Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Insider Posters From The Past

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider Posters From The Past

I have been coming to and reading this board on and off since 2005. There are some really smart posters on this board but there seem to be a lot of names from the past that are no longer around. A lot of the posters on this site were and are better than the people that are being paid to cover the team. Still a fan of Warfish(cool name), Savage69(a high end and smarter version of Sar) and many others that I am forgetting at the moment.

Whatever happened to Green Jets and Ham?... I didn't always agree with his viewpoints(especially politics..lol..Sarah Palin was a savior if I recall) but I loved his in depth looks at the team. I recently started a thread about the Jets cap and roster that is directly inspired by his long analysis posts in the past.

Whatever happened to Bitonti? Mr. Bowling ball with butcher knives himself or was that Ham?... I always enjoyed his writeups on the team and draft.

Is Jason still around?... He was excellent with the cap and I appreciated the homework he did and the effort he put in.

Whatever happened to PatsFanTX?... My favorite troll, a much smarter and better version of Sar.

There are several other posters from the past that I can't think of at the moment but I miss these guys. This board is still good and fun to check out for the most part but the board misses these guys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    I have been coming to and reading this board on and off since 2005. There are some really smart posters on this board but there seem to be a lot of names from the past that are no longer around. A lot of the posters on this site were and are better than the people that are being paid to cover the team. Still a fan of Warfish(cool name), Savage69(a high end and smarter version of Sar) and many others that I am forgetting at the moment.

Whatever happened to Green Jets and Ham?... I didn't always agree with his viewpoints(especially politics..lol..Sarah Palin was a savior if I recall) but I loved his in depth looks at the team. I recently started a thread about the Jets cap and roster that is directly inspired by his long analysis posts in the past.

Whatever happened to Bitonti? Mr. Bowling ball with butcher knives himself or was that Ham?... I always enjoyed his writeups on the team and draft.

Is Jason still around?... He was excellent with the cap and I appreciated the homework he did and the effort he put in.

Whatever happened to PatsFanTX?... My favorite troll, a much smarter and better version of Sar.

There are several other posters from the past that I can't think of at the moment but I miss these guys. This board is still good and fun to check out for the most part but the board misses these guys.
    Tex is still around. Ham had a meltdown I believe and said some pretty distasteful things(I think that was Ham at least).

When I first started reading this board there were some really good posters that I have always wondered what happened. Since we are on the subject, if anyone could induldge me.

RutgersJetFan(RJF) was always a favorite of mine. And then he up and vanished, what was the story there? EY was another favorite, and the same thing, just up and disappeared. What about JStokes, he's a lot more recent, but I haven't seen him in a good while it seems.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite "keep it realistic" poster has always been Sonny Werblin. Thankfully he is still around.
    Keep on keepin it real big Werby.

PatsFanTx has been on a European cruise with ff2 since the holidays.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many of the past posters since I've been reading JI(2002 I believe) are on *********.com....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Tex is still around. Ham had a meltdown I believe and said some pretty distasteful things(I think that was Ham at least).

When I first started reading this board there were some really good posters that I have always wondered what happened. Since we are on the subject, if anyone could induldge me.

RutgersJetFan(RJF) was always a favorite of mine. And then he up and vanished, what was the story there? EY was another favorite, and the same thing, just up and disappeared. What about JStokes, he's a lot more recent, but I haven't seen him in a good while it seems.
    RJF was great.

What happened to Paulie? I thought he was Mauded?

EY left during the JetsBabe Blowup of 2009, and i fear JStokes wishes not to engage, participate, or read all of the Sanchez bashing on here. Those 2 were tight after they met at Jets West.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Many of the past posters since I've been reading JI(2002 I believe) are on *********.com....

Lol I guess that site is blocked on here.. who knew...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason has his own NY Jets Cap website and he posts some excellent pieces over there. I check it regularly. EY got mad at the administration here and moved to another Jets message board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    RJF was great.

What happened to Paulie? I thought he was Mauded?

EY left during the JetsBabe Blowup of 2009, and i fear JStokes wishes not to engage, participate, or read all of the Sanchez bashing on here. Those 2 were tight after they met at Jets West.
    Maybe I live under a rock, or maybe I never pay attention much outside of the main forum, but was was the Jets Babe blowup? If it's "not safe" to rehash it in the forum, I would appreciate someone sending me a rundown in my PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I read RJF too. He was very good. Sorry to hear about Ham.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    My favorite "keep it realistic" poster has always been Sonny Werblin. Thankfully he is still around.
    Keep on keepin it real big Werby.

PatsFanTx has been on a European cruise with ff2 since the holidays.
    Yeah, I agree Werblin is very smart and balanced.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I've been reading since '05 (started posting here and there for a couple of years, but mostly like to read)

JStokes and GJ&H were my past faves. But GJ&H had a crazy meltdown and had to go. PatsFanTX was in his prime before he zombified his avatar. FF2 does a good job of trolling in place of him though.

Current faves are Warfish and Bill Murray (can't think of his name at the moment).

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Yeah, I've been reading since '05 (started posting here and there for a couple of years, but mostly like to read)

JStokes and GJ&H were my past faves. But GJ&H had a crazy meltdown and had to go. PatsFanTX was in his prime before he zombified his avatar. FF2 does a good job of trolling in place of him though.

Current faves are Warfish and Bill Murray (can't think of his name at the moment).
    Warfish has always been a favorite of mine. I also like JonEJet,Buzzsaw, murphklecko and jetswin. I started thinking about some of these posters after reading the lame one sided posts by certain members of JI. Ryhmes with Sar.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A few older guys I miss are Jim325, Big Ethel, Jet Moses

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss Demon Cleaner. One of the coolest mods -- always took a real "hands off" approach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the Bowling Ball With Knives (later shortened to BBWK) was credited to Bob Jensen (the original Ray Ray, iMHO).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How sad is it that I know the circumstances surrounding every single poster mentioned here?

God.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post

Are there trolls on that site?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    How sad is it that I know the circumstances surrounding every single poster mentioned here?

God.
    Spill the beans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spill the beans.
    RJF and EY left with Jetsbabe and Kleckoisgod after Kleck's meltdown in October 2008 (right before we lost to the Raiders). That blow up involved GJ&H, who then himself went crazy roughly18 months after that.

Haha Im going to go cry now.