Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 140

Thread: Mort: Jets hire David Lee as QB Coach

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bills don't have a HC obsessed with the wildcat and the fact that he lost Brad Smith. And they don't have Tim Tebow.

    I will tell you what. Let's wait until one of Rex's pressers when he discussed the hire. Then we will see how justified my opinion/worries are.
    Good Plan...

    I cant see MM running a wildcat with any consistency....

  2. #82
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,636
    He never coached QBs in the wildcat. Darrin McFadden ran it in Arkansas and Ronnie Brown ran it in Miami. I have no idea if he is going to be good for the jets.

  3. #83
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    This is the first hiring I truly dislike. Either way I'm not gonna get upset about it. You never know maybe it will work out great.
    Wait a minute.

    So I'm allowed to dislike this move?

    SAR I

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Wait a minute.

    So I'm allowed to dislike this move?

    SAR I
    What does Francessa say?

  5. #85
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    What does Francessa say?
    LOL

    He said that the Rainbows & Unicorns Coalition needs to get its story straight.

    SAR I

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bills don't have a HC obsessed with the wildcat and the fact that he lost Brad Smith. And they don't have Tim Tebow.

    I will tell you what. Let's wait until one of Rex's pressers when he discusses the hire. Then we will see how justified my opinion/worries are.
    Because Rex is always truthful? So you are expecting Tebow as a Jet this season? I'd be shocked if that's the case. Shocked!

  7. #87
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Good Plan...

    I cant see MM running a wildcat with any consistency....
    Look. I hope all of you guys are right. I hope I eat all of these words. But, I have very little faith in Rex.

    I apologize for my little tirade. To be honest, I don't even think the QB coach had that much of an impact on a team. It is just I think we are very likely going to have Tebow and Sanchez on the roster next year. But if we do have Sanchez on the roster than I want an completely open competition and if he wins that competition I want him to never be taken out of a game unless he is hurt or ineffective. And under no circumstances do I want his replacement to be Tebow. This hire makes me believe that is exactly what the case will be.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Look. I hope all of you guys are right. I hope I eat all of these words. But, I have very little faith in Rex.

    I apologize for my little tirade. To be honest, I don't even think the QB coach had that much of an impact on a team. It is just I think we are very likely going to have Tebow and Sanchez on the roster next year. But if we do have Sanchez on the roster than I want an completely open competition and if he wins that competition I want him to never be taken out of a game unless he is hurt or ineffective. And under no circumstances do I want his replacement to be Tebow. This hire makes me believe that is exactly what the case will be.
    As others have posted. No way Mohnerwig comes aboard if the plan is for Tebow to be the Jets QB. JMO

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Look. I hope all of you guys are right. I hope I eat all of these words. But, I have very little faith in Rex.

    I apologize for my little tirade. To be honest, I don't even think the QB coach had that much of an impact on a team. It is just I think we are very likely going to have Tebow and Sanchez on the roster next year. But if we do have Sanchez on the roster than I want an completely open competition and if he wins that competition I want him to never be taken out of a game unless he is hurt or ineffective. And under no circumstances do I want his replacement to be Tebow. This hire makes me believe that is exactly what the case will be.
    It all comes down to Rex... Many are not happy he is hanging around. Not much we can do but hope with some better players he can get his act together.

  10. #90
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,129
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As others have posted. No way Mohnerwig comes aboard if the plan is for Tebow to be the Jets QB. JMO
    I hope you are right.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope you are right.
    And Idzik doesn't have any equity in Tebow. An easy cut for him.

  12. #92
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,542
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And Idzik doesn't have any equity in Tebow. An easy cut for him.
    Nobody has equity in Tebow.....

  13. #93
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Im not defending Cav, or saying lee is going to be better.. but its a position coach.. If a position coach needs to coach a player how to play his own position we have much bigger problems.. I dont know who the qb coach is for patriots, or denver, indy, ect.. But I will bet they made very little difference in the lives of their qb..
    WRONG!!!!!!

    COME ON MAN......

    GOOD GRIEF!!!!

  14. #94
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Nobody remembers that Rodgers was almost considered a bust the first few years.
    Yea but the experts out here on JI now are saying coaching doesnt matter.....

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,129
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And Idzik doesn't have any equity in Tebow. An easy cut for him.
    I agree.

    But for the sake of conversation, what would it say, if anything, about Idzik if Tebow is on the roster next year?

    Personally, I think he needs to go even if we have to cut him. I would refuse to buy anything about evaluating Tebow.

  16. #96
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    CMART ................

    What I like about this hire is that it goes directly to your point that the Jets have not been properly coached even when they have had the proper talent on the field!!!

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    CMART ................

    What I like about this hire is that it goes directly to your point that the Jets have not been properly coached even when they have had the proper talent on the field!!!

  18. #98
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    He wasn't brought in here for Tebow or the Wildcat. Morhinweg wouldn't be here if that was the case. To me, he was clearly brought in here to work on Sanchez' mechanics. Starting with his wide feet separation (throwing base) and lack of follow through. The Jets are paying him 8.25 million. They are going to do whatever they can to get their moneys worth. If he's a mechanics guru, then this is an excellent hire. Especially in the accuracy department, which paramount in the WCO. The Jets need to continue supporting him by bringing in more receiving talent (including a RB), and a couple of Guards that have the speed and agility to pull. All of these moves and future moves on offense will be to support the WCO.
    Good post

  19. #99
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen View Post
    He wasn't brought in here for Tebow or the Wildcat. Morhinweg wouldn't be here if that was the case. To me, he was clearly brought in here to work on Sanchez' mechanics. Starting with his wide feet separation (throwing base) and lack of follow through. The Jets are paying him 8.25 million. They are going to do whatever they can to get their moneys worth. If he's a mechanics guru, then this is an excellent hire. Especially in the accuracy department, which paramount in the WCO. The Jets need to continue supporting him by bringing in more receiving talent (including a RB), and a couple of Guards that have the speed and agility to pull. All of these moves and future moves on offense will be to support the WCO.
    What is amazing to me is that so many forget sanchez had excellent mechanics when he came from USC and the Jets "coaching" has made him have poorer mechanics then most college QBs....

    IMO it was a disgrace and finally the Jets as an organization are doing something about their insanity and people are still complaining.....

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    What is amazing to me is that so many forget sanchez had excellent mechanics when he came from USC and the Jets "coaching" has made him have poorer mechanics then most college QBs....

    IMO it was a disgrace and finally the Jets as an organization are doing something about their insanity and people are still complaining.....
    I think Sanchez is unsalvageable ... However a read and throw offense is about the only chance he has... Interested to see Mcelroy as well.... Still want us to find a hold the fort guy...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us