Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This game shows why you pay Revis

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Flacco has really grown as a QB. He and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit.
    They develop a plan around Flaccos strength. IfvRex were the coach, NO ATTENTION would be paid to developing an offense around Flacco.

Good for them. I hope REX is Embarassed enough to see his own flaws and help fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I almost never agree with a thing Chupa says except for in this thread. People actually underestimate the effect Revis has in a game. The before this last the Jets would have been 5-11 instead of 8-8 if not for him. He not only shuts down the other teams best receiver he also makes teams pay if they are foolish enough to do so.

So what? Most teams run three+ wr sets, and how have the jets been burned generally. Oh yeah, by the other team's 2, 3, 4, and te.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Idzik needs to tell Revis play out this year and then lets see. This team just isn't in the position to be redoing someones deal with a year left coming off of knee surgery.
    Idzik needs to tell Revis that he needs to rehab his ass off...cause if he wants a 'long term security' deal, he ain't getting it this year from the NY Jets and therefore needs to be able to showcase himself for other teams scouts before the trade deadline.

The Jets need to trade Revis as soon as he can demonstrate that he is physically back to par...cause he isn't worth anything to the 2013 NYJ on a one yr deal as the team isn't going anywhere, and after 2013 he is a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pass rusher > Shutdown corner.

A shutdown CB can take away a weapon from the QB. A pass rusher can take away a QB from his weapons. Pretty simple.

I like Revis, but a CB just isn't as important as some think.

I used to think that way but I changed my mind and politely disagree.

In my opinion:

Great pass rush>great secondary

Great individual corner>great individual pass rusher

Revis takes away your best receiver no matter what. There is no way around that. Put that receiver in motion and he will still cover him. To stop a great pass rusher, there are numerous possible solutions to eliminate or at least alleviate his destruction on your offense; have your QB frequently roll out to the other side, double team him with two linemen, double team him with a RB, double team him with a tight end etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post

In my opinion:

Revis takes away your best receiver no matter what. There is no way around that. Put that receiver in motion and he will still cover him. To stop a great pass rusher, there are numerous possible solutions to eliminate or at least alleviate his destruction on your offense; have your QB frequently roll out to the other side, double team him with two linemen, double team him with a RB, double team him with a tight end etc...
    True, but it's still no reason to pay that CB top QB money. This is especially true considering how terrible the rest of the team is (QB, WR, LB, etc.).

At the end of the day, a HoF CB is a luxury. We don't NEED him.

But, that's just my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post

In my opinion:

Excellent point. You can game plan around an individual pass rusher, particularly if you have the right personnel.

A great pass rush, in my opinion can also be neutralized. In last year's run the Giants lucked out by facing teams that had unbalanced offences. The Packers and Patriots, while having prolific passing offenses, didn't have a potent rushing attack. That played right into the Giants strengths. During the season though, when they went up against the Saints, the Saints' balanced O proved too much for them (taking in to account the Giants weren't as healthy at that time as they were in the time playoffs.)

All Pro
    Revis will be a jet for life .. The sooner you realize this the sooner you stop with the stupid trade revis for a bag of chips threads..

People claim it's a passing game but you don't need a CB? Or may fav Corner is not a premium position yet every year teams draft CB's in the top 10 of the draft ..

Fact is 95% on this board don't have a clue when it comes to cap , don't know what Revis will command and have no idea how his contract will be structured.

So it's just all talk coming from y'all ass

Then u have pats fans chiming in saying we should trade him this from the same team that traded for Talib? Bet you wished you had a better CBs out there every time Smith and Bolden gashed you with big plays one after another .
    Last edited by Scoop24; 01-21-2013 at 03:11 AM.

If these playoffs have done anything it's proven how unnecessary it is to field a top tier CB. I am all for trading Revis if we can get back a first rounder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    All your threads suck.
    Tone it down

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Revis will be a jet for life .. The sooner you realize this the sooner you stop with the stupid trade revis for a bag of chips threads..

People claim it's a passing game but you don't need a CB? Or may fav Corner is not a premium position yet every year teams draft CB's in the top 10 of the draft ..

Fact is 95% on this board don't have a clue when it comes to cap , don't know what Revis will command and have no idea how his contract will be structured.

So it's just all talk coming from y'all ass

Then u have pats fans chiming in saying we should trade him this from the same team that traded for Talib? Bet you wished you had a better CBs out there every time Smith and Bolden gashed you with big plays one after another .
    Once again...

- 3/4 of our LB corps will need to be replaced
    - 2/5 of our OL is set to hit the market
    - Both of our starting safeties are set to hit the market
    - Greene and Keller are set to hit the market
    - We have one of the worst QB situations in the league
    - Our offense as a whole is in total disarray

But yeah, let's pay out the ass for Revis despite the fact that we just fielded the #2 ranked secondary in the league without him.

