Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Ravens @ Pastriots

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tuck those ears in, Anquan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    You may be right. People have been saying that for quite a few years now. We keep coming back.

Never the less if it is over it was a great ride, but I'd bet the pats will be AFC east champs and in the playoffs again next year.
    I agree .. The pats will win the division next year probably.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I agree .. The pats will win the division next year probably.
    With or without Brady.

It's the rest of the AFC that they have problems with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    But both teams were in the same exact position last year
    LOL.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    3 years in a row the Pats got roughed up. In the regular season a lot of those hits are some extra flags and there's a lot more flags being thrown. in the playoff's the ref's let the game go on some more and more physical play slide. In the playoff's what has killed the Pats is the lack of a deep ball, being out muscled, no toughness, and lack of adjustments.

Its the same story the last 3 years. If the Pats want to finally get over the hump they desperately need to work on 20 plus yard plays and not rely on all the short stuff. Guys were getting crushed all game and eventually it wore the Pats receivers out ... guys started droppin balls, scared to run after catch, and etc. They desperately need a tough leader as well. I'm hoping they don't fix this and at this point in his career I'm not sure if Brady can adjust to making more throws downfield.
    I'd agree. They do need a stretch the field receiver. Their defense is getting better but still has a way to go. Tom is getting older, but the majority of the team is young and talented.

Bottom line is the Ravens played well.

I think the Niners will crush them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @SI_PeterKing: Playoff records since 2008: John Harbaugh 8-4, Belichick 3-4.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @SI_PeterKing: Playoff records since 2008: John Harbaugh 8-4, Belichick 3-4.
    Rex Ryan 4-2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Denver's gotta feel really bad because if they could have pulled that game out against the Ravens they could have beat the Pats too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Rex Ryan 4-2
    2011 - 0-0
    2012 - 0-0

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Pasts fans are the most classless creeps in the world. Love seeing them cry right now!

THEIR TEARS ARE SO SWEET! SO DELICIOUS!
    Dead On !!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen to Shannon Sharpe! He just ripped into that POS NE coach for not coming out to speak after the game. As he said.."this makes it really hard to root for the Pats". VERY TRUE!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    2011 - 0-0
    2012 - 0-0
    Undefeated!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    How sweet was that INT?
    Thought bubble: "I am Tom Brady, this cannot be happening".
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-20-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    Amen to Shannon Sharpe! He just ripped into that POS NE coach for not coming out to speak after the game. As he said.."this makes it really hard to root for the Pats". VERY TRUE!
    But we've known that BB is a dick and a sore loser for years, so why act as if it's a new and shocking discovery?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Rex Ryan 4-2
    Yeah...what a mistake Baltimore made passing over REX

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx View Post
    But we've known that BB is a dick for years, so why act as if it's a new and shocking discovery?
    Because for years, the media has been grabbing their collective ankles anytime BB is mentioned. It is about time that someone had the ballz to call him out on it....on TV. I'm not a Sharpe fan...but he gets my respect for this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
    I'd agree. They do need a stretch the field receiver. Their defense is getting better but still has a way to go. Tom is getting older, but the majority of the team is young and talented.

Bottom line is the Ravens played well.

I think the Niners will crush them.
    I don't think its the receiver ... LLoyd is that guy and they've had some of those guys in the past but Brady just feels more comfortable throwing the ball 12 yards deep and in. That last INT he completely underthrew that ball and had he put it over the defenders head to the right thats an easy TD. Rodgers makes that throw, Kapernick, hell even Flacco. That play was set up for a TD right there and he just isn't used to making that throw. Look at how week Brady threw that ... no strength, no confidence, no follow thru ... I know he'd been rocked and he was worried about the ball being tipped but there are a bunch of QB's who can make that throw. If they don't work on throwing the ball 15-20 yards plus more they'll never get over the hump. These playoff games are called loosely by refs and they allow a lot more contact. It seems like it takes the Pats 7-10 plays just to move down the field significantly. Ravens scored their first TD after halftime like in 4-5 .... In the playoff's these really long drives just don't happen as often as in the regular season. Pats need to work on this or its a wrap and I'm not 100% sure they haven't built this around Brady cause he can't make those throws anymore, for whatever reason.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I don't think its the receiver ... LLoyd is that guy and they've had some of those guys in the past but Brady just feels more comfortable throwing the ball 12 yards deep and in. That last INT he completely underthrew that ball and had he put it over the defenders head to the right thats an easy TD. Rodgers makes that throw, Kapernick, hell even Flacco. That play was set up for a TD right there and he just isn't used to making that throw. Look at how week Brady threw that ... no strength, no confidence, no follow thru ... I know he'd been rocked and he was worried about the ball being tipped but there are a bunch of QB's who can make that throw. If they don't work on throwing the ball 15-20 yards plus more they'll never get over the hump. These playoff games are called loosely by refs and they allow a lot more contact. It seems like it takes the Pats 7-10 plays just to move down the field significantly. Ravens scored their first TD after halftime like in 4-5 .... In the playoff's these really long drives just don't happen as often as in the regular season. Pats need to work on this or its a wrap and I'm not 100% sure they haven't built this around Brady cause he can't make those throws anymore, for whatever reason.
    Part of it is who they were playing. The short passing game is always the biggest part of the Pats offense, but against the Ravens, with Ed Reed lurking downfield, I think the Pats are even more based on the short passing game. Brady and Belichick are scared of him, and for good reason.

Without a deep passing game, they need to be nearly perfect in their short passing game. Usually they are good enough, that's how they have the best offense in the league. But today they weren't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Torrey Smith ‏@TorreySmithWR
    Someone in New England wasted a lot of money on that Ray Lewis retirement billboard