Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sundquist on Tebow debacle: "They realized it was divisive...wanted an exit strategy"

So the guy that's already out the door gets all the blame...

And this is news worthy or surprising to you people?

Jets fans are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...m-not-his-call

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Sunday notes: Woody says Tim not his call: Apologize for the delay of game. A look at the Jets and the NFL ... http://es.pn/SnwG4K #nyj

Another interesting note is that, according to Sundquist, the Tebow trade was actually forced upon Woody by Tanny.
    How can a GM 'force' anything on an owner ... Doesn't he ... You know ... 'Own' the team?

What I'm getting here is that Woody is obviously lying because he wants to sell PSLs and because Republicans always stick together. But if he's not lying, then he should have played the owner card to make personnel decisions and nix the trade.

Can't win for losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    So the guy that's already out the door gets all the blame...

And this is news worthy or surprising to you people?

Jets fans are idiots.
    Ain't that the truth. The one who's canned gets all the blame, that's like Business 101.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    What I'm getting here is that Woody is obviously lying because he wants to sell PSLs and because Republicans always stick together. But if he's not lying, then he should have played the owner card to make personnel decisions and nix the trade.

Can't win for losing.
    WTF? Republicans? Don't Democrats stick together? Libertarians? Isn't that why they're called "Parties" - because they're for people with similar beliefs?

Anyhow, there are just as many "Democrat" fans of Tebow as there are "Republican" fans, if you feel the need to label folks. I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that Democrats don't believe in God, or that all Republicans believe in God.

Let's leave politics out of sports, dude. We have enough to argue about without labeling sports fans and athletes as conservatives or liberals/

Its obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That doesn't mean Rex didn't want him to begin with.
    If Rex wanted tebow, he would have insisted on him getting more playing time, including benching Sanchez earlier and starting tebow. Ryan never wanted Tebow.All of the bad personnel decisions are clearly on the guy who was fired, Tanny.

According to Rex & Woody at the last presser, the decisions in the past were "Jet decisions" but now all of a sudden Tebow was forced on Woody?

This is the same Woody who said "We passed on Peyton Manning", right after Manning wouldn't give Woody or this organization the time of day.

The fish stinks from the head down folks.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    WTF? Republicans? Don't Democrats stick together? Libertarians? Isn't that why they're called "Parties" - because they're for people with similar beliefs?

Anyhow, there are just as many "Democrat" fans of Tebow as there are "Republican" fans, if you feel the need to label folks. I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that Democrats don't believe in God, or that all Republicans believe in God.

Let's leave politics out of sports, dude. We have enough to argue about without labeling sports fans and athletes as conservatives or liberals/
    I was, uh, being ironic, impliedly commenting on several other posts in various threads.

All Pro
    Tanny admitted that Tebow was all on him. Sundquist is the media for the last 5 years. You guys need to simmer down.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    I was, uh, being ironic, impliedly commenting on several other posts in various threads.
    You were being sarcastic, but it's ironic that you don't know the difference.

Don't insult our intelligence by saying you wanted no part of Tebow, Woody. Now it's all on Tannenbaum, aka, the cap "genius"? Give me a break. Tannenbaum's out the door so let's just throw all the blame on him, despite what he may say himself - yeah, I'll buy that.

The reality is that all three stooges share in the responsibility for bringing in tebow. The head coach, gm and owner all had to sign on at some point. All three Mensa candidates agreed to bring in a QB that can't throw the ball (but boy, he was such a great guy ). They agreed to take him on the roster, trade draft picks and pay the money owed to him. That means both moe, Larry and curly all said yes in the end. This leaked story confirms the obvious that the owner and coach are an embarrassment. Thankfully, the coach will follow the gm out the door in less then 12 months. If only the owner could follow.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I largely agree but Tanny was gone quickly and GMs usually don't take a fall when injuries play a big role in a season's downfall (ex. Holmes, Revis, Keller, Hill, etc). The fact that Tanny was toasted so promptly tells me the decision to fire him was likely made pretty early, maybe before December, as the Tebow fiasco grew.
    Hmmm Tanny wanted Tebow and the head scout Bradway wanted Wilson.. If Rex really wanted Tebow he would have used him I would think??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    The reality is that all three stooges share in the responsibility for bringing in tebow. The head coach, gm and owner all had to sign on at some point. All three Mensa candidates agreed to bring in a QB that can't throw the ball (but boy, he was such a great guy ). They agreed to take him on the roster, trade draft picks and pay the money owed to him. That means both moe, Larry and curly all said yes in the end. This leaked story confirms the obvious that the owner and coach are an embarrassment. Thankfully, the coach will follow the gm out the door in less then 12 months. If only the owner could follow.......
    And the one that burns me most....

They got rid of a competent traditional back up QB for Tebow whom they all can't run away from fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is though at least they are tyring to improve things now even if it is three years later then they should have.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    The Pats brought in Ocho and Haynesworth how did that work out??

Every football insider (Schefter, Mort) that I've heard comment on the Tebow acquisition said there was no indication or evidence it was owner driven.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Every football insider (Schefter, Mort) that I've heard comment on the Tebow acquisition said there was no indication or evidence it was owner driven.
    Intellegent Jet fans know best what they don't know they make up..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    And the one that burns me most....

They got rid of a competent traditional back up QB for Tebow whom they all can't run away from fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is though at least they are tyring to improve things now even if it is three years later then they should have.
    Great point.

The only hope for this franchise is if the team is so bad in 2013 that it shames the owner into allowing the correct move to be done. Idzik will be able to fire the clown and bring in a talented head coach who will put a system in place to groom the franchise QB coming out in the next draft.

Losing is winning for the 2013 New York jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Hmmm Tanny wanted Tebow and the head scout Bradway wanted Wilson.. If Rex really wanted Tebow he would have used him I would think??
    not after seeing him in practice.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Then can we also leave religion out of sports as well?