Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 19.4 Million Over The Cap and Only 10 Returning Starters

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    Not to pile on, but how are you guys not listing RT as a position to be filled? Austin Howard was horrific last season. That being said, I'm still not sold on Slauson and Brandon Moore's probably got another season or two left in him at this point.
    Howard is decent and cheap. Jets need to get bigger and stronger in between the tackles which means bye bye Slauson and probably Moore and hello Warmack and either Warford or Bailey in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    $12 mil under the cap before restructuring any contracts doesn't seem that bad to me. We've known for years that Scott and Pace would be cut this year.
    With 6 million going to rookies and 10 positions to fill with 6 million left. The worst part is we still are not in great shape in 2014 especially with deferring money this yr.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    With 6 million going to rookies and 10 positions to fill with 6 million left. The worst part is we still are not in great shape in 2014 especially with deferring money this yr.
    My guess is they convert some of Sanchez, Holmes and Cromartie guarantees to signing bonuses so that can spread it out over more years... Should be able to get another $6mm to $8mm from that...

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    A roster spot and about $700K in cap room when we only have $10 mil total. Ducass > Smith - really.
    Yup.

This is a rebuilding year, a reworking of ALL football operations. As good as LL, YB, DK and others are or may be, unless said player is 26 or less DO NOT RESIGN them. If the player in 3 years will be past their prime, peace out, trade them no exceptions. I'd rather the girl tell me she's not interested beforehand, then after I buy her a drink and I get a kiss on the cheek as she leaves with her friends. accept the truth, if we make any noise in 2013/14 it will be "Walshian" coaching to put us there

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    How much is Revis' contract this year? Trading him or Cro will also give room.

We are in rebuilding mode.
    I don't have the numbers off the top of my head but trading Revis still results in a subsantial cap hit.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Howard is decent and cheap. Jets need to get bigger and stronger in between the tackles which means bye bye Slauson and probably Moore and hello Warmack and either Warford or Bailey in the later rounds.
    Whatever it takes to get back to acceptable line play.