Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    WHile I quote SAR1 here, this is for everyone.

What are you trying to accomplish? I am sure you don't feel the need to convert everyone who does not feel the same way as you to your side of thinking. I have not read all your posts but i some you insist on other posters providing you with facts to support your opinions..

In the end WHO GIVES A ****!
    This board is becoming unreadable because you all insist on debating one another forever on topics where neither side is going to change their mind. Post your opinion. Throw a possible response and move on already. This place is going to turn into a civil war soon. Enough is enough already!
    Exactly.

Stop attacking posters you disagree with. Attack subject matter. Get into meaningful debate. That's what we're here for.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    All joking aside with the people that have left the beat writers have been wrong a LOT in the GM process which makes me think the sources aren't necessarily spot on anymore. Last year we couldn't make a move without it leaking 5 minutes after the decision was made.
    I hear you.

But Francesa is very careful in what he says, and his Jets inside-scoop has been accurate for years as far as I can tell.

It's one thing if the media is putting clown caricatures on the front pages- that's inappropriate. And you can tell me that Cimini reading a Seahawks bio and jumping to quick conclusions isn't accurate- and I'd agree with that too.

But Francesa (and ultimately others) will get the scoop from inside the organization and that can't be swept under the rug just because is coincidentally sync's with what Cimini and Serby and Manish said yesterday just because some disagreed with it.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has an agenda with the Jets and likes to get the fans riled up but I agree with you. He has been pretty spot on when it comes to sources and reporting on the Jets... Just lately it is hard to determine when he is quoting sources or spouting off his opinion. His dislike for the team is eating away at his credibility because the listener is having a hard time between deciphering his opinion vs his reporting...
    He has never reported, is not reporting and will never report. He is a gossip mongering pot stirrer. To call him a reporter does a disservice to the entire profession which at this point is one step above lawyers and used car salesmen.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Maybe the source is Woody Johnson.

Ultimate mindphuck.
    I am completely relieved to hear that Woody gave Idzik the green light to make a HC decision next season.

Might be that Woody simply didn't want to eat Rex's salary and knows we're not going to be very good for a few seasons and that's that.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much has been said about the lack of a football man in the room. Jed Hughes anyone? Who was supposed to be in the room? Bradway? Someone from inside the organization who was going to pick their own boss?

Critique the hire if you want but the process was exactly as it was intended to be, focusing on a fresh outside perspective for the organization and removing conflict of interest within the organization.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the report that Polian sat in on some interviews was inaccurate??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am completely relieved to hear that Woody gave Idzik the green light to make a HC decision next season.

Might be that Woody simply didn't want to eat Rex's salary and knows we're not going to be very good for a few seasons and that's that.

SAR I
    I agree with everything you just said. If 2013 as Rex's last year under contract, he would have been fired after this past season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So what exactly is your point? That you do not think Idzik will do a good job? You seem to be going on and on about nothing. Who would YOU have wanted the Jets to hire specifically and why?
    I have no point. I heard something on the radio enroute to brunch and thought it 'breaking' enough to type a few bullet points for the community to read from my iPhone.

No different than the Woody/Ryan presser where I was thanked numerous times for typing the bullets of what they said for those who weren't in a position to listen live.

I wanted a GM with significant player personnel experience. We have a GM that doesn't appear to have that. I am disappointed, but am rooting for him to learn quickly and succeed like any Jets fan would.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sar1

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    You give Fatcesa waaaayyyyy too much credit.

If he was the last broadcaster on earth, I'd just talk to myself, as opposed to listening to anything coming out of his mouth.
    Anything that Francessa says about the Jets has to be taken with a grain of salt. he goes out of way, and uses his radio format to basn everything Jets,This was another attempt to bash the Jets, only from another angle.Sar knows this, thats why he was so anxious to annoy everybody with this.I don't find hating, and bashing, for the sake of bashing enjoyable, at all

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will pay a team of scouts and personnel men, talent evaluators and coahces to identify players for this team. Idzik needs to know football and personnel, but the idea that he needs to be the best "talent evaluator" on the staff is ridiculous. He will make final decisions after hearing all input, he'll look at things like how much investment we're making in certain areas of the team (i.e. do we have too much $ tied up in the secondary, not enough in other phases?)

