Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa Sunday Morning Confirms It All

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Did he report that Idzik will have all say on final personnel decisions? As reported by Albert Breer, and contrary to what he has been stating
    bingo but the naysayers like SAR dont want to hear it..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Apparently the Pettine extension was offered before the 2012 season started...
    I think it was during the season. Regardless they wanted him back. He wanted out

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Francesa knows people in the Jets organization who have always given him reliable and accurate information.
    Nonsense. He got all he did from Tanny. Maybe some from Pettine too. No one else in Florham Park gives bozo the time of day.

You may not like his delivery, but one can't question his sources.
    Sure one can. Please identify the mythical sources for us.

Can't recall a single Jets source being contradictory to what he broadcasted, can't recall a single situation where he quoted someone inside the organization who gave him a lead turned out to be inaccurate and I've been listing to him since the mid-80's.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

His source was Tanny for the most part. He's the one guy who would speak to him on a regular basis. You really are waaaaaaaay off on this Scott. Please. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    What don't you like about Bradway?
    The organization acknowledges that he was a poor GM by firing him. But instead of telling him to take a walk, he's now our main scout/talent evaluator. To me, that makes no sense.

His ethic, no matter how much you want to justify specific parts of it, failed. Keeping him just perpetuates the problem, which IMO is dysfunctional.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    +1. Every decision this organization makes seems to be half-assed. Mangini out, Tanny stays... Tanny out, Rex stays... Schotty out, all other offense coaches stay. Never all in on anything. It speaks to a weak decision maker at the top.
    That's how I feel, too. Woody always seems to be hedging his bets.

This year was the perfect time to clean house. Instead, we keep Rex and most of the GM's staff. So, if Rex fails (which he will 'cause he sucks as a HC) instead of starting over this year, we do it next. Why throw away another year?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It doesn't seem like the Jets have a problem in identifying talent, it seems their problem is in persuading decision makers and following through (eg Russell Wilsoon). I would still love to know the full story behind Clinkscales departure.
    Me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I think it was during the season. Regardless they wanted him back. He wanted out
    During the season is when the story broke... I just recall reading that the extension was offered in the offseason as at the time they did not want to have him on a lame duck contract. He turned down the offer and I think that was the beginning of the end for him with the Jets... I don't have the energy to find this story but I know it came out about 3 to 4 weeks after the first story broke after mid season....

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Rumor is that he quit the Jets because Rex kept screwing with his personnel recommendations. He saw that Rex's meddling was doing harm. just a rumor. no concrete proof.
    I know, but some day I'd love to hear that confirmed. People don't just pick up and move across the country to work for a friend.

Someone like Tanny with no football knowledge would not only enable Rex's meddling but likely encourage it. The remark at the presser that the GM will be responsible for personnnel decisions and Rex for coaching positions was very telling. To think that Idzik will roll over and let Rex call the shots that way and call him Tanny 2.0 is absurd

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Bulls-hit. Did Francessa call Pettine? Name the source(s) or there are none.
    I asked him to do that 4 pages ago and bet him $100 bucks that he couldn't do it.

Still no response.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 01-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    SAR, who did you want for GM? I think your are on-board with Gamble and/or Caldwell but I do not want to put words in your mouth.
    He won't answer. Typical SAR: looks for ways to bash the Jets but never comes up with any ideas of his own to make the team better. He wants Rex fired, but won't suggest who to replace him with. Sanchez's 26 turnovers were an illusion!

Back to the topic of Francesa, I believe his sources are fine, but what he chooses to do with that information is the problem. He'll twist it negatively because he has an agenda against the Jets. He went after Rex in 2009 (a lot like a poster here...ah never mind), less and less players would interview with him and then Revis bashed him. He hangs up on callers who identify his inaccuracies, will view the same incident 2 different ways depending on the team involved (Braylon DUI for example) and believes he is the Sports Pope when he clearly is not. Ego much?
    Last edited by Sexy Rexy; 01-20-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Give me examples where Mike Francesa has quoted members inside the Jets organization and was proven to be a liar and/or making up stories and/or being told untruths.

Because I've been listening for years and I don't recall any of it.

SAR I
    he has never quoted any "sources" inside the Jets inner circle other than Tanny ever since Mangini left. Always anonymous. Think "Tanny" here. He has no sources in Florham Park now that Tanny and Pettine are out. He is persona non grata. As for his being a liar. Geez... this has been shown on several occasions. Francessa is a self-serving dishonest broadcaster. If you choose to believe him, than that's your misjudgment. I am sorry for that. You are on the wrong path.

