Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let me get this straight:

It's better to fire Mike Tannenbaum, hire a Tannenbaum-like clone, and keep Tannenbaum's scouting/draft staff that got us into this mess...

...than....

....to fire Mike Tannenbaum, bring in a true GM personnel expert, throw out Tannenbaum's staff, and move forward as a well-oiled machine?

News flash: The unicorns and rainbows on your bedroom wallpaper aren't real.

SAR I
    Idzik is not a Tannenbaum clone. To think so reveals an unwillingness to know the truth. And you're relying on Fatcessa's 'sauces' about what will or will not happen in the draft room. Newsflash: he's full of ****. Maybe after two days on the job Idzik doesn't know the qualifications of each and every scout in the draft room and needs some time to decide what he's doing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    amazing you only quote the possible negatives that Francesa stated!!...he went on for 5 minutes talking about the positives of the hire..but lets not talk about that!!!???...and they have in essence changed tannys scouting staff they got rid of tanny who if your honest(and your not) francesa stated Tanny did everything rex wanted!!! under mangini/tanny regime jets were above avg to good drafting team...so by removing rex from the process you will probably BASED ON FACTS AND PAST RESULTS see an improvement in drafting..
    thank you. Scott, in his frustration and passion for this team, is now being selective with his facts and is citing documented liars who have agendas against the team (Francessa will never get over the Jets snubbing him, his royal highness (or is it royal fatness?).

THe more one relies on documented liars who have obvious agendas, the less credible the poster's opinion will become. It's a damned shame.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is posting what I just heard on the radio 'schtick'?

Francesa stated this info came from inside the Jets organization.

SAR I
    Since when did you become so naive/gullible? I am shocked. Bring back the real Scott and remove this guy with his head up his ass please. Francessa is a proven liar and is on a mission to garner ratings and exact his revenge on the Jets for snubbing him years ago. It's as plain as the fat on his rib cage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I could make a list 10 pages long of HCs who got 2nd HCing jobs with MUCH weaker resumes than Rex. Why the hell wouldn't he get another gig?

Because this year the league went heavy on offense. Almost all the hires were offensive coaches. And although Rex has a decent resume, his personality does not mesh with every organization.

I think he would have definitely gotten a DC job. I am not sure if he would have gotten a HC job this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    just plain stupid. Yah... Jets will walk away from the Stadium cash cow and move to a venue that has never been able to support the NFL. I nominate this as one of your top 5 stupid posts GMC.
    im not gmc.......and woody is all about money up front money if he can sell this team and recoup everything hes got into it you bet your ass he will.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you. Scott, in his frustration and passion for this team, is now being selective with his facts and is citing documented liars who have agendas against the team (Francessa will never get over the Jets snubbing him, his royal highness (or is it royal fatness?).

THe more one relies on documented liars who have obvious agendas, the less credible the poster's opinion will become. It's a damned shame.
    I didn't hear the entire segment. I have kids and a life. Sorry about that.

What I heard him say was from sources inside the Jets who told him what I posted.

I don't have an agenda other than I want the Jets to get better. Go attack another poster who you disagree with. I tried to do a good thing this morning, reporting some significant new-news I heard for the board to digest. You should know better than this, Dave.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give me examples where Mike Francesa has quoted members inside the Jets organization and was proven to be a liar and/or making up stories and/or being told untruths.

Because I've been listening for years and I don't recall any of it.

SAR I
    Mike recently stated that the Jets did not want Pettine back, and to this day seems to have no clue that the Jets tried to extend him. I don't know if he has a source or he was just speaking out of his large ass

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when did you become so naive/gullible? I am shocked. Bring back the real Scott and remove this guy with his head up his ass please. Francessa is a proven liar and is on a mission to garner ratings and exact his revenge on the Jets for snubbing him years ago. It's as plain as the fat on his rib cage.
    You want to go to the mattresses over Francesa? You got it.