The CIO of an IT department needs to understand technology, finances, management and tech trends. He doesn't need to sit around dissecting javascript:void(0) lines all day in order to successfully run a 100 person IT shop.

Relax guys, Idzik seems like a really good fit at this point. Obviously we'll need to wait and see.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 01-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Good Point... The is where MF lets his agenda get in the way with accurate info... I like this hire, reports have said NFL insiders think he will do a great job and I look forward to seeing how things pan out!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree with everything you just said. If 2013 as Rex's last year under contract, he would have been fired after this past season.
    And would have had another HC job by now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The Jets will pay a team of scouts and personnel men, talent evaluators and coahces to identify players for this team. Idzik needs to know football and personnel, but the idea that he needs to be the best "talent evaluator" on the staff is ridiculous.

The CIO of a IT department needs to understand technology, finances, management and tech trends. He doesn't need to sit around dissecting javascript:void(0) lines all day in order to run a 100 person IT shop.

Relax guys, Idzik seems like a really good fit at this point. Obviously we'll need to wait and see.
    You seem like you know Technology.... How do I get that fly off of Savage69's posts... It is driving me crazy!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he also said that going to the superbowl and losing it hurts your reputation more than never going to the SB, HUH? A team that goes 8-8 for 4 years is more well thought of that a team like the bills that went to 4 in a row. This is like saying Dave Wanstadt ant those years dolphins are just as well though of at the early 90 bills teams, And Joe Montana/Walsh and Bradshaw/Noll dont take a hit for losing the championship games.

It is like he is a kid athat says a little lie then keeps on having to say bigger lies to cover up for himself. He was unable to critize the New GM, so he starts to criticize the jets on things that they might do wrong. Such as continuing to let Rex have too much input. Keeping the same personnel dept. He ignores the fact that most teams don't allow their scouts to move until after the draft. As if teams paid all that money for scouting players to have them move days before the senior bowl, combine and prodays.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    LOL at the thought that Fatscessa has 'sources' in the Jets organization. That's a hoot. That's why he broke the news of Idzik being hired before the formal announcement, right? Not. Oh wait, he's close with Tannenbaum, right? HA HA HA HA HA
    you must really be in pain now sar.

The Jets made a solid decision and you can't stand it.
    Perhaps the Jets made a bad decision and you can't stand it. Ever think of that?

The Jets were 7 out of 7 to fill an open GM job. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is a "great decision". It was also reported that another candidate was "our guy" and he chose another team. It's a "decision" and we accept that and move on and hope that Idzik is a solid cap guy and grows into a good personnel guy. Running around like we just hired Bill Walsh isn't appropriate. Not everything this organization does is rainbows and unicorns, no matter what your wallpaper tells you.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You seem like you know Technology.... How do I get that fly off of Savage69's posts... It is driving me crazy!!!!
    You need to fire the OC to fix that!

Or, just get a crappy monitor where you can't see it as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I said the same thing.

But Polian was at the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl last week. So maybe he wasn't there for the Idzik interviews.

Or maybe Fatty is full of sh*t.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disable signatures in User CP.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Perhaps the Jets made a bad decision and you can't stand it. Ever think of that?

The Jets were 7 out of 7 to fill an open GM job. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is a "great decision". It was also reported that another candidate was "our guy" and he chose another team. It's a "decision" and we accept that and move on and hope that Idzik is a solid cap guy and grows into a good personnel guy. Running around like we just hired Bill Walsh isn't appropriate. Not everything this organization does is rainbows and unicorns, no matter what your wallpaper tells you.

SAR I
    So let's do that.

Also, we could have chosen others. He wasn't the last guy standing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Did he report that Idzik will have all say on final personnel decisions? As reported by Albert Breer, and contrary to what he has been stating
    No.

In fact, he said that that's the first question that needs to be asked of him when he makes a public appearance. Who has final say in Player X, who makes the final call.

SAR I