Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tavaris Jackson

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    tavaris jackson is another quincy carter but as ive said all along anyone but sanchez.
    Carter was a better player than Jackson. At least when he was a Jet he was.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Idzik brings in Flynn. Hopefully it works out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is the only QB that led the Jets to a superbowl? Obviously Broadway Joe. Joe was strong and fearless and cocky but above all he had a cannon of an arm to cut thru the cold New York winds. He would put welts on receivers bodies. Jets need a big strong QB that has a cannon and a short memory. So Cal Sanchez ain't that guy. Namath was from Pennsylvania. Cold and rugged country. Jets need a northern QB. One from Michegan or Canada. Big Ben would be perfect for the Jets but he's a Steeler. Big, strong, big arm and cocky and from the north. Find that player and Jets r in business.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better then Sanchez, but that's not exactly saying much and he's not a long-term answer by any means.

We really should just draft a Quarterback to groom, and if Idzik also wants Jackson to be the stopgap guy so we don't have to continue running Sanchez out there, whatever. Just can't be more then that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    It shouldn't be. I'm not a Jackson fan either, but no one should expect any QB that is brought in via FA to be anything other than a 1 year stop gap/bridge.
    Correct. Flynn included.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Precisely. Anyone who thinks there is a QB out there in FA that is going to provide anything of substance is kidding themselves. Unless we find a gem in the draft that is ready to play immediately, average is the best we can hope for out of the QB next year.
    Jackson is a decent pickup if they actually get him. I would like to see Jackson Sanchez and a draft pick compete for the job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Better then Sanchez, but that's not exactly saying much and he's not a long-term answer by any means.

We really should just draft a Quarterback to groom, and if Idzik also wants Jackson to be the stopgap guy so we don't have to continue running Sanchez out there, whatever. Just can't be more then that.
    Yup. We need a young guy to be drafted, but bringing in a vet stopgap makes sense too. And he will have to be cheap, as Tanny left such a cap mess to be cleaned up. Jackson would be fine as a 1 year option - he's mobile, experienced, has a great arm and, most importantly, will come cheap.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Absolute disaster. Other than that sub-grade, Pop Warner-minus QB Arizona put out against us this year (maybe the worst QB I've ever seen play an NFL down), Tavaris Jackson is one of the most inept guys to ever be put on an NFL roster.

No thank you.
    I agree. What would be the point of this? I thought if Sanchez did have to stay ,due to the cap Would we not be better off bringing in a player that is an upgrade from him? Does not seem hard to find a guy better than Sanchez. Christ you could get a guy out of the stands to play better than him.

No pass on TJ. Awful mistake, not a way for a new GM to get off on the right foot with the fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Jackson is a decent pickup if they actually get him. I would like to see Jackson Sanchez and a draft pick compete for the job.
    Sanchez will win easily. You guys are overrating Jackson like crazy. He stinks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't remember seeing TJ run into his own players ass and fumble the ball but I could be wrong! Sanchez is the worst QB in the league!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Maybe Sanchez would win the job, if he's still here. I'm ok with that, if he actually wins it. But Rex would actually have option when Sanchez fails.

Jackson is nothing special. But he's better than McElroy. I'd rather have him as a backup.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    Even Sanchez is better than Jackson.
    No, incorrect. No one is worse than Sanchez's performance this past year. I am no big fan of Jackson but people need to realize just how stinky 'Mark' was last year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we stop the madness...there is no way in hell they bring Jackson in....why ?...because Shefter sees a connection between him and Idzik ?...Shefter talked to Idzik already ?..the guy has had the job for 5 minutes !....move on..Tavaris Jackson will be no where near this team next year...