Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Present at the Senior Bowl practice today:

"The Jetsí contingent at practice consisted of Ryan, Idzik, assistant general manager Scott Cohen, director of football administration Ari Nissim, director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett and a number of scouts."
    I am surprised there is no mention of Bradway. I hope he is there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    why do you pick out 1 guy out of the group?? do you have a problem w the rest of the guys there?? lets stop nitpicking here please....
    Really?

I was making the point that Ari is not a "personnel guy" yet here he is at the senior bowl....as an example that Idzik was not trapped in a room crunching numbers the past 10 years.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

You mad, bro? They run out of cotton candy in Unicorns & Rainbows Land?

SAR I
    On the other hand it looks like they're in full supply of crap at the "Pessimist & Dump Coalition"

Thank god I'm not in the group.

You make it sound that people who have high hopes for a new GM is a bad thing. If he fails with my high hopes then ill just be like you, but if he succeeds then I can laugh at you. So def put me in the "Unicorns and Rainbows Coalition" sounds a lot more fun than where you're at.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's at it again.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter who we hire, draft or sign-in as a FA, the results will speak for itself. In the mean time, we should all chill until we are 3/4 of the season next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He's at it again.
    Franchesker is stuck on Tanny's teat.
    So blatantly transparent.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

under mangini/tanny regime jets were above avg to good drafting team...

Nough said

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn212 View Post
    under mangini/tanny regime jets were above avg to good drafting team...

Nough said
    FORBES magazine ranked the JETS in the top 5 in drafting from 2005 to 2008.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Idzik's words are irrelevant. It would be foolish in the extreme to make a judgement of any kind based on what a new GM says in an introductory press conference.

Only his forthcoming actions will matter.
    Speaking for myself, if Idzik says the following two things I'll be a lot more comfortable with the hire than I am today:

Question: "They say you're a cap guy. Do you have any experience picking players? Who in Seattle did you get behind in a big way and pick?"

Idzik: "I was involved deeply in the ____, and ____ drafts and I personally got behind _______, and ________ and insisted that we take them. Ask my GM or Coach Carroll, they'll back that up."

Question: "It appears that for the past four years the Jets had a 'committe' approach to picking players with the HC heavily involved and possibly having final say. Who will have final say on all personnel matters now?"

Idzik: "Me."

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking for myself, if Idzik says the following two things I'll be a lot more comfortable with the hire than I am today:

Question: "They say you're a cap guy. Do you have any experience picking players? Who in Seattle did you get behind in a big way and pick?"

Idzik: "I was involved deeply in the ____, and ____ drafts and I personally got behind _______, and ________ and insisted that we take them. Ask my GM or Coach Carroll, they'll back that up."

Question: "It appears that for the past four years the Jets had a 'committe' approach to picking players with the HC heavily involved and possibly having final say. Who will have final say on all personnel matters now?"

Idzik: "Not Footboy. That's for damn sure. I wouldn't let that dunce pick my entree."

SAR I
    Fixed.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    On the other hand it looks like they're in full supply of crap at the "Pessimist & Dump Coalition"

Thank god I'm not in the group.

You make it sound that people who have high hopes for a new GM is a bad thing. If he fails with my high hopes then ill just be like you, but if he succeeds then I can laugh at you. So def put me in the "Unicorns and Rainbows Coalition" sounds a lot more fun than where you're at.
    We should all have high hopes. I know I do.

But there's a difference between discussing that and slamming anyone who raises a concerned point of view. We shouldn't be in the business of turning this place into a fanclub. That was attempted last summer and didn't work out for anyone. The Rah-Rah's look foolish for their 12 win predictions and the realists couldn't have a decent conversation without being harassed.

This is a tough time for all Jets fans. We should be coming together, not falling apart.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on. No one would answer this question. Izdik doesnt need to answer these questions. What he actually did in seattle is irrelevant now. Hes the gm. He will answer questions about the direction of the franchise moving forward. nothing else.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He's at it again.
    Yeah, just heard a little bit, slamming Woody for saying he was "forced" into Tebow. That George Steinbrenner would never admit to being forced into something by Gene Michael.

