Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Insider Posters From The Past

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I agree, separating the OT threads made the topics repetitive and boring.
    yeah i voted against the hampur myself too.

i think i have visited it twice but pretty much stay on the landing strip but without the ot topics that place is not the same either.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Original posters from 1999 guys like Jim325, Jetmoses, Bob the Jets Fan, etc. Used to be a site called Jethaters, and there was a lot of great back and forth between the sites. Lost a few of the originals when the poli forum was introduced and immediately got out of hand...

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Ok, having a senior moment here. Who's the guy that was the self proclaimed Doctor.........Hoss.
    Wasn't greenwave also a doctor?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    yeah i voted against the hampur myself too.

i think i have visited it twice but pretty much stay on the landing strip but without the ot topics that place is not the same either.
    They should keep they Hampur but allow a couple of OT threads like this one. It makes for a more enjoyable experience I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Wasn't greenwave also a doctor?
    A real one or a make believe one like Moga??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Haven't seen Bushy in a while. He always started up some great Hampur threads such as "Biggest Pimple Ever" and "Little League Ethics". Those were great
    He can usually be found in the Hampur, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    I bet that a lot of people just become lurkers after a while.

Honestly (not calling out Sooth at all since this is his website, this is just my opinion), I think it's got a lot to do with the creation of the 'Hampur' VS main board. Some of the best characters always came out of 'football' guys getting dragged into some OT thread and the results were always fantastic.

With the separation I feel that everything just gets repetitive all the time with the same people saying the same things all the time.

I think I speak for most of the Hangar/Hamper/Hampur denizens regarding the following.

We're not a bad group, although SAR seems to have a personal vendetta against all of us, as he has vowed to 'destroy the Hampur'

It may seem repetitive at times because frankly, no one else seems to come by (regularly) . There is an ill-conceived perception our there that we are some sort of exclusionary 'cliquey Hampur elitists', nothing could be farther from the truth.

Only requirement is to be able to take a joke at your own expense and to be able to laugh at yourself - as well as at everyone else.

Feel free to come by, bring beer, its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Link is in this thread

I couldn't find it - anyone else have it handy?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I've always liked guys who post one popular thread and disappear into the cyber netherworld. Like that debt collecting misogynist from Buffalo -- Bing. That takes quite a bit of discipline; something the rest of us self gratifying narcissist clearly lack.
    supernewb he was funny

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    supernewb he was funny
    He is Ikey no??

First posted in 2000 I believe.

Talk about a different time...no fancy screennames back then...just my name and my high school football number

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    First posted in 2000 I believe.

Talk about a different time...no fancy screennames back then...just my name and my high school football number

Good thing your high school number wasn't 69 or you'd have to keep defending yourself.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He is Ikey no??
    is he i am not sure i never understood the whole having more than one screenename thing so don't generally follow who is the same names and stuff.

Good thing your high school number wasn't 69 or you'd have to keep defending yourself.
    Ha seriously.

What I do remember is first coming here because you could download the audio of the J-E-T-S chant....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    He can usually be found in the Hampur, actually.

I think I speak for most of the Hangar/Hamper/Hampur denizens regarding the following.

We're not a bad group, although SAR seems to have a personal vendetta against all of us, as he has vowed to 'destroy the Hampur'

It may seem repetitive at times because frankly, no one else seems to come by (regularly) . There is an ill-conceived perception our there that we are some sort of exclusionary 'cliquey Hampur elitists', nothing could be farther from the truth.

Only requirement is to be able to take a joke at your own expense and to be able to laugh at yourself - as well as at everyone else.

Feel free to come by, bring beer, its all good.

I couldn't find it - anyone else have it handy?
    The only problem with the Hampur, is the delay in getting responses to posts. When you have 300 guys in the Landing Strip, the response is in minutes while the Hampur could be hours. Also when posting in LS you can post on several threads while waiting for more posts. I used to like the OT threads between football replies. Now you have to go to the Hampur and replies aren't usually in realtime.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not if you were around on Jan 12,1969..

All Pro

Banned
    Savage would have ate that alive.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The only problem with the Hampur, is the delay in getting responses to posts. When you have 300 guys in the Landing Strip, the response is in minutes while the Hampur could be hours. Also when posting in LS you can post on several threads while waiting for more posts. I used to like the OT threads between football replies. Now you have to go to the Hampur and replies aren't usually in realtime.
    that and going from one forum then back to the other is just to much of a pain if you are just glancing around for football stuff.

Banned
    What ever happened to JetsGirl?

And Limo doesn't post enough anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Maybe she's in love?? Brenda quit drinking and she don't post anymore either..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

They don't like you.