never picked a player in his life.

No other NFL team wanted Idzik, interviewed him, or had him on their radar.

Jets interview process included no football men. Woody, Korn/Ferry, Glat. This is a business hire not a football hire.

Jets will not change Tannenbaums draft staff.

Idzik told he makes the Rex Ryan decision next season, has authority to fire him.

SAR I
    Francessa has an agenda and you buy in hook line and sinker.

Idzik had no input on personnel? False.
    Korn/Ferry did not consider football implications of its recommendations? False. ANd Korn/Ferry did a freaking great job for Seattle so they have an established track record.
    No football man input? False. Rex had input and he's a football guy.
    Idzik won't be bringing in new talent evaluators? I call bullsht on that one. Francessa has already been exposed as a liar many times over through the years. That you rely on and endorse what he says makes you look... well, I hate to say it, because I almost always respect your football opinions and generally agree with you. But on this one, your brain has just fallen off a cliff.

Idzik told he makes the Rex Ryan decision next season, has authority to fire him.

SAR I
    What a news breaker that Francessa is. Atleast when Manish Mehta has sources they are atleast imaginary. Francessa's sources come directly from his brain.

Mike Francessa knows very little about the Jets or the NFL. The more you listen to him and I haven't in years. The more, you see how much of a blow hard he is. If I asked Mike Francessa to name 20 players on the Jets, their numbers and colleges that they played at. I guarantee you he wouldn't be able to give it to me. He's never in tune with the league, has no credibility, has never been a football man. His predictions are weak and he lacks general football knowledge. "Tom Brady carved up that defense" is not enlightening nor ground breaking.

Just like Francessa's so callled revelations. The fact that you Sar form your negative opinions(yawn) based on a blow hard who has no knowledge shows where you are coming from.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Where does it say that a Jets source gave Francessa a single item in this? Francessa listened to the Jets presser after the season and claimed he heard things that Rex never said. I'm going to trust a single word of this? He continues to push the idea to his listeners that the Jets hired a numbers guy who hasn't got a clue, shocking. Got to love the idea that a guy who can't get a scrub from the Jets to come on his show has deep insight into the running of the Jets organization.

This thread is like the countless other Jets are a mess SAR threads. It's obvious when all you quote, all you fixate on is the negative parts of a rant or an article.

Only difference is he has Francessa saying what he usually says, his way of reposting the same message and then differing the blame to Francessa for the same tired old rant.

You think we forgot what you did to us last summer?

Think again.

We liked it when the Jets clearly were losers at Halloween and you disappeared between Thanksgiving and New Year's. Great Jets fan, you are, calling loyal fans and season ticket holders into question as if you have the right.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    You're making this board really tough to read, Scott. And this is coming from someone who usually can enjoy your schtick.
    +1. This one defies all logic.

Hall Of Fame
    I had no opinion at all, still don't. I don't follow the comings and goings of the front offices of the NFC West.

I just wanted a guy who had significant player personnel experience or an all-in-one type like a Bill Cowher or an Andy Reid.

SAR I
    Fair enough.

I think everyone wanted a candidate that was a "personnel guy" first. And I have to admit, I do have some questions about Idzik which is why I haven't expressed an opinion on the hire yet. But he does have some personnel experience and if Fatty is right, he has all the power he needs.

I think this draft will be very telling. I think it will be obvious if Rex is picking the players.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    SAR believes francesa over nfl superbowl winning coach dungy who loved the hire...thats all you need to know..
    +1

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I can't believe SAR needs this spelled out for him like this.

I think the Jets are fantastically lucky to have this guy on board. I have been extremely critical of Woody but I give him major props for this process and decision.
    Let me get this straight:

It's better to fire Mike Tannenbaum, hire a Tannenbaum-like clone, and keep Tannenbaum's scouting/draft staff that got us into this mess...

...than....

....to fire Mike Tannenbaum, bring in a true GM personnel expert, throw out Tannenbaum's staff, and move forward as a well-oiled machine?

News flash: The unicorns and rainbows on your bedroom wallpaper aren't real.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    If true, SOJ. So fire Tannenbaum, but keep the rest of the confederacy of dunces? Well done, lads.

At a minimum, how is Bradway still employed by the Jets? Jezus-H.
    Because Bradway, as bad a GM as he was, has experience and some acumen in evaluating talent. Frankly, I'd dump him and whatever else was there and rope in new talent evaluators, but that's going to take some time and it would be unwise to deplete the scouting staff until others are lined up to take over. It takes some time to find the "right" others. Relax and be patient with this people.

Has Idzik been in a position to make personnel moves in his career?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think he would have gotten a job. I am not sure if that would have been a HC.

Either way, if he got another job, there are typically offsets in the contracts of coaches that prevent them from collecting from two jobs. So Woody would have been off the hook for his salary.
    I could make a list 10 pages long of HCs who got 2nd HCing jobs with MUCH weaker resumes than Rex. Why the hell wouldn't he get another gig?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we all know this is only a business venture for woody.

this sets up the ineviteable failure and the sale of the team to the la based firm.

psls season tickets will be worthless when the jets pull an art modell and move this team to la.
    just plain stupid. Yah... Jets will walk away from the Stadium cash cow and move to a venue that has never been able to support the NFL. I nominate this as one of your top 5 stupid posts GMC.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    What a news breaker that Francessa is. Atleast when Manish Mehta has sources they are atleast imaginary. Francessa's sources come directly from his brain.

Mike Francessa knows very little about the Jets or the NFL. The more you listen to him and I haven't in years. The more, you see how much of a blow hard he is. If I asked Mike Francessa to name 20 players on the Jets, their numbers and colleges that they played at. I guarantee you he wouldn't be able to give it to me. He's never in tune with the league, has no credibility, has never been a football man. His predictions are weak and he lacks general football knowledge. "Tom Brady carved up that defense" is not enlightening nor ground breaking.

Just like Francessa's so callled revelations. The fact that you Sar form your negative opinions(yawn) based on a blow hard who has no knowledge shows where you are coming from.
    He sounds passably knowledgeable when he's just spouting stuff with no one responding, but as soon as for instance, there is a knowlegeable guest on his yawning chasm of ignorance is exposed. He throws out non-sequitur football-y sounding platitudes like a know it all blowhard on a barstool at the bar. "Oh their O line is really weak". Oooh major, if irrelevant, revelation to the conversation.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Francessa has an agenda and you buy in hook line and sinker.

Idzik had no input on personnel? False.
    Korn/Ferry did not consider football implications of its recommendations? False. ANd Korn/Ferry did a freaking great job for Seattle so they have an established track record.
    No football man input? False. Rex had input and he's a football guy.
    Idzik won't be bringing in new talent evaluators? I call bullsht on that one. Francessa has already been exposed as a liar many times over through the years. That you rely on and endorse what he says makes you look... well, I hate to say it, because I almost always respect your football opinions and generally agree with you. But on this one, your brain has just fallen off a cliff.
    Give me examples where Mike Francesa has quoted members inside the Jets organization and was proven to be a liar and/or making up stories and/or being told untruths.

Because I've been listening for years and I don't recall any of it.

SAR I