I can do without that Francesa as well. It's not informative.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

But there's a difference between discussing that and slamming anyone who raises a concerned point of view. We shouldn't be in the business of turning this place into a fanclub. That was attempted last summer and didn't work out for anyone. The Rah-Rah's look foolish for their 12 win predictions and the realists couldn't have a decent conversation without being harassed.

This is a tough time for all Jets fans. We should be coming together, not falling apart.

SAR I
    Agreed. The jets had 3 problems:
    Tanny, Rex, Sanchez

Tanny is already gone and Rex/Sanchez will be gone shortly. We are on the road to recovery. We need to hit on our pick this year and our top 5 pick that we will have next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Come on. No one would answer this question. Izdik doesnt need to answer these questions. What he actually did in seattle is irrelevant now. Hes the gm. He will answer questions about the direction of the franchise moving forward. nothing else.
    We know the NY media and I'm pretty sure those questions are going to get asked. He reads the papers, watches TV, listens to the radio, he knows what the public perception is, will likely be ready to address it.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    FORBES magazine ranked the JETS in the top 5 in drafting from 2005 to 2008.
    Forbes definitely knows what it's talking about. Anthony Schlegel, Vernon Gholston and Kellen Clemens are paying huge dividends for us. And that Eric Smith boy how many TE's owe their contracts to him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks15 View Post
    Spot On...He was very cordial to Ira when Ira called in...Mehta had Pettine, Fatcessa has Ira
    ofcourse fatso is going to be nice to Ira. Ira calls in everyday to every show on the channel he's responsible for like 30% of their content and he does it all for free.

That and he never disagrees with anything Fatboy has to say. Agree with the Fat Man and he will love you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    I agree. But you're the one calling out everyone for the "Unicorns and Rainbows Coalition". If they're slamming you (which I do sometimes too) than fine. But there's no sense into adding fuel to the fire.

A debate/discussion between 2 disagreements doesn't have to be a flame war.

I agree with your concerns to an extent, but I value the opinion of Tony Dungy and Bill Polian more than Fransesca.

Will this guys fail? Maybe, hopefully not, but maybe. GMs are very hit and miss. Just look at Pioli when he went to the Chiefs and tell me how that turned out. You cannot determine someone's skills as a GM just from his previous tenure.

I doubt the Jets went, "Look at Seattle and look what he did"! They probably checked his background and judged him from his interview. If they just took a GM just based of his previous tenure we would already had Gamble.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. But you're the one calling out everyone for the "Unicorns and Rainbows Coalition". If they're slamming you (which I do sometimes too) than fine. But there's no sense into adding fuel to the fire.

A debate/discussion between 2 disagreements doesn't have to be a flame war.
    Agreed, but please understand that I'm outnumbered 20:1 here and most of what I'm posting of late is defensive having been asked to justify myself ad nauseum.

There are things that we need to discuss that aren't pleasant. I get that many people would just like to focus on the positives but there needs to be room for others. That's all I'm saying.

I agree with your concerns to an extent, but I value the opinion of Tony Dungy and Bill Polian more than Fransesca.

Will this guys fail? Maybe, hopefully not, but maybe. GMs are very hit and miss. Just look at Pioli when he went to the Chiefs and tell me how that turned out. You cannot determine someone's skills as a GM just from his previous tenure.

I doubt the Jets went, "Look at Seattle and look what he did"! They probably checked his background and judged him from his interview. If they just took a GM just based of his previous tenure we would already had Gamble.
    In Idzik We Trust. That's all we can do. For reasons we already know, our owner, our ex-GM, and our HC might not be the best people to pick players; let's hope John is The Man.

NOTE: Just noticed his initials are "JI". Good karma perhaps?

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    we all know this is only a business venture for woody.

this sets up the ineviteable failure and the sale of the team to the la based firm.

psls season tickets will be worthless when the jets pull an art modell and move this team to la.
    God i wish this happened so i can finally stop rooting for this pathetic team and just root for whatever other team they bring into NY.