Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Insider Posters From The Past

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This thread is amazing. It's like a homecoming. Nothing quite beats nostalgia.

This board hasn't been as good as it was say 10 years ago and it will probably never go back to the way it was. Times have changed and so have the posters. The site has had some amazing contributors. So many great Jets fans who could have been writers and getting paid to cover the team and do a much better job than a lot of the current hacks. Lost in the anonymous internet are some amazing and smart Jets fans who are funny and insightful.

Credit to Soothsayer for opening the door back up for so many guys and gals from the past here at JI. All these great stories about posters getting banned makes me almost wish that I would have done something interesting to get banned but then I read Ham's farewell posts and realize that I did the right thing by not snapping or burning any bridges. Never my style anyway.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green View Post
    Oh what the hell, why not?

Needless to say, there were some very specific jokes that led to this eventual outcome.
    Tebow Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What? He looks like Paula Deen.

Oh... oh no.

LMAO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    did i say tolls ? ?...

Kelvin, please.

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Tebow Christ.

Oh... oh no.

LMAO.
    My boobz are bigger.

Incline presses and some such.

-

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Matt's Greenhouse, he started that after the Jets Confidential board shut
    Shoot I forgot about Jets Confidential... I knew there was one before the Greenhouse.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Kelvin, please.

-
    ....you know...I used to think it was Kelvin....but I'm a believer now.

Awesome thread to read thru...

I stumbled upon JI at some point in '99(not sure exactly when) but I never felt the urge to sign up and begin posting back then. I just loved to scan the Board for all the links to Jet articles and inside Jet info and naturally I also got a kick out of the back and forth between all the great characters of JI. I remember my future wife way back then thinking there was something wrong with me as I laughed out loud at the sarcastic, Jet Fan strangers on the Internet into the middle of the night.

Eventually, even I actually signed up and even began to throw my 2 cents in once in a while....

There STILL is not a place a crazy Jet fan like myself would rather be to catch up on any and all Jet activity and also to laugh (my wife still thinks there's something wrong with me) along with and read incredible threads like this one.
    Love this place...

Hall Of Fame
    Kelvin, please.

-
    ooooh ! !

..i'm sorry 32green ! ! !

...i miss you too ! ! !

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by YJF View Post
    This thread is amazing. It's like a homecoming. Nothing quite beats nostalgia.

This board hasn't been as good as it was say 10 years ago and it will probably never go back to the way it was. Times have changed and so have the posters. The site has had some amazing contributors. So many great Jets fans who could have been writers and getting paid to cover the team and do a much better job than a lot of the current hacks. Lost in the anonymous internet are some amazing and smart Jets fans who are funny and insightful.

Credit to Soothsayer for opening the door back up for so many guys and gals from the past here at JI. All these great stories about posters getting banned makes me almost wish that I would have done something interesting to get banned but then I read Ham's farewell posts and realize that I did the right thing by not snapping or burning any bridges. Never my style anyway.
    Great post.

For the record...my intention when I created this place 14 years ago was always to have a premier forum for Jets fans to interact and I've been fortunate to have such a long run. This run has survived blatant rip off's of this site by others, deliberate sabotage, massive drama followed by exodus (which I admit at times I was guilty of participating in).

During this time, despite our growth which now is 40-50 million hits per month and a quarter million visitors, my vision never changed and I've continued to try to keep the place attractive to the majority. We also got credentialed by the Jets and the NFL (something to this day I'm very proud of don't believe any other Fan-based site has what we have) which gave us the opportunity to cover the team like no other site.

Obviously when the board grows like ours has and you have a massive amount of increased visitors the feel of the place has changed a bit since we first started. Those who have been here the entire run know there are still a ton of great regular posters here like we had from the start and I hope this thread (which I didn't even start), brings back some of the great posters from the past.

Granted, there are some that will never be welcomed back, but 99% I am very happy to see again even if we've had past issues. To be honest, most of the incidents I don't even remember.

Anyway, welcome again...

On another note....those who come back or are considering coming back with agendas and intentions to stir sh*t, please spare us and stay the f*ck away.

Cheers!
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 01-23-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Great post.

My intention when I created this place 14 years ago was always to have a premier forum for Jets fans to interact and I've been fortunate to have such a long run. This run has survived blatant rip off's of this site by others, deliberate sabotage, massive drama followed by exodus (which I admit at times I was guilty of participating in).

During this time, despite our growth which now is 40-50 million hits per month and a quarter million visitors, my vision never changed and I've continued to try to keep the place attractive to the majority. We also got credentialed by the Jets and the NFL (something to this day I'm very proud of don't believe any other Fan-based site has what we have) which gave us the opportunity to cover the team like no other site.

Obviously when the board grows like ours has and you have a massive amount of increased visitors the feel of the place has changed a bit since we first started. Those who have been here the entire run know there are still a ton of great regular posters here like we had from the start and I hope this thread (which I didn't even start), brings back some of the great posters from the past.

Granted, there are some that will never be welcomed back, but 99% I am very happy to see again even if we've had past issues. To be honest, most of the incidents I don't even remember.

Anyway, welcome again...

On another note....those who come back or are considering coming back with agendas and intentions to stir sh*t, please spare us and stay the f*ck away.

Cheers!
    thanx for a great site ! !

p.s. sooth , i'm like a bad habit; i keep comin' back ...cheers ~ ~

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    thanx for a great site ! !

p.s. sooth , i'm like a bad habit; i keep comin' back ...cheers ~ ~
    Indeed. lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Ha ha...and awaaaaaaay we go.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is the best thread since the SnowJob thread. I wish Jim325 would stop in and say hi. I havent heard from him since the Vegas Experiment.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    This is the best thread since the SnowJob thread. I wish Jim325 would stop in and say hi. I havent heard from him since the Vegas Experiment.
    Dude, Jim325 literally fell off the face of the earth and he was here from day 1.

We used to chat off the board and got together for games and roadtrips occasionally. I noticed he hadn't been posting in a while and emailed him with no response. Furthermore all of his numbers I had (work, cell, home) were all disconnected. Very bizarre.

If anyone knows his whereabouts please let me know.

Ha ha...and awaaaaaaay we go.

-
    I dug that pic up pretty much immediately after you first made a reference to when we met, but then decided to refrain from posting it at first. After it came up a few more times I eventually figured I might as well. Clearly that was the correct decision.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Wassup, n00bs?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Jets Fan™ View Post
    Wassup, n00bs?
    Another return. Who is left?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Jets Fan™ View Post
    Wassup, n00bs?
    hi bob hows the moustache?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    hi bob hows the moustache?
    Your tape recorder in the lunchroom didn't tell you, Mr. Rockefeller?