Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Insider Posters From The Past

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Guys, the Hampur isn't going anywhere. The main board is just too busy to not have it this way. Those who are too lazy to make a simple click over there are just lazy. Those who are afraid to post there because they think it's a big clique are overestimating it. I think if you dive in and get into the mix there you will be pleasantly surprised.

Regarding the draft board, we have heard the feedback from a lot of you and are considering possible new options. As partner of the other site, I hope you can understand our desire to direct traffic there. We've also gotten a lot of positive feedback from some who go there regularly and enjoy the site. Tony is on the site daily and interacts personally in most of the threads which is a great feature for those who are hard core draftniks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Guys, the Hampur isn't going anywhere. The main board is just too busy to not have it this way. Those who are too lazy to make a simple click over there are just lazy. Those who are afraid to post there because they think it's a big clique are overestimating it. I think if you dive in and get into the mix there you will be pleasantly surprised.
    You should ban everyone in there. Bunch of cliquety dbags and fat cops.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I've lurked here for some time, do the same on *********.com. Seems like both sites have constant threads about people leaving here to go there. Pretty much on a regular basis... much butthurt. I don't get it.
    I can't speak for the other site and don't go there but this is the first thread I've seen about this in quite a while. From what I've heard, if you took away the threads over there about us it would wipe out half the posts on their board.

Can you say obsessed?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Thank you.

A while back Rutgersjetsfan and I were supposed to blog here. Didn't really like the way Sooth handled it and was turned off. Had no desire to blog/post much after that. Also life just happened. I started posting here at 18 so I had a lot more free time then. Now I work in a hospital and very consumed with my profession in medicine.

Due to the popularity of this site most real football talk threads get turned into pissing contest/watered down- While there are still some great posters here most guys here are just SAR/mike florio/rah rah clones that just are desperate for attention, post count, and getting a rise out of others. If I'm free I'm reading Jason's site, or the draft forum.
    Refresh my memory here KR, what did I handle poorly? My recollection was offering you a platform to write and you never wrote anything. Is that inaccurate?

I do remember RJF PMing me and telling me he was leaving the board because the staff of the site and I were anti-semetic. A statement that was was so off base, without merit and ridiculous it didn't even dignify a response.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Hey that works either way! Cliquey Cops and Fat dbags.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the draft board, we have heard the feedback from a lot of you and are considering possible new options. As partner of the other site, I hope you can understand our desire to direct traffic there. We've also gotten a lot of positive feedback from some who go there regularly and enjoy the site. Tony is on the site daily and interacts personally in most of the threads which is a great feature for those who are hard core draftniks.
    what happened to the link at the top of the 'strip, Sooth?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't speak for the other site and don't go there but this is the first thread I've seen about this in quite a while. From what I've heard, if you took away the threads over there about us it would wipe out half the posts on their board.

Can you say obsessed?
    I lurk there a bit and that's not true.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    You say sumptin' french fry?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    If you meant the "Hampur is for Idiots", I'd like to know as well.

If not, then I really don't care.

Traitorous French bastid!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    If you meant the "Hampur is for Idiots", I'd like to know as well.

If not, then I really don't care.

Traitorous French bastid!
    no, I mean the link to the draft board.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    You say sumptin' french fry?

There IS a lot less traffic in the OT threads. You have to wait 24h to get a LOL.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    What I've learned over the 13 years I've owned this site is simple. This is my business model in a nutshell.

-You can't please everyone, so you try to run a community that is user friendly to the majority.

-Create a community and website that is attractive to our users and generate content in the same fashion (40-50MM hits per month and 250K unique visitors tell me that we've done a good job here).

-Police the community just enough to keep order but not too much to make it uncomfortable or annoying to the majority (i.e. patsfans.com).

-Avoid the drama. Something I did not adhere to in the early years here but have learned from and today I don't get involved in any drama whatsoever. Those who try to get me involved I encourage to leave. This is why some long time posters here moved on to other pastures. Some voluntary, some were punted. For some, internet drama is their life. For me, it's something I have no interest in being a part of. Especially from people I don't know personally.

All in all, the above has worked for us. As I said at the top, we can't always please everyone but do our best.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    FF2 is not a cop.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Link to what?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I just went there to see if my statement was accurate and just today there's two threads in their off topic forum about us.

One with 40 posts and another with 200.

Come on now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I've learned over the 13 years I've owned this site is simple. This is my business model in a nutshell.

-You can't please everyone, so you try to run a community that is user friendly to the majority.

-Create a community and website that is attractive to our users and generate content in the same fashion (40-50MM hits per month and 250K unique visitors tell me that we've done a good job here).

-Police the community just enough to keep order but not too much to make it uncomfortable or annoying to the majority (i.e. patsfans.com).

-Avoid the drama. Something I did not adhere to in the early years here but have learned from and today I don't get involved in any drama whatsoever. Those who try to get me involved I encourage to leave. This is why some long time posters here moved on to other pastures. Some voluntary, some were punted. For some, internet drama is their life. For me, it's something I have no interest in being a part of. Especially from people I don't know personally.

All in all, the above has worked for us. As I said at the top, we can't always please everyone but do our best.
    I still liked you better when you were blasting Tiny Johnson on PatsFan board.

Funny stuff, you still define the role as the perfect troll.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Ikey IS WoodyPaige.

But yeah, I miss Ikey's top posters list. His detail was incredible.
    Ikey leads the board in multiple user names.

It's detailed because half of the names are him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    The live Africa watering hole cam
    A classic!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just went there to see if my statement was accurate and just today there's two threads in their off topic forum about us.

One with 40 posts and another with 200.

Come on now.
    We prolly have the same amount of threads like that:

Where's Ham
    What happened to so and so

JMO

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever happened to Dr. Zaiuss? I've forgotten his other name. Loved that guy.