Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 164

Thread: This game shows why you pay Revis

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,475
    No one is arguing how great Revis is but that's not the issue. Revis cap busting contract demands make it problematic for the Jets to also pay for enough talent to make the whole team relevant. A shutdown corner it and of himself can't win a Lombardi. I'd rather have a decent CB surrounded by very good players than one elite and expensive CB with a bunch of ham and eggers.

    Brady has repeatedly restructured his contract to free up cap space....do you see Revis doing this?

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    And what exactly has that gotten us? Absolutely nothing.

    While Revis is nice to have, it should be recognized that having a shutdown HoF CB is a LUXURY and not a NECESSITY.
    I agree especially since we have CRO. He is pretty darn good in his own right.

  3. #43
    I almost never agree with a thing Chupa says except for in this thread. People actually underestimate the effect Revis has in a game. The before this last the Jets would have been 5-11 instead of 8-8 if not for him. He not only shuts down the other teams best receiver he also makes teams pay if they are foolish enough to do so.

  4. #44
    And look at that; 9ers STILL won.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    No one is arguing how great Revis is but that's not the issue. Revis cap busting contract demands make it problematic for the Jets to also pay for enough talent to make the whole team relevant. A shutdown corner it and of himself can't win a Lombardi. I'd rather have a decent CB surrounded by very good players than one elite and expensive CB with a bunch of ham and eggers.

    Brady has repeatedly restructured his contract to free up cap space....do you see Revis doing this?
    He has twice, and almost three times made it unbearable for the franchise, the team, and the fans. History says that he will make things miserable again when the negotiations begin, and that if we keep him we will pay out the nose.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    The 49ers have the best front 7 int he NFL yet ONE PLAYER (Julio Jones) is ending their season. We all know that Darrelle doesn't allow **** like this to happen.
    How about waiting for the game to actually finish first.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Ugh just stop.

    One game isn't proof for or against a CB.

    Dump.
    No, its not. But we were right there sniffing a SB appearance with a CB as our highest paid player 2 seasons in a row. No reason why a team cant win with a CB as their highest paid player.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    No, its not. But we were right there sniffing a SB appearance with a CB as our highest paid player 2 seasons in a row. No reason why a team cant win with a CB as their highest paid player.
    When he's the highest paid player and one of the only ones worth a damn, you're not going to win a thing.

    Sanchez sucks, most of the offense sucks, and the D has to replace 3 LBs. But, no, let's just give Revis all the money he wants. That'll work.

  9. #49
    I would renegotiate Revis as soon as the new league year starts... If you can sign him to make sure he retires a Jet, I would trade Cromartie for a 2nd in this years draft. If you can't resign Revis now, you look to trade him instead. I just hate the idea of the Jets trading away a sure HOF player. However, if you can't negotiate a contract you are comfortable with, then you have no choice but to move on and try and get something for him.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,397
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    When he's the highest paid player and one of the only ones worth a damn, you're not going to win a thing.

    Sanchez sucks, most of the offense sucks, and the D has to replace 3 LBs. But, no, let's just give Revis all the money he wants. That'll work.
    No kidding

    And don't forget that 2/5 of our OL is set to hit the market. Not to mention Keller and Greene.

    But yeah, let's break the f*cking bank on Revis despite the fact that we had the 2nd ranked pass defense without him.

  11. #51
    Julio Jones did what now?

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    No, its not. But we were right there sniffing a SB appearance with a CB as our highest paid player 2 seasons in a row. No reason why a team cant win with a CB as their highest paid player.
    Until it actually happens, no, there is no reason to think a team can we a SB with a CB being their highest paid player.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No kidding

    And don't forget that 2/5 of our OL is set to hit the market. Not to mention Keller and Greene.

    But yeah, let's break the f*cking bank on Revis despite the fact that we had the 2nd ranked pass defense without him.
    Mmhmm. The difference between sitting home for the playoffs and playing in the Superbowl for the Jets was not being the #1 ranked Pass D. Yup, that's it.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    The 49ers have the best front 7 int he NFL yet ONE PLAYER (Julio Jones) is ending their season. We all know that Darrelle doesn't allow **** like this to happen.
    LOL. You should wait until the game is over before you spout such craziness.

    BTW, the Niners made the SB without Revis.

    CBs don't make championship teams.

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,550
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    No one is arguing how great Revis is but that's not the issue. Revis cap busting contract demands make it problematic for the Jets to also pay for enough talent to make the whole team relevant. A shutdown corner it and of himself can't win a Lombardi. I'd rather have a decent CB surrounded by very good players than one elite and expensive CB with a bunch of ham and eggers.

    Brady has repeatedly restructured his contract to free up cap space do you see Revis doing this?
    Brady is a team guy Revis is a Revis guy..

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Brady is a team guy Revis is a Revis guy..
    Who? Mevis? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!


  17. #57

    49ers

    No question their roster is loaded. However, that was achieved by stinking for most of the past decade -- 8 years between playoff appearances. So it goes without saying that the team was picking ver high in the draft.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    The 49ers have the best front 7 int he NFL yet ONE PLAYER (Julio Jones) is ending their season. We all know that Darrelle doesn't allow **** like this to happen.
    So, um yeah.... You were saying.

  19. #59
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    100
    Redskins need major help in their secondary. They need help badly enough to nibble on the Revis idea, despite their difficult '13 position vs. the Cap.

    Trade Revis & Tebow to Skins.

    Jets get Cousins & late round draft pick.

    Not much risk for Jets. They have no plans for Tebow and cannot afford Revis.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Redskins need major help in their secondary. They need help badly enough to nibble on the Revis idea, despite their difficult '13 position vs. the Cap.

    Trade Revis & Tebow to Skins.

    Jets get Cousins & late round draft pick.

    Not much risk for Jets. They have no plans for Tebow and cannot afford Revis.
    This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read on this site -- and that's saying something!

    Trade Revis to a team with no #1 picks upcoming and for a backup QB that hasn't proven a damn thing in this league for an all pro CB. GTFO with this garbage.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us