Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tavaris Jackson

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Tavaris Jackson

Mort and Schefter just had a few nuggets on the Jets on Sunday NFL Countdown. The first was Mort saying that Vick to the Jets won't happen for 2 Reasons A. Him and Mornhinweg did not get along. B. Vick's too expensive.

The more interesting nugget in my opinion is that Schefter stated Idzik was a big supporter of Tavaris Jackson in Seattle and he could be an option for the Jets. I am not so sure I like him as any sort of upgrade over Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If he gets Jackson, that would be the end of Idzik in NY

Jackson sucks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Jackson sucks
    It shouldn't be. I'm not a Jackson fan either, but no one should expect any QB that is brought in via FA to be anything other than a 1 year stop gap/bridge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Mort and Schefter just had a few nuggets on the Jets on Sunday NFL Countdown. The first was Mort saying that Vick to the Jets won't happen for 2 Reasons A. Him and Mornhinweg did not get along. B. Vick's too expensive.

The more interesting nugget in my opinion is that Schefter stated Idzik was a big supporter of Tavaris Jackson in Seattle and he could be an option for the Jets. I am not so sure I like him as any sort of upgrade over Sanchez.
    Just like the print and tweeting media the talking heads throw crap out and see's what sticks.. That one won't..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Just like the print and tweeting media the talking heads throw crap out and see's what sticks.. That one won't..
    Very well could be the case, but all they said is he could be an option. I think it's too early to tell which direction they go at QB, but I don't think it's that absurd to think he could be on the Jets roster next year, even if it's in a back up capacity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm in for bringing in any quarterback with prior starting experience and trying them out as our starting quarterback. anything is an upgrade over Sanchez at this point. hell, i'd even see what vince young has left in the tank.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even Sanchez is better than Jackson.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we know but switch A. and B., and Jackson NFW. Anything is possible, not many QB options.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not too sure Jackson can run the west coast

He can't throw accurately

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody's gotta lead us to 2-14 next year so we can lock up Bridgewater or Manziel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jackson sucks
    No it wouldn't. He is not going to hang his hat on Jackson if it happens. Jackson would be a 1-2 year BU not an anointed starter. Your talking him making 3 mil at most. Not exactly cap suicide. All of our FA options are really bad but anything is better then what we have right now IMO. We need to draft a QB in the 1st 2 rounds if one is there and get a guy like Jackson as a buffer. Starting Mark next year is just not an option IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Very well could be the case, but all they said is he could be an option. I think it's too early to tell which direction they go at QB, but I don't think it's that absurd to think he could be on the Jets roster next year, even if it's in a back up capacity.
    He was traded to the Bills last year for a low rd pick I doubt that we have any interest in him.. At least I hope not..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Starting Mark next year is just not an option IMO.
    I can't help but think Marty tool the OC job because he thinks he can fix Mark...one of the main reasons he was hired

They will bring in competition for Mark, no doubt. But to think Mark won't have another option here is naive

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope we can get Matt Moore, he is limited, but he can be a very good game manager, and if all goes right and we hit on draft picks this year, we may even be able to sneak in the playoffs....

Also anyone but Sanchez please.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    the other seattle QB would be better.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

More crap throwing against the wall to see if anything will stick by the media. I am 95 percent sure that Andy Reid is going to Arizona.

This idea that the Jets are only going to be able to afford a veteran minimum salaried quarterback is silly. At the start of the league year, The Jets are going to be 12 million dollars under the cap just by cutting three backups(Tebow,JSmith and ESmith) and two aging veteran players(Scott/Pace). That's before any players have their contracts restructured.

When playing the guessing game in the media. You can guess that the Jets will have 3 QB's next season. Sanchez, Veteran QB to compete with Sanchez and 2nd or 3rd round QB taken in the draft for future. The media will begin to start inserting veteran QB names to fit that equation. Jackson/Moore/Campbell/Kolb etc

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help but think Marty tool the OC job because he thinks he can fix Mark...one of the main reasons he was hired

They will bring in competition for Mark, no doubt. But to think Mark won't have another option here is naive
    I really feel Mark has quit on this team twice now. He has talent no doubt about it. Maybe even the better then any of the FA out there in that aspect. I just can't see how they go in that locker room and sell the team on giving him anther shot. Most of those guys have given 4 years of their prime to building a guy that just seems to stop trying at times. in the last 3 years I have never once felt this team can come back from a 10+ point deficit under Mark. I can't imagine very many of the player on the team feel different right now. It isn't the weapons around him it is him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Somebody's gotta lead us to 2-14 next year so we can lock up Bridgewater or Manziel.
    + 1 at this point it really doesn't matter who the QB is next season, the Jets are rebuilding.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop it. Tavaris Jackson is not coming here to play qb. Lets just enjoy the games today. Your ruining lives posting crap about tavaris jackson.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

TJ is not the answer either in the short term or long term.