You want to go to the mattresses over Francesa? You got it.

Give me examples of where he is a "proven liar" on Jets matters. Love to read it.

SAR I
    Proven liar? Regarding the Jets GM hire, I heard Francesa say that hiring a coach before a GM is hired "never works." Correction, he yelled "NEVAH WORKS!"

Never. Never. Never. As in, impossible. As in, will never deliver the right outcome. As in, teams that do this inevitably lose.

Seattle hired Carroll before their GM. Look it up.

I'd say 25 teams in the league would swap rosters with Seattle in a heartbeat right now.

Francesa's a liar.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Rexy View Post
    He won't answer. Typical SAR: looks for ways to bash the Jets but never comes up with any ideas of his own to make the team better. He wants Rex fired, but won't suggest who to replace him with. Sanchez's 26 turnovers were an illusion!

Back to the topic of Francesa, I believe his sources are fine, but what he chooses to do with that information is the problem. He'll twist it negatively because he has an agenda against the Jets. He went after Rex in 2009 (a lot like a poster here...ah never mind), less and less players would interview with him and then Revis bashed him
    He was dead WRONG about the Revis thing. Funny thing was, the guy from fox who he has on the show every now and then said it was not PI. But of course Mike never asked him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Francessa's highly placed source is someone in Hawaii named Lennay Kekua.

Idzik is a business guy. Never picked a player in his life.

No other NFL team wanted Idzik, interviewed him, or had him on their radar.

Jets interview process included no football men. Woody, Korn/Ferry, Glat. This is a business hire not a football hire.

Jets will not change Tannenbaums draft staff.

Idzik told he makes the Rex Ryan decision next season, has authority to fire him.

SAR I
    dont know why everyone is killing SAR....I missed Francessa this am and appreciate relaying what he said....sure SAR uses it as a basis for his opinions but isnt that what we are here for?

as for the debate on what was said - none of it really shocks or bothers me....most interesting thing I take out of it is that he has the power to fire Rex next year....that is interesting and the 1st time I have heard it.

I didn't hear the entire segment. I have kids and a life. Sorry about that.

What I heard him say was from sources inside the Jets who told him what I posted.

I don't have an agenda other than I want the Jets to get better. Go attack another poster who you disagree with. I tried to do a good thing this morning, reporting some significant new-news I heard for the board to digest. You should know better than this, Dave.

SAR I
    I'm not "attacking" you Scott. I am of the opinion that your post was chock full of lies from Francessa. Sources? what sources? Before calling Idzik a "cap guy" (which makes you sound as non-credible as Cimini, Myers or Mehta), how about you read the full bio? I'll bet you have not done so yet.

The problem is, SAR, is that EVERYONE knows that if Fatcessca was to say something good about this hire like "This was a great decision by Woody and the Jets" , you wouldn't jump out of your seat to post it in glee to annoy others.

Don't play dumb, you know everyone on JI doesn't value Francessca's opinion. You just posted it to get a rise out of everyone. That's why everyone is calling you out on your shtick, and I'm glad people are finally realizing it.

FWIW, you should read Tony Dungy's opinion on the hire. You know, the highly respected Super Bowl coach, rather than a devious radio voice who (like you) says outlandish things to get a rise out of people because the Jets screwed him over.

All we need to know about Francesa is this.

If the NYG ownership had hired Korn Ferry, had Polian in the room for the interviews and had taken a couple of weeks to pick a GM, the Fat Man would be singing the franchise's praises about how the NYG do things the right way, and so on.

The only thing fatcessa confirmed is he's fat and annoying and SARS buys everything he sells. Guy has 0 sources in the jets, they hate the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    +1 can you imagine all the experts on this this board lighting up if cauldwell hired these bunch of no names for the jets??
    or if he became GM, fired Rex and then brought in Schotty for an interview to replace Rex? Wow that would have been mind-blowing.

I am not a Francessa fan but some of you need to know that most of what Francessa says is opinion... (Seattle succeeding example) however, when he quotes a source, he is usually spot on. He is as accurate as Shefter or Mort. Not 100% but usually pretty true... There is a difference between he sharing a sources comments and him giving his opinion on things...

I'm convinced SAR=patsfantx