Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tavaris Jackson

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Stop it. Tavaris Jackson is not coming here to play qb. Lets just enjoy the games today. Your ruining lives posting crap about tavaris jackson.
    My apologies for ruining people's lives. If this post ruins lives, what is the phrase for you endless contributions to the board? What is worse than ruin?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    If he gets Jackson, that would be the end of Idzik in NY

Jackson sucks
    Absolute disaster. Other than that sub-grade, Pop Warner-minus QB Arizona put out against us this year (maybe the worst QB I've ever seen play an NFL down), Tavaris Jackson is one of the most inept guys to ever be put on an NFL roster.

No thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Not too sure Jackson can run the west coast

He can't throw accurately
    It worked for McNabb. Childress had him after he left Philly as HC of the Vikes, where he ran WCO.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    the other seattle QB would be better.
    I agree. What cost?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Article

Jets unlikely to add Michael Vick, may target Tarvaris Jackson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...varis-jackson/

When Marty Mornhinweg was named the Jets’ offensive coordinator, speculation immediately began that Michael Vick could be the next quarterback to join the Jets’ circus. But that does not appear likely.

Although Mornhinweg and Vick worked together for four years in Philadelphia, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Vick and Mornhinweg weren’t on great terms and wouldn’t want to work together again in 2013.

And anyway, the Jets are already bound to pay Mark Sanchez like a starter whether they want to or not, and they don’t want to add another expensive option, which Vick is likely to be, assuming he gets cut by the Eagles and becomes an unrestricted free agent. The New York Post reported that the Jets would be unlikely to make a move for Alex Smith of the 49ers or Matt Flynn of the Seahawks for the same reason: They’d be too expensive.

Still, the Jets do want someone who can compete with Sanchez. So who might that be? Schefter says new Jets G.M. John Idzik has always been a believer in Tarvaris Jackson, who was the Seahawks’ starter in 2011 while Idzik was Seattle’s V.P. of football administration. The Post also reported that Jackson could be a possibility with the Jets, as could Matt Moore, Jason Campbell or David Garrard.

Jets fans probably aren’t going to be excited about any of those names. Actually, Jets fans should probably just go ahead and resign themselves now to the fact that they won’t be excited about any of their quarterback options in 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    My apologies for ruining people's lives. If this post ruins lives, what is the phrase for you endless contributions to the board? What is worse than ruin?
    Not a bad filler at the right cost. It's going to be ugly anyway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Not a bad filler at the right cost. It's going to be ugly anyway.
    Precisely. Anyone who thinks there is a QB out there in FA that is going to provide anything of substance is kidding themselves. Unless we find a gem in the draft that is ready to play immediately, average is the best we can hope for out of the QB next year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    tavaris jackson is another quincy carter but as ive said all along anyone but sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    Even Sanchez is better than Jackson.
    very doubtful

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Precisely. Anyone who thinks there is a QB out there in FA that is going to provide anything of substance is kidding themselves. Unless we find a gem in the draft that is ready to play immediately, average is the best we can hope for out of the QB next year.
    By the same token we have an 8 million dollar pic machine, why add in a cheaper model maybe Sanchez can turn it around?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mort and Schefter just had a few nuggets on the Jets on Sunday NFL Countdown. The first was Mort saying that Vick to the Jets won't happen for 2 Reasons A. Him and Mornhinweg did not get along. B. Vick's too expensive.

The more interesting nugget in my opinion is that Schefter stated Idzik was a big supporter of Tavaris Jackson in Seattle and he could be an option for the Jets. I am not so sure I like him as any sort of upgrade over Sanchez.
    I'd rather roll the dice with Flynn....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile jackson

Jackson's the answer. he will win the starting job, and lead us to a blow out super bowl victory. After the game he will announce his retirement, and be elected president of the United States. You heard it hear first.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Somebody's gotta lead us to 2-14 next year so we can lock up Bridgewater or Manziel.
    Manziel ??...I would rather have Howie Manziel...have you seen him throw a football ??...haven't we had enough noodle arm QBs !!????

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    I hope we can get Matt Moore, he is limited, but he can be a very good game manager, and if all goes right and we hit on draft picks this year, we may even be able to sneak in the playoffs....

Also anyone but Sanchez please.
    Rex said no more game mangers in 2013, we need a Drew Brees type QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I'd rather roll the dice with Flynn....
    I would too personally. I should have made it clearer ,but I'm not a fan of Jackson at all, was just passing along what they said. I don't like the Flynn option a whole lot either, as I believe Flynn has 2 years left on his contract and unless he's easily cutable in year 3 or a low cap number, I wouldn't want to add him just for a year(which ultimately is all I think he'd be worth). I think he may be the best option of current pro qb's, but not sold on him 100% either.

Fingers crossed we pick a QB in the draft that shocks the world and comes in and is ready to play and is semi-productive as a rookie.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Manziel ??...I would rather have Howie Manziel...have you seen him throw a football ??...haven't we had enough noodle arm QBs !!????
    People who really don't like this years class just over rate next years. All the SR are pretty much trash so they throw the underclassman in the mix like they are better options. Bridgewater is where Brohm was at this point in his career. He hasn't put up enough to actually make a good judgement of talent. Manziel is short and much the same. He is 2nd round talent IMO at best given his limitations. Bristel IMO is the only guy I would take in the 1st and not in the top ten. That is if any of them even declare next year. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Carr or Zach Mettenberger end up being the 1st QB off the board next year. Not a very good class either.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They might have found a guy I'd rather have Sanchez start over...dont know how

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    F*ck that noise

If we can't trade for someone like Flynn or Smith then just draft a rookie and have him compete with Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never liked the idea of tanking a season, but if we are 2-6 halfway through Id rather Jets lose out and get a chance for a actually franchise qb in 2014 draft. No point in going 5-11 and just missing a top qb n draft.. But will be rooting for Jets to try to win next year, if we get sanchez out maybe a new qb does well.. There are always out of the blue effective qbs every year. Watching 1 play now many didnt expect to be starting this year, but thanks to a injury kid got his shot..how brady got his..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tavaris Jackson? Thought Idzik was a good judge of talent.

Jets go from clown car to short bus in three weeks.

Undated photo of Marty Morningbreath and John Idzik: