Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1322

Thread: Jets Insider Posters From The Past

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I have not seen anyone try to "humiliate" her, but as far as I'm concerned "professional" journalists are fair game.

http://www.wbir.com/video/default.as...=2086275025001
    lol, that's one sexy broad she interviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    lol, that's one sexy broad she interviewed.
    What? That's Rob Ryan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does he post on the other board or have they tired of his 14 year old teenage girlish antics?
    I never posted any place but here. I was told he went to another board and has a lot of posts there by one of our legendary charter members. When I came back here I still had a PM from him which I erased. I'd like to see him face to face and get 5 minutes with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I never posted any place but here. I was told he went to another board and has a lot of posts there by one of our legendary charter members. When I came back here I still had a PM from him which I erased. I'd like to see him face to face and get 5 minutes with him.
    What was the beef between you two (figuratively, not literally)?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    she's an awkward handler of that microphone
    Honestly, she has the looks for broadcasting and the passion for sports, but she should be coming out of school with better chops for the trade. The kids coming out of schools today with legit broadcast journalism programs are light years ahead. It's a tough business to break-through in. Have to be lucky AND good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Definitely remember lurking the old board in college (2000), but not from day 1.
    Same here,definitely since before 2003 might have lurked posted late 99 early 2000

Honestly, she has the looks for broadcasting and the passion for sports, but she should be coming out of school with better chops for the trade. The kids coming out of schools today with legit broadcast journalism programs are light years ahead. It's a tough business to break-through in. Have to be lucky AND good.
    trust me you have to be lucky and good-looking rather than good if it's onscreen you're after....if you don't have the look sadly it's radio or print

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What was the beef between you two (figuratively, not literally)?
    I was a Pennington guy. I admired his character tremendously. I saw his arm deteriorate but thought he made up with it with leadership and smarts. Those were polarizing times. Anyway I stood my ground and had a lot of antagonist who thought differently. In some of these threads you get called a lot of names and had to eat a lot of Sh!t. Klecko was in every thread I was in and there to tell me to calm down when I expressed my opinion. He was a mod and let me know it infinitum.
    Finally I got a PM from him saying I was banned for a week for my bad attitude. So I went to the real world for 5 years or so. My kids are working professionals and I thought this was a good time to come back.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    They're overrated - you aren't missing much. Ronkonkoma, OTOH, is filled with some fun loving cats. If you haven't been, yer missing out.

What about SPeonk?

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I've always wondered… What exactly are the qualifications to become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Great question. Guys?

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

What about SPeonk?

-
    Watch your mouth, pal! THis is a family place.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    I had a moment like that with Bill Parcells (poster, not real coach) in the Met Life parking lot a few years ago and confronted him. I told him that he had me here so this was his chance to say to me all the nasty stuff he wrote about me on the other board face to face. Needless to say, as expected, he was silent as a church mouse.

It's not very often you get a chance to confront an internet tough guy but I must say it was very satisfying to see his true colors.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    She's no Erin Andrews...that's for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    I had a moment like that with Bill Parcells (poster, not real coach) in the Met Life parking lot a few years ago and confronted him. I told him that he had me here so this was his chance to say to me all the nasty stuff he wrote about me on the other board face to face. Needless to say, as expected, he was silent as a church mouse.

It's not very often you get a chance to confront an internet tough guy but I must say it was very satisfying to see his true colors.
    I liked Parcells. I got into a lot of personal conversations with him but I could see that being the case. I was the middle weight base boxing champ when I was in the service (1963) in Brunswick Me. I avoid fights at all cost but show me a bully and I think I'm Joe Louis even my age. I weight 180 lbs now but still play a mean game of racquetball.

I was a Pennington guy. I admired his character tremendously. I saw his arm deteriorate but thought he made up with it with leadership and smarts. Those were polarizing times. Anyway I stood my ground and had a lot of antagonist who thought differently. In some of these threads you get called a lot of names and had to eat a lot of Sh!t. Klecko was in every thread I was in and there to tell me to calm down when I expressed my opinion. He was a mod and let me know it infinitum.
    Finally I got a PM from him saying I was banned for a week for my bad attitude. So I went to the real world for 5 years or so. My kids are working professionals and I thought this was a good time to come back.
    Wow. Thanks for sharing the story, RMJK.

FWIW, I don't think Kleck ever liked me. I did make him laugh once when I called him a "cum rag" over at the other place. I think it was in jest, but can't recall the exact particulars.

Ooooooooh. So klecko is klecko73isgod. Now, i know who you guys r talking about.

Yes a dick

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Can you work on the mystery of Kelly now?!?!?

Meh....maybe some things are better left unknown.
    Now thats a tough one...........i might have to break out encarta encyclopedia and ask jeeves

Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    My impersonation of a Green Jets and Ham post, particularly around draft time:

Four months before the draft:

"The Jets HAVE TO TAKE (insert player name her)!!!!! He is the BEST FIT right now, and will make the team THAT MUCH BETTER!!!"

Two months later, said player has now reportedly had a bad combine:

"I've changed my mind on who to take. This is NOT THE TYPE OF PLAYER THE JETS NEED!!! HE HAD A SLOW SHUTTLE RUN!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS???

No one does, but GJ&H. Now, one month before the draft, and a player is making a meteoric rise up the draft boards based on the so called online experts, even though he's not a need for the Jets:

"OMG!!! HAVE YOU SEEN THE REPORTS ON (insert new player name here)??? This is EXACTLY what the Jets NEED!!! You win in the NFL with THIS TYPE OF PLAYER, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT'S A NEED OR NOT!!!!

[I]You will notice the emphasis on capital letters and bolding because GJ&H wanted to make sure that HIS POINT WAS BEING EMPHASIZED AND HEARD!!!!![/I]
    Ok.....spot on.

I have always had a problem with posters who clearly spend wwwwwwwaaaaayyyyy too much time crafting their responses following all the rules of proper essay writing on chat boards. Very scary. I just type....mistakes, who cares you know what im saying so its good enough

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Interesting fact; I have yet to meet someone from Syosset or Hauppauge.

Dont know if they are avoiding me, but its strange.

-
    I went to Syosset HS and just go a invite to my 50th HS reunion..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I went to Syosset HS and just go a invite to my 50th HS reunion..
    Did you graduate when you were 20 .

BTW I also went to my 50th and it was like a geriatric ward. My best friends in HS were these real old men who I didn't recognize.

Savage you really look terrific for your age but I think I can take you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Did you graduate when you were 20 .

BTW I also went to my 50th and it was like a geriatric ward. My best friends in HS were these real old men who I didn't recognize.

Savage you really look terrific for your age but I think I can take you.
    No I was expelled for a year.. You forget your older then me.. If they held yours it would be in a grave yard..