I'm convinced that some of you guys are more concerned with bragging about having "the best CB in the league" than you are about getting this sad sack of sh*t of an offense on track.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    True, but it's still no reason to pay that CB top QB money. This is especially true considering how terrible the rest of the team is (QB, WR, LB, etc.).At the end of the day, a HoF CB is a luxury. We don't NEED him.

But, that's just my take on it.
    I think for some Jet fans that haven't had a truly great HOF type player on the team is what feeds their love affair for Revis.. At least they can brag we have the best CB in the NFL.. The Viking fans can brag they have the best RB in the NFL.. However neither position is going to get you to a Bowl for that you need a really good if not great QB..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think for some Jet fans that haven't had a truly great HOF type player on the team is what feeds their love affair for Revis.. At least they can brag we have the best CB in the NFL.. The Viking fans can brag they have the best RB in the NFL.. However neither position is going to get you to a Bowl for that you need a really good if not great QB..
    Curtis Martin!!!!

What?????

OP, all that I saw yesterday is that Aqib Talib was important to holding the Pats in the game.

I still see zero justification for dumping most of your cap into cornerback. One great corner, fine, keep Cro. He's not coming off a blown knee and will ultimately be reasonably priced in comparison to what Revis keeps ringing the Jets up for.

That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    The 49ers have the best front 7 int he NFL yet ONE PLAYER (Julio Jones) is ending their season. We all know that Darrelle doesn't allow **** like this to happen.
    this

seeing champ bailey and joseph beaten badly makes revis all that much better.

revis and cro the best cbs in the nfl.

get a qb and this team wins games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    get a qb and this team wins games.
    end thread.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Once again...

- 3/4 of our LB corps will need to be replaced
    - 2/5 of our OL is set to hit the market
    - Both of our starting safeties are set to hit the market
    - Greene and Keller are set to hit the market
    - We have one of the worst QB situations in the league
    - Our offense as a whole is in total disarray

But yeah, let's pay out the ass for Revis despite the fact that we just fielded the #2 ranked secondary in the league without him.

I'm convinced that some of you guys are more concerned with bragging about having "the best CB in the league" than you are about getting this sad sack of sh*t of an offense on track.
    You do know Revis can get paid and still have a cap friendly contract right ??

Structure will be the most important thing and since none of us have a clue As too how it will work out . This is pointless .

You are also fooling urself if you think the jets are filling all those positions through FA.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    One great corner, fine, keep Cro. He's not coming off a blown knee and will ultimately be reasonably priced in comparison to what Revis keeps ringing the Jets up for.

That's all there is to it.
    Keep in mind Cro will fall off sooner than Revis will - Cro relies on his freakish athleticism and size - Revis does it with technique.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    You do know Revis can get paid and still have a cap friendly contract right ??

Structure will be the most important thing and since none of us have a clue As too how it will work out . This is pointless .

You are also fooling urself if you think the jets are filling all those positions through FA.
    What the hell makes you think that Revis is willing to accept a "cap friendly" deal?

Seriously, judging by his negotiation tactics in the past, is there even a shred of evidence that he would be willing to do this?

The guy wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. He's even publicly said as much in the past.

Revis is a great player, no question.

But there's no goddamn way you give a CB $15-18 million a year. I don't give a sh*t if he's the bastard son of Primetime and Night Train Lane. You don't do it.

Why the hell anyone would want to pay almost $25 million a year just to our starting CB's alone is beyond me and quite frankly, insane.

What the hell makes you think that Revis is willing to accept a "cap friendly" deal?

Seriously, judging by his negotiation tactics in the past, is there even a shred of evidence that he would be willing to do this?

The guy wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. He's even publicly said as much in the past.

But there's no goddamn way you give a CB $15-18 million a year. I don't give a sh*t if he's the bastard son of Primetime and Night Train Lane. You don't do it.

Why the hell anyone would want to pay almost $25 million a year just to our starting CB's alone is beyond me and quite frankly, insane.
    Yep... that is why you make an effort to sign him to a new deal now... If you can't come to a mutual comfortable deal, you figure out plan b, which may be to move him...

this is the problem with jet fans. they want a team in cap hell, with many holes to fill and no offensive weapons, to pay one cb 15-20% of the cap. if idzik did this the media would fry him beyond belief.

All Pro

This is my point exactly 100% all speculation on your part . The guy still has comeback from the injury then has to prove he is the same player first before anyone not just jets consider spending that kinda money

U have never seen a player traded coming off a torn ACL why do u think there's a market now ?

Everyone counting money like its there's . There is alot more to a NFL contract then just the final doller... Atleast wait to see what terms are being discussed