Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This game shows why you pay Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Defense had SF behind the eightball, but it doesn't mean the O can't score. It takes both, or a lot of one side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pass rusher > Shutdown corner.

A shutdown CB can take away a weapon from the QB. A pass rusher can take away a QB from his weapons. Pretty simple.

I like Revis, but a CB just isn't as important as some think.

I understand pass rushers are extremely important, but Revis is taking away that #1 the entire game. How often do pass rushers get to the QB in a single game?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I understand pass rushers are extremely important, but Revis is taking away that #1 the entire game. How often do pass rushers get to the QB in a single game?
    And what exactly has that gotten us? Absolutely nothing.

While Revis is nice to have, it should be recognized that having a shutdown HoF CB is a LUXURY and not a NECESSITY.

Jets Insider VIP
    No, this game shows you why you need a good QB and a competent offense.

I have no idea why people want to pay $25 million a year to our starting CB's when our offense is complete dogsh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No, this game shows you why you need a good QB and a competent offense.

I have no idea why people want to pay $25 million a year to our starting CB's when our offense is complete dogsh*t.
    Who was it on this board that said we should build around REVIS? I think it was yesterday, but I can't remember who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I agree revis is HUGE for any defense. I also believe having a very good qb who can throw perfect throws is much more important for the O. Not easy to come by though... Sanchez could never make throws like Ryan..
    Exactly. Kapernick too. These qbs have velocity and accuracy. They put their receivers in position to make big plays because they put the ball right on their hands. And obviously the accuracy leads to fewer turnovers. Sanchez is the worst. I can't bear to watch another season of him.

And Flynn Is Sanchez redux. Innacurate and weak armed. NOT THE ANSWER.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' One Eye View Post
    Exactly. Kapernick too. These qbs have velocity and accuracy. They put their receivers in position to make big plays because they put the ball right on their hands. And obviously the accuracy leads to fewer turnovers. Sanchez is the worst. I can't bear to watch another season of him.

And Flynn Is Sanchez redux. Innacurate and weak armed. NOT THE ANSWER.
    Not looking for an arguement, but on this u are wrong.

If Revis played the entire season, what would the Jets record have been?

6-10, probably?

Except that, you know...it does happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU

I don't see how a quarter of a game = PAY REVIS WHATEVER HE WANTS DOE!
    That's one play. Revis doesn't get abused repeatedly like we're seeing today. If you keep throwing at Revis like the Falcons are doing to the 49ers, something bad will happen to the offense.

Aldon Smith sure isn't doing much to stop the Falcons attack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who was it on this board that said we should build around REVIS? I think it was yesterday, but I can't remember who it was.
    I don't know, there's a couple of retards on the board who fit that desciption.

Yeah, let's gloat about having the best secondary in the league all the while we're still struggling to put up 10 points a game.

Sounds like a winning formula.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Good offensive teams have more than 1 receiver.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    The 49ers have the best front 7 int he NFL yet ONE PLAYER (Julio Jones) is ending their season. We all know that Darrelle doesn't allow **** like this to happen.
    Sorry, I think you meant to start a thread that says This is why you DON'T pay Revis so you can pay a Quarterback who is actually more important than having the best CB in the league, since we already have one of the top ten CB's in the league in Antonio Cromartie.

The Falcons don't have Revis either... How are they winning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Good offensive teams have more than 1 receiver.
    So let the #2 beat you, if he can. pass rushers aren't do a thing today. And with the 49ers not getting their usual pressure, they are cooked because they don't have a DB who can shut anyone down.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yea, guy who held out twice is now going to give the Jets a hometown discount.
    Thats my point, Tanny pu$$ied out in the past, get rid of him if (or when) he's asking for the huge contract again...team guys that want to win a super bowl take a little less eventually

All Pro
    This game, and these playoffs, show why you need a good offense to win in this league. The Niners are not playing well defensively but they are still in the game because they can move the ball and score points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    This game, and these playoffs, show why you need a good offense to win in this league. The Niners are not playing well defensively but they are still in the game because they can move the ball and score points.
    Is that your Bully in your avatar ? I have had three now... Love the breed!!!1

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    It would be one thing if he at least tried to play it off like he wanted to "stay a Jet for life", or "be a part of this organization when it wins a SB", even if it was a blatant lie, i would as a fan at least appreciate it.

Revis makes it blatantly known that he is just out for the money.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Is that your Bully in your avatar ? I have had three now... Love the breed!!!1
    Nope. I have a greyhound and a golden-rottweiler mix. The Avatar is UGA - I am a University of GA grad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Nope. I have a greyhound and a golden-rottweiler mix. The Avatar is UGA - I am a University of GA grad.
    Gotch Ya!!!!