Give me examples of where he is a "proven liar" on Jets matters. Love to read it.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's news come from sources inside the Jets organization
    Bulls-hit. Did Francessa call Pettine? Name the source(s) or there are none.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    +1. Every decision this organization makes seems to be half-assed. Mangini out, Tanny stays... Tanny out, Rex stays... Schotty out, all other offense coaches stay. Never all in on anything. It speaks to a weak decision maker at the top.
    Now this I agree with. Woody is just an awful decision maker. How did we get cursed again after Hess died. Hess followed by this schmuck Woody is just not fair to Jet Nation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    im not gmc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR_UYx4vSPs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It doesn't seem like the Jets have a problem in identifying talent, it seems their problem is in persuading decision makers and following through (eg Russell Wilsoon). I would still love to know the full story behind Clinkscales departure.
    Rumor is that he quit the Jets because Rex kept screwing with his personnel recommendations. He saw that Rex's meddling was doing harm. just a rumor. no concrete proof.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bulls-hit. Did Francessa call Pettine? Name the source(s) or there are none.
    This should always be the first thing written. The source.

Fake sources make you sound like an *******.

"This is a fact, of which no one else in the country has reported. I have sources which I will not disclose."

This is not the C.I.A. talking about national security. This is football. Name the source.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Because I've been listening for years and I don't recall any of it.

SAR I
    Wow. That explains a lot. You value Mike Francessa's opinions and expertise. LMAO... He's your go to guy for inside information and football knowledge. LMAO

Mike Francessa has very little football knowledge. He has very little credibility if any as a football expert. He's a blowhard. If you get value from his opinions. Then I gotta question your smarts. If you asked him to name 20 Jets players, their numbers and the colleges they played at. He'd hang up on you. I guarantee he wouldn't be able to name The Ravens starting offensive line. If I gave him 45 minutes to give me the answer.

Mike Francessa's job is to cover the hot topics and create debate with negativity. He does a good job of that. When it comes to actual knowledge, insight or inside information. He has always come up very short and limited. "Tom Brady takes the cake when it comes to quarterbacking".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps the Jets made a bad decision and you can't stand it. Ever think of that?

The Jets were 7 out of 7 to fill an open GM job. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking this is a "great decision". It was also reported that another candidate was "our guy" and he chose another team. It's a "decision" and we accept that and move on and hope that Idzik is a solid cap guy and grows into a good personnel guy. Running around like we just hired Bill Walsh isn't appropriate. Not everything this organization does is rainbows and unicorns, no matter what your wallpaper tells you.

SAR I
    Caldwell was our first choice from what I have read. (this after Gamble didn't work out - poor interview or refused to keep Rex. Who knows?) However, I can't say that I am particularly enamored with the coaching staff Caldwell put together in Jacksonville. He is a guy that we can already criticize decisions. He should have never spoke about Tebow in his press conference and the coaching staff he picked is not scaring anyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    LOL at the thought that Fatscessa has 'sources' in the Jets organization. That's a hoot. That's why he broke the news of Idzik being hired before the formal announcement, right? Not. Oh wait, he's close with Tannenbaum, right? HA HA HA HA HA
    you must really be in pain now sar. The Jets made a solid decision and you can't stand it.
    Don't be surprised if it's an embittered Tanny feeding this nonsense to Francessa. Tanny was the only person in the Jets organization who would give Fatcessa the time of day and Francessa is now grasping at straws. No one in the organization told him jack sh!t.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Mike recently stated that the Jets did not want Pettine back, and to this day seems to have no clue that the Jets tried to extend him. I don't know if he has a source or he was just speaking out of his large ass
    Apparently the Pettine extension was offered before the 2012 season started...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Please. I believe Dungy is sincere, but if asked about anyone he's worked with, Dungy will give a positive quote. He's not the type to trash someone in the press. It's like saying, "that QB must be great, Jon Gruden is raving about him on Monday night football."
    not true wasnt dungy the one who killed rex last year?? they had that big pow wow meeting together...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I posted something I thought was important new-news: That a Jets source gave information to a 30+ year NY reporter with some important tidbits that were both negative (cap guy) and positive (can fire Rex).

I fail to see how honestly relaying information on a discussion forum designed for that type of dialog is annoying or disrespectful to the group. If Francesa had reported that the ghost of Bill Walsh told him this guy was the best thing to ever happen to the Jets, I'd have posted that as well.

SAR I
    You were selective in which Fatcessa comments you posted.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Caldwell was our first choice from what I have read. (this after Gamble didn't work out - poor interview or refused to keep Rex. Who knows?) However, I can't say that I am particularly enamored with the coaching staff Caldwell put together in Jacksonville. He is a guy that we can already criticize decisions. He should have never spoke about Tebow in his press conference and the coaching staff he picked is not scaring anyone.
    +1 can you imagine all the experts on this this board lighting up if cauldwell hired these bunch of no names for the jets??