Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mort: Jets hire David Lee as QB Coach

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    So then the INT machine/choke master/cluster f**k known as Ryan Fitzpatrick was just a fluke?
    Right, because you could be a successful NFL QB with proper coaching.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a top flight NFL prospect and it's on the QB coach to blow it.

This is the first hiring I truly dislike. Either way I'm not gonna get upset about it. You never know maybe it will work out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Right, because you could be a successful NFL QB with proper coaching.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a top flight NFL prospect and it's on the QB coach to blow it.
    That may be going to far. He was a pleasant surprise as a 6th round pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'm sorry but I just don't like this hire.

I agree it is hard considering where we are coming from but for me it's like going from Schotty to Shades again.

I would have been happy with a no name QC guy from Green Bay.
    I would be shocked if you liked any move the Jets make.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    That may be going to far. He was a pleasant surprise as a 6th round pick.
    I just find it amazingly simple for people to think that a coaches ability is based on how good his QB plays only.

The thinking that leads people to think Rodgers QB QB coaches have to be better than Fitzpatricks.

NO one has a clue how much a particular QB coach helped or didnt help and added to a teams QB
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    I would be shocked if you liked any move the Jets make.
    If you have been reading this "unreadable" board, then you would know that this is the only hire I have knocked. I think the OC hire is a clear upgrade and I am waiting till the draft to see if I like Idzik.

This hire I have no problem calling from the jump. Just like the Sparano hire last year.

Wait until you guys see he we hire as the towel boy this year!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If you have been reading this "unreadable" board, then you would know that this is the only hire I have knocked. I think the OC hire is a clear upgrade and I am waiting till the draft to see if I like Idzik.

This hire I have no problem calling from the jump. Just like the Sparano hire last year.
    You're a whiner, dont know how you can argue it.

What exactly is it that you don't like about the guy as a QB Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The Jets hired him... That's all it takes for some...

I just find it amazingly simple for people to think that a coaches ability is based on how good his QB plays only.

The thinking that leads people to think Rodgers QB QB coaches have to be better than Fitzpatricks.

NO one has a clue how much a particular QB coach helped or didnt help and added to a teams QB
    Far enough, good point. Sometimes the guy just doesn't have it. Fitzpatrick has had some really high ups and some pretty low downs since he was drafted. He's severely inconsistent.

He probably doesn't even know. That, or he'll just tell you that he wanted someone from GB, NO, NE, or Denver . . . even if the guy just wiped Aaron Rodgers' ass.

It's like when some people wanted Carmichael from NO to be the OC, even though they don't know jack **** about him.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't want anything to do with the wildcat.

And please don't try to tell me the wildcat has nothing to do with this hire. Rex thought Sparano would help with it, but then he realized that Sparano was riding Lee's coattails so now we go out and get Lee.

I think Sanchez sucks and I would cut him even with the cap hit just b.c I hate the idea of bringing him back this year. But I will say that he has been in a bad situation since Day 1 and the wildcat was part of that.

And aside from that, what QB has he coached or improved that I would want on my team? IMO, none.

And IMO there are only 3 QBs that are legitimate passers and runners that can actually win games doing it. RG3, Wilson and Kaep. I don't include Newton b.c he hasn't won. And none of them have proven longevity. So I don't care about the "new age" QB offense. Give me a pocket passer who is athletic enough to move when he needs to and I will be more than happy.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Are people really knocking Lee based on Fitzpatrick?

LOL

As someone else stated, Fitz was a 7th round pick out of Harvard for f*ck sake. It's amazing he ever even started a game, much less 3 1/2 seasons.

Jets Insider VIP
    And aside from that, what QB has he coached that I would want on my team?
    I'd take Henne or a 38 year old Pennington over Sanchez.

I don't want anything to do with the wildcat.

And please don't try to tell me the wildcat has nothing to do with this hire. Rex thought Sparano would help with it, but then he realized that Sparano was riding Lee's coattails so now we go out and get Lee.

I think Sanchez sucks and I would cut him even with the cap hit just b.c I hate the idea of bringing him back this year. But I will say that he has been in a bad situation since Day 1 and the wildcat was part of that.

And aside from that, what QB has he coached that I would want on my team?
    How about you enlighten us all with how much wildcat the Bills ran last year!!!!
    They guy designed a wing t offense from Arkansas that the Dolphins used with some moderate success and you decide to label him a wildcat QB...

Better yet how about you enlighten us to how much wildcat his starting QBs who he coached ran!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    The Jets hired him... That's all it takes for some...
    You're right. But that's not me.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He probably doesn't even know. That, or he'll just tell you that he wanted someone from GB, NO, NE, or Denver . . . even if the guy just wiped Aaron Rodgers' ass.

It's like when some people wanted Carmichael from NO to be the OC, even though they don't know jack **** about him.
    Some detective you are.

When we were searching for our OC I actually posted that I would not automatically be in love with someone from those teams b.c I am not sure how much of their "genius" had to do with having a great QB. I completely understand that some QBs make their teams and coaches look much better than they are. Which is part of the reason why I actually like our OC hire despite Vick making him look bad the past two years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'd take Henne or a 38 year old Pennington over Sanchez.
    I agree. Over Sanchez, I would. Doesn't mean I want any of them though.

All League
    He wasn't brought in here for Tebow or the Wildcat. Morhinweg wouldn't be here if that was the case. To me, he was clearly brought in here to work on Sanchez' mechanics. Starting with his wide feet separation (throwing base) and lack of follow through. The Jets are paying him 8.25 million. They are going to do whatever they can to get their moneys worth. If he's a mechanics guru, then this is an excellent hire. Especially in the accuracy department, which paramount in the WCO. The Jets need to continue supporting him by bringing in more receiving talent (including a RB), and a couple of Guards that have the speed and agility to pull. All of these moves and future moves on offense will be to support the WCO.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    How about you enlighten us all with how much wildcat the Bills ran last year!!!!
    They guy designed a wing t offense from Arkansas that the Dolphins used with some moderate success and you decide to label him a wildcat QB...

Better yet how about you enlighten us to how much wildcat his starting QBs who he coached ran!

Bills don't have a HC obsessed with the wildcat and the fact that he lost Brad Smith. And they don't have Tim Tebow.

I will tell you what. Let's wait until one of Rex's pressers when he discusses the hire. Then we will see how justified my opinion/